News The 'Disney Look' to be further relaxed at Walt Disney World

Goofyernmost

He is an artist discussing his craft in the present. At no point is Joe Rhode supposed to be working on Turn of the Century Main Street or at a 1939 Hollywood Hotel. He's speaking on stage at a conference or panel. It's two different things.
Sure, if you forget who he works for all is fine. He is an artist that gets paid, handsomely, by TWDC. If a CM that is seen by a number of people everyday is not allowed to wear any bracelet because of the need to maintain the Disney image, then that junk yard of trinkets extending his ear by a half a foot is a huge image maker. He is in TV documentaries reaching hundreds of thousands of people and his lectures reaching who knows how many and trust me, everyone knows who he works for. I'm sure, for many people, that is not an impressive look and hurts the image of Disney a lot more then a beard and a bracelet ever will.

Let me make this clear, I get a kick out of his personal statement in the form of earrings, but if they are worried about what a CM looks like because of image, then how can those people that it bothers not be bothered by that. My purpose is to point out the hypocrisy of management.

Goofyernmost

Could also be something similar to the Disney Store Uniform....
Image result for disney store uniforms
What would the world do without khaki?

Sir_Cliff

I mean. This is literally what they’ve always done.
Except you're ignoring the fact that Disney is still expecting them to adhere to a strict standard of personal appearance from the 1950s and operating in a market with plenty of opportunities for low skilled labor at the same or better pay.

I get the impression many Disney park fans think of CMs as akin to slaves who should be grateful to be serving them whatever the wages and conditions.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Except you're ignoring the fact that Disney is still expecting them to adhere to a strict standard of personal appearance from the 1950s and operating in a market with plenty of opportunities for low skilled labor at the same or better pay.

I get the impression many Disney park fans think of CMs as akin to slaves who should be grateful to be serving them whatever the wages and conditions.
I see this conversation is going to be full of straw men. FWIW you can check my posting history for my feelings on CMs and how much they get paid/deserve.

anyhoo, I’ll leave you to it. I’ve said my peace. And the simple fact is, my opinion means jack. I’m not the core customer anymore.(despite being DVC) so if they want to go to a more relaxed look. Or a more generic look. Or one look. Then it is what it is.

alex0c

I am truly shocked by the opinions in this thread! Everyone is entitled to their own of course-- just not what I expected.

I could care less if someone's beard is 1/2 inch or 1 inch as long as I'm getting good service. I'm confident they won't allow CMs to wear a bracelet promoting some kind of political message like someone else suggested, I'm sure it will be appropriately managed.

These people are working hard for $13 an hour- I say let them present themselves like any other employee of a modern company can. Even Goldman Sachs, the most white-shoe of the Wall Street firms, relaxed their dress code this year to exclude suits and ties, etc.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I am truly shocked by the opinions in this thread! Everyone is entitled to their own of course-- just not what I expected.

I could care less if someone's beard is 1/2 inch or 1 inch as long as I'm getting good service. I'm confident they won't allow CMs to wear a bracelet promoting some kind of political message like someone else suggested, I'm sure it will be appropriately managed.

These people are working hard for $13 an hour- I say let them present themselves like any other employee of a modern company can. Even Goldman Sachs, the most white-shoe of the Wall Street firms, relaxed their dress code this year to exclude suits and ties, etc.
Apple Watch on a Liberty Square CM? Cool or nah?

alex0c

Apple Watch on a Liberty Square CM? Cool or nah?

Again, I'm sure that it will be appropriately managed. The change only referenced "bracelet", not sure an Apple Watch fits that description. I'm sure the fact that it has a screen (receiving text messages, etc) would automatically disqualify it.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Again, I'm sure that it will be appropriately managed. The change only referenced "bracelet", not sure an Apple Watch fits that description. I'm sure the fact that it has a screen (receiving text messages, etc) would automatically disqualify it.
So? Not cool then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom