Pre-Trip The Dole Whip Extravaganza

Hello everyone!! I would like to say "I'm back" but I suppose I never left. That is a sad reflection on the amount of times I have been to Disney in the last year. No complaints from my end though! Anyway, I am back (from yesterday, when I finished my report) to tell you about the trip we have coming up!

Who?
You can all breath a sigh of relief that you will no longer have to look at pictures of just my mom and I. Even she and I were getting sick of looking at ourselves ;)
From left to right the cast of our next trip is : Jills boyfriend Nick, me, my sister Jill, my Mom (Mary) and my Dad (Jeff)
wd035wdw201416686702895.jpg

Sadly my other sister Betta and her fiancé are not coming. My nephew would only be 8 months old and my sister isn't ready to bring him. Don't worry though, he will grow up a Disney fan for sure!
Here Max is in his first Disney ears
IMG_1491.jpg

When?
Jill and Nick will be there from April 29 - May 6
My mom, Dad, and I will be there from April 30 - May 12...thats right 13 days!

Where?
We will all be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter again. Oh man was I desperate to upgrade. I even tried to get the bounce back on two rooms which I couldn't do. I had dreams of staying at the Wilderness Lodge again (which probably is a good thing we are not because of all the construction). We also had dreams of staying at the Polynesian. Every Buffalo Bills game Jill and I would play the 50:50 and waited for our numbers to be called so we could use the money to upgrade. Sadly, it never happened :p Especially for the amount of days my parents and I are going we really couldn't swing staying at a deluxe so maybe next time. Truth be told I really love POFQ anyway, especially the boat ride to Disney Springs! Plus I did get a bounce back for my room so thats something haha

Why?
We actually had planned this trip while at the Princess Half Marathon. I never expected to go to Disneyland and Disney World in-between that trip and this one. No specific reason for this trip other than we talked about doing another family trip and so we planned it (and booked it before our November trip). Actually our trip will coincide with the Flower and Garden Festival which we have never done before so thats nice! It will be nice to get away from this annoying weather!
So much snow in the forecast :hungover:
IMG_1553.PNG

What's with the title?
Some of you with good memories (from way back in my first trip report) may remember that I actually do not like Dole Whips. However, I saw this gem on Facebook yesterday...
IMG_1551.PNG

I promptly sent this to Jill (who has never actually had a Dole Whip before) and she was excited about this so hence a title was born :)
Maybe the rum will make me like it better (do note, I do know you can get a Dole Whip with rum all year long but I have never actually had one haha)

Some prep work:
For me, planning a Disney vacation is half the fun! I spend endless amounts of time on the Disney website reading menus, figuring out what times the parks open, trying to arrange days and trying to pick out Fast Passes that everyone wants. This year I am pleased to say my mom and Jill have really caught the planning bug. My Dad was the one who planned all our trips before I took over the year Magic + started. So, I really should not leave him out as one of the planners, he just takes a back seat role now :) Jill made these super cool Mousekeeping envelopes:
IMG_1461.jpg

I really could not be outdone so I had to make my own (with my mom's help)...I even bought a Mickey Mouse shaped punch (thats a table-pad for our dining room table in the background in case you were trying to figure out why it looks so ratty...usually tablecloths go over haha)
IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

This was my Dads contribution to the project :happy: We all got a little carried away with the punch. Actually he did sit down and help us glue things too which was nice!
IMG_1507.jpg

Jill is even arranging some "themed" days for us. I used to say I didn't like when families wore matching things or similar themes but seeing as how my mom and I matched on several occurrences it actually started growing on us. Our two themed days are: Buffalo Bills gear and favorite ride shirts :) Jill and I also have matching Disney themed Big Sister Little Sister shirts to wear

Next up: Dining Plans

LisaBelle

Yay! A new Doc Disney Trip! It will help keep those dreaded Disney Blues at bay!
My sister and I enjoyed Dole Whips with coconut rum at AK last week! Sooooo good! One of my favorite Disney treats!
Max looks so cute in his Mickey ears!
Love the envelopes you and Jill made. Thought about it too late and didn't have time to do it this trip. Maybe next time.
Love the theme days! That will be so much fun!
I'll definitely be following!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I just finished your last trip report and I am so excited for your next one!
All of those envelopes are adorable :)

Thank you! At first I wasn't sure they were worth the effort but in the end they turned out really cute haha. Thank you for following along!

Yay! A new Doc Disney Trip! It will help keep those dreaded Disney Blues at bay!
My sister and I enjoyed Dole Whips with coconut rum at AK last week! Sooooo good! One of my favorite Disney treats!
Max looks so cute in his Mickey ears!
Love the envelopes you and Jill made. Thought about it too late and didn't have time to do it this trip. Maybe next time.
Love the theme days! That will be so much fun!
I'll definitely be following!

I can't believe you are home already :cry: I can't wait to read about your trip though! I hope you loved Run Disney!! I'm hoping the addition of the rum will make me like Dole Whips better haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ok so I can make Fast Passes in less than a week! Thats crazy! For now I will share with you my dining reservations/general itinerary

April 29: Jill and Nick arrive in Disney around 9:30 am, not sure what their plans are for the day but they have dinner reservations at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs. I am so jealous they get to be there a day before us! I have clinic on Friday afternoons, though, so it wasn't possible for me :)

April 30: My Dad, Mom and I leave Buffalo at 6:50 am and arrive at 9:30 am :) We plan on going to the MK for a few hours then relaxing at the hotel a bit. We have dinner reservations for all 5 of us at 8:50 pm at California Grill. I made it for 8:50 because Wishes is at 10 but I am a little bit worried about us staying awake. My Dad already said we will have to wake him up haha. Thats why I figured we would only spend a few hours at the MK and then relax and have some down time :)

May 1: Our plan for the day is to head to Epcot. This is our "Drink Around the World" day, or at least an attempt of one haha. We have already tried to game plan sharing drinks between all of us so that we can do this but not drink too much :) We decided we would use the app when we were hungry for dinner to see whats available in a last minute dinner decision. My OCD self could not leave it all up to fate though and did make reservations for Via Nappoli at 6:50 just in case we couldn't find a different reservation haha

May 2: This is our Animal Kingdom day! Nick really liked AK last time but it was super rainy so hopefully its better this time. We have breakfast reservations for Tusker House at 9:30 am. We have never been there before and wanted to try a new place this year for breakfast so this is where we landed. My mom agreed to it after seeing they have Mickey waffles haha

May 3: Back to Epcot this day :) Exploring some of the Flower and Garden festival! My Mom, Dad and I will be going to the Garden Grill for dinner at 7:00 pm. I am really excited for my Dad to enjoy this with us since my mom and I really liked it! Jill and Nick have reservations for Monsieur Paul at 6:00 pm. They ate there before and really enjoyed it.

May 4: I'm not going to pretend I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I do enjoy the movies so I thought it would be fun to head to Hollywood Studios this day "May the 4th be with you." We also have reservations for Hoop Dee Doo at 4:00 pm. We enjoyed the 4 pm show last time because then we could go back to the MK after. This will be a new experience for my Dad and Nick....not sure how they will react haha

May 5: I believe the plan is for AK in the morning and probably Disney Springs in the afternoon with a waterpark potentially in there. We are planning on going to Splitsville for dinner, maybe even some bowling. I was going to make a reservation but honestly the last 2 times I was there they didn't even bother looking my reservation up haha. Also, for bowling I inquired about making a reservation but they said for a party of 5 we should be able to just walk up for that. This worked for me, I didn't want to tie us to bowling in case we decided not to do it.

May 6: This is Jill and Nicks last day :( Their flight leaves late in the evening. The plan is for MK this day. We have lunch reservations for Be Our Guest at 12:00 pm. This will be new for all of us. My Mom and I are the only two who have eaten here and we have only ever had dinner. I am excited to try lunch!

May 7: This one one of our off days. We will probably do a water park and maybe do some hotel hopping. I really want to check out Animal Kingdom Lodge at some point too. We have dinner reservations at Chef Mickeys at 7:00 pm. This is new for all of us so we are excited to try it! Chef Mickeys has been on my bucket list for a long time!

May 8: This was originally supposed to be one of our off days but I changed it when I realized it was Mother's Day! I let my mom decide what she wanted to do for dinner and she picked San Angel Inn for 6:30. She loves this place, I can take it or leave it. It usually is a point of contention between us (literally the only thing though besides Living With the Land haha) but it is her day! Plus I looked at the menu again and there are some new things I may want to try :)

May 9: Hollywood Studios Day! We originally planned on having dining reservations at 50s Prime Time (we have a huge mental block with this place apparently) but I canceled them and we may try and sit in the Tune in Lounge and eat or I have Sci Fi reservations at 4 for when we inevitably don't go haha. I wanted to do something special for my parents this day since they put up with me and these trips so we are going to the Wishes Dessert Party! I know its insanely expensive now but I still think its worth it! This will be new for my Dad. My mom and sisters and I did it during the PHM trip :)

May 10: This is another day off. The possibilities are endless. We definitely want to try Mini Golf this year though :) I also at some point want to take my Dad to Art of Animation since he really wanted to see it!

May 11: This is our last full day! MK for the day and dinner reservations at 6:30 pm for BOG :) New for my Dad

May 12: Last Day....why am I already sad? Our flight leaves at 2:55 pm. We debated for quite a bit of time about this flight vs a later flight but after last trip when we got home so late because of the weather I am glad we chose the earlier one. Plus we will probably want to kill each other by this point :p We have breakfast reservations at Ohana for 9:20. I think this should be enough time for us to pack in the morning and be able to make it back to the hotel for DME (aka Tragical Express...). I picked this place because its the first character breakfast I can recall going to as a kid so it holds a special place in my heart :) My mom always gets sad that I don't remember going to the Empress Lily (now Fulton's Crab House) for my first character breakfast but to be fair I was 3.5 years old haha

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
This may seem like a far-fetched request, but.... can you adopt me into your family?! LOVE all the Disney trips! And all the Disney family love. Sooo excited for you!!! :) :) Thinking of all my dining plans now and have NO CLUE what to pick! AHHH!!

We would love to adopt you into our family! haha we accept anyone who loves Disney :D I was excited when I saw your PTR though! I am glad you finally get to go back and theres another TR coming around eventually! Any hard and fast things you are thinking of booking? You are in the fun pre-pre planning stages when the possibilities are endless :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So, I went a little crazy last night and was looking up flights for Friday night just out of curiosity. There happened to be one for 8:55 pm arriving at 11:30 pm. I was so tempted. I even brought it up to my parents. If we flew in Friday night we could sleep in and not be so tired for California Grill! This all seemed great until we really thought about it. This would mean we would have to book a reservation for that night to which I said we could stay somewhere cool for a night. That wouldn't make sense though because we would get there so late it would be pointless. Then we would have to move everything haha. Also, we would have to pick up our own luggage from DME (which is fine...but my mom and I overpack so I'd rather not haha). So needless to say we will keep our morning flight haha

LisaBelle

Thank you! At first I wasn't sure they were worth the effort but in the end they turned out really cute haha. Thank you for following along!

I can't believe you are home already :cry: I can't wait to read about your trip though! I hope you loved Run Disney!! I'm hoping the addition of the rum will make me like Dole Whips better haha

Sadly I am home already! :cry: Loved every minute of our trip! Waiting on my sister's photos so I can start my TR.
Your plans for your next adventure sound great! With no plans for a Disney trip on tap for me I will be living vicariously through everyone else's TRs for quite awhile. Unless of course a kind Disney loving family would like to adopt me or I win the lottery! ;) Ha ha!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
You're going back again so soon - it's sooo not fair :( but happy for you and guess your trip report will help my time go till Nov!
I've never had a dole whip either - um so I will follow this report with interest.

I feel so lucky to be going back!!!

You've never had a Dole Whip!? How has that not made it into one of your daily ice cream challenges!? :eek::jawdrop:

haha right? I was thinking that too

Exactly! The queen of ice cream has never tried a dole whip?!? Do you even take the ice cream challenger?!?

Do you like Dole Whips?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom