The Downtown Disney Thread

Tamandua

Can anyone tell me if they currently have this cup at world of Disney?
Screenshot_20210525-194227_eBay.jpg

Tamandua

I don't remember seeing it on Sunday when I was there, but our priority was on getting a plush so we might've just glazed over it.
I know they had it at main Street emporium when I was there on the 30th. I almost bought it but I was in a hurry. Now I don't have access to Disneyland. Would like to know if they have it at DTD before making the trip. Disney support is still in ramp up mode and doesn't seem to know what they're doing yet so no help there.

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
Two new stores are coming to Downtown Disney: Lovepop (Paper Art store) and Pelé Soccer (Soccer stuff):
Safe to say that one of these will replace the Void. I'm guessing they'll make use of the ESPN gift store space again without opening up the whole venue like when they needed some place to sell Avengers Campus merch few months ago.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Two new stores are coming to Downtown Disney: Lovepop (Paper Art store) and Pelé Soccer (Soccer stuff):
Safe to say that one of these will replace the Void. I'm guessing they'll make use of the ESPN gift store space again without opening up the whole venue like when they needed some place to sell Avengers Campus merch few months ago.
Makes a lot of sense putting a soccer store at Downtown Disney when people can just go to Santa Ana instead.

TP2000

What exactly is "paper art"? Is that what the kids now call Origami?

I can't imagine it's a stationery store. Judging on the complete inability of my twenty-something and increasingly affluent nieces and nephews to write a thank you note back to me after I send them expensive Christmas/Birthday gifts, I can't imagine the young generation has suddenly glommed on to handwritten notes on artisanal stationery paper. 🧐

Someone fill me in. What is "paper art", besides Americanized Origami?

milordsloth

I can't imagine it's a stationery store. Judging on the complete inability of my twenty-something and increasingly affluent nieces and nephews to write a thank you note back to me after I send them expensive Christmas/Birthday gifts, I can't imagine the young generation has suddenly glommed on to handwritten notes on artisanal stationery paper. 🧐

Lovepop mostly sells "pop-up" cards for all occasions. I'm pretty sure they were on shark tank a while ago. I actually bought a few of their cards a few years ago and thought they were pretty well made! However I have no idea if that is considered origami....

J4546

if they would just repurpose the amc building into a new version of disney quest thats like dave and busters with food and ticket redemption games. they already have the merch for prizes (pins, hats, clothing) and it could be open til midnight keeping people in downtown spending money.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

They make 3D Popup Cards for all occasions as someone mentioned, here is one example:

lovepoptree.jpg

josh2000

Lovepop is awesome. They are my go-to when I need a card for a holiday or birthday or something. Sooooo much better than some cheesy card you can get at Walmart or CVS.

TP2000

Lovepop mostly sells "pop-up" cards for all occasions. I'm pretty sure they were on shark tank a while ago. I actually bought a few of their cards a few years ago and thought they were pretty well made! However I have no idea if that is considered origami....

They make 3D Popup Cards for all occasions as someone mentioned, here is one example:

lovepoptree.jpg

Ah, got it. Those look lovely, and impressive.

I had no idea. Although, my Christmas cards each year often have a little pop-up feature, but nothing quite so elaborate as the photo above. Pro Tip: Buy your Christmas cards from the Museum of Modern Art in New York around September before they sell out.

This Downtown Disney card shop is now on my list of To-Do's later this fall. Thank you all for the info!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ah, got it. Those look lovely, and impressive.

I had no idea. Although, my Christmas cards each year often have a little pop-up feature, but nothing quite so elaborate as the photo above. Pro Tip: Buy your Christmas cards from the Museum of Modern Art in New York around September before they sell out.

This Downtown Disney card shop is now on my list of To-Do's later this fall. Thank you all for the info!
Here are some other example of Disney related ones they have, I assume this DTD store will be mostly made up of these:

Just in time for the switch to HMH -

The_Nightmare_Before_Christmas_Detail.jpg

Some Valentine's -

81uDE1xKHwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81DNVbdPGgL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Even a classic Haunted Mansion one -

LP2638_DisneyTheHauntedMansion-Detail.jpg

MarvelCharacterNerd

LovePop is at Disney Springs. So it's just another one crossing coasts. We sent them Salt & Straw, so this is what we get in return. lol

Sad though that it's just more third party options instead of cool Disney-related locations, whether that's a Marvel store to go with the Star Wars store or a Jock Lindsey Hangar - I prefer Disney locations over third party places I could find off property.

AJFireman

Went through DTD last night and looks like both stores are going to be in the old VOID location. Possibly just going back to the same footprint of two stores that were there before Fossil and Vault 28

20211028_212715.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom