The Disney Star Wars Trilogy

erasure fan1

You can still totally do awesome stories in between 6-7.. that's 30 years.. Mandalorian is doing this now.
While I agree, I just think the old republic is the way to go for the next set of movies the more I think about it. It will give you the seperation from the Skywalker saga I think is needed. You can then do whatever you want. You won't be tied to any set of character expectations. You won't have to worry about stepping on current canon. It just gives you freedom with really no limits. And once you've spent a few movies in that time, you can then jump back to Rey, Finn and Poe if you like.

Joesixtoe

While I agree, I just think the old republic is the way to go for the next set of movies the more I think about it. It will give you the seperation from the Skywalker saga I think is needed. You can then do whatever you want. You won't be tied to any set of character expectations. You won't have to worry about stepping on current canon. It just gives you freedom with really no limits. And once you've spent a few movies in that time, you can then jump back to Rey, Finn and Poe if you like.
The old republic would be a fan favorite and probably the way to go. I personally just want to see some of my favorites from the originals on the tv shows or animated.. movie wise definitely old republic, or even tv show cause those can be epic as well.

erasure fan1

The old republic would be a fan favorite and probably the way to go. I personally just want to see some of my favorites from the originals on the tv shows or animated.. movie wise definitely old republic, or even tv show cause those can be epic as well.
I think the OT stories will definitely be handled on Disney+. I just don't see them going down that road on the big screen for a long time. Maybe if Feige has some crazy idea that retcons the missed opportunities of the sequels.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Can anybody explain Finn's arc to me? Here's where I'm at: He used to be a Stormtrooper....who now may or may not be force sensitive. The end. What am I missing?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anybody (maybe it's just me...probably is) realize how cool it would have been to develop the The Knights of Ren into some balanced group? You'd have Jedi's as a polar opposite to Sith's. And Ren's kind of in the middle.

You could have story lines where Jedi's fought Sith's, Sith's fought Ren's, Ren's fought Jedi's. Each faction could have been developed. A Sith falls for a Jedi Princess. A Ren seduces a Sith Lord. Man, that would be endless. Ren's could be the Anti-Hero. Build that up for a decade and a half - and then give me an Endgame.

Disclaimer: That was my 14 year old self speaking. I take no responsibility.......whatsoever.

erasure fan1

Can anybody explain Finn's arc to me? Here's where I'm at: He used to be a Stormtrooper....who now may or may not be force sensitive. The end. What am I missing?
FN2187 actually had some potential in 7. The problem was in 8, the character regressed. He became kind of a joke and at the end when he could have had a real hero moment, BAM! Nope. So 9 had to try and bring it back but that can't happen with only 2.55hrs to work with. So in my eyes his arc was just very disjointed.

Joesixtoe

Does anybody (maybe it's just me...probably is) realize how cool it would have been to develop the The Knights of Ren into some balanced group? You'd have Jedi's as a polar opposite to Sith's. And Ren's kind of in the middle.

You could have story lines where Jedi's fought Sith's, Sith's fought Ren's, Ren's fought Jedi's. Each faction could have been developed. A Sith falls for a Jedi Princess. A Ren seduces a Sith Lord. Man, that would be endless. Ren's could be the Anti-Hero. Build that up for a decade and a half - and then give me an Endgame.

Disclaimer: That was my 14 year old self speaking. I take no responsibility.......whatsoever.
Before the movies, I thought it would be cool to have a cult that worshipped the sith and that it would be cool if they found someone who is strong in the force to lead them. Basically Knights of Ren, and just drop the whole first order thing.. now its an underground war instead of the obvious bad guy.

Cosmic Commando

FN2187 actually had some potential in 7. The problem was in 8, the character regressed. He became kind of a joke and at the end when he could have had a real hero moment, BAM! Nope. So 9 had to try and bring it back but that can't happen with only 2.55hrs to work with. So in my eyes his arc was just very disjointed.
Kevin Smith and/or Marc Bernardin had a cool idea on their podcast that Jannah and her fellow stormtroopers could have defected BECAUSE they heard what Finn did. It would have been a cool character moment for Finn, and it would have fit into the Poe/Lando idea that you’re not necessarily “ready” to be a hero. I got the impression that Jannah & Co. were on that moon for a long time, though, and the whole trilogy felt like it took place over like three weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom