The Disney Gift Card?

real mad hatter

Hi All,Iam planning to put my sons pocket money,his dollars,loaded onto a Disney gift card but need to know does this work like a visa,in other words,you load say $200.00 onto his card and he can spend it when he likes,until the card has no money left.Questions are where can I load the dollars on the card?can I top the card up?also is there an expiry date or can he bring it back on our next visit.Can he use it for a snack or drink?Can we check how much credit is left at any point?Thanks for all answers,just thought this may be a good idea instead of him packing his wallet with dollar bills.:wave:

Annielkd

When I was there in April, they said you could re-load the card at any time even with a zero balance. They said I could keep that card and re-load it in the future.

Upvote 0

MAJ1732

disney gift cards

I love the disney gift card that is the best thing disney to help people save for their disney trips. Yes the cards are reloadable at any disney store also they can be used pretty much everywhere in the parks and can be used to pay for adult drinks and all gratuties. So basically you use until its empty and you can start all over again.

Upvote 0

NEL

Just bought this week Disney gift cards at Sam's Club for $98 and some cents and they came with a $10 gift card to the Disney Store!

I was under the impression that this deal is no longer offered or available? Please verify. Was anyone else under this impression. Because if its still available I will be going to Sam's club right away !

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've always been a "cash" person, but my last few trips I've been taking my cash and buying a gift card once I get there. So much easier than dealing with a pocket full of coins at the end of the day.

So why not just use your key to the world card everywhere and charge it.. or if you don't stay onsite, just use a credit card?

WDW can take cards virtually anywhere

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Just bought this week Disney gift cards at Sam's Club for $98 and some cents and they came with a $10 gift card to the Disney Store!

We did that last year before our March Spring Break trip and used the Disney Store cards to buy beach towels and that for our trip. We also ended up buying a bunch while down there at a Sam's Club just outside of WDW and would use them to put towards our room expenses at the end of each day. Why not, right! You might as well get something free for something you are going to be doing anyways like paying off your room charges! :shrug:

I was under the impression that this deal is no longer offered or available? Please verify. Was anyone else under this impression. Because if its still available I will be going to Sam's club right away !

I haven't been to the Sam's across the border from us for a while as the wife let our membership expire here a few months ago, but I want to say that I wasn't seeing them as often when we used to go on a weekly/bi-weekly basis back before the holidays. I know I saw them all the time before we went on our last trip last year. :shrug:

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Well I bought them this past week here in Missouri. They do have a winter theme with Donald dressed as a snowman so they might be left over BUT at the same Sam's Club I did not see them there around Christmas at all, just recently. I guess its worth checking at your local Sams.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Here's Why!

So why not just use your key to the world card everywhere and charge it.. or if you don't stay onsite, just use a credit card?

WDW can take cards virtually anywhere

Some people are not too clever when it comes to credit cards,I've a friend whose wife ran up $55.000.000 on hers,that's fifty five thousand,so when your gift card runs out of money,you know where you stand.:wave:

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
Some people are not too clever when it comes to credit cards,I've a friend whose wife ran up $55.000.000 on hers,that's fifty five thousand,so when your gift card runs out of money,you know where you stand.:wave:

I'd rather not be bound by what I 'thought' I would spend and rather be able to rely on my judgement. If I can't trust myself.. I probably shouldn't have been vacationing at Disney to start with :)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Spot On.

I'd rather not be bound by what I 'thought' I would spend and rather be able to rely on my judgement. If I can't trust myself.. I probably shouldn't have been vacationing at Disney to start with :)

Yes, I agree. When it comes to spending and such like,I've no problems,just like yourself,unfortunately,not every one has this magical trust.:wave:

Upvote 0

Danielle B

I relize this is a old thread but I am wanting to make sure I understand right. (we are taking our first trip ever to Disney World in April) My mother in law wants to buy our kids Disney gift cards to take with us, if she buys a card at say Kroger or Walgreens can she add more money to that specific card later on? We are several hours away from a Disney store so kinda figure it all out.

Upvote 0

SteveW

I relize this is a old thread but I am wanting to make sure I understand right. (we are taking our first trip ever to Disney World in April) My mother in law wants to buy our kids Disney gift cards to take with us, if she buys a card at say Kroger or Walgreens can she add more money to that specific card later on? We are several hours away from a Disney store so kinda figure it all out.
As I understand it, yes she can at any Disney store, but not online. Not to sure if you can do a reload via a Kroger or Walgreens store.

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

Hi there,
I use disney gift cards all the time. So you can put as much as you like on it. And he can use it until there is no money left on it. You can use it for snacks and such (unless they are cash only carts). I believe the only thing you can not use it for is gratuity at a restaurant. You can check how much is left by calling the number on the back and getting a balance check. I don't think you can reload though. I believe that once it is done, it is done. I got a card for $500 so you can put a lot on there. I don't think it expires...I honestly don't know b/c it never lasts that long! Ha! :lol:
It can be used for gratuity at Disney restaurants. We did this on our last 2 trips; no problems. If you buy the card through Disney Store or disneystore.com, you can reload to it. Locally, our Kroger has one that will let you load up to $1500...not reloadable at Kroger though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom