the Cheesecake Factory

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No. The closest one that I am aware of is in the Mall at Millenia which is about 15-20 miles east of WDW on I-4.

tizzo

No. The closest one that I am aware of is in the Mall at Millenia which is about 15-20 miles east of WDW on I-4.

I can confirm that. Been there once. It's more like 10-11 miles, depending on where you are on property, but it's I-4, so it FEELS like 20.

There's also one in Winter Park, but that's even farther away.

There is some good casual dining much closer to WDW. There's a plaza called the Crossroads at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd. that has a few places. Nothing as fancy as CF, but decent to good food, much closer to property, and much less expensive. My personal favorite is Sweet Tomatoes. It's a buffet place serving salads and soups. Under $10 per adult for dinner and if you sign up at their web site they'll email you B1G1F coupons on a regular basis.

There's also a Fuddruckers, an Indian restaurant, Perkins, and I think a few others.

akmr01

Original Poster
I can confirm that. Been there once. It's more like 10-11 miles, depending on where you are on property, but it's I-4, so it FEELS like 20.

There's also one in Winter Park, but that's even farther away.

There is some good casual dining much closer to WDW. There's a plaza called the Crossroads at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd. that has a few places. Nothing as fancy as CF, but decent to good food, much closer to property, and much less expensive. My personal favorite is Sweet Tomatoes. It's a buffet place serving salads and soups. Under $10 per adult for dinner and if you sign up at their web site they'll email you B1G1F coupons on a regular basis.

There's also a Fuddruckers, an Indian restaurant, Perkins, and I think a few others.

Great - thanks for the tips!

tizzo

There are those who can't understand why, given the opportunity to dine at one of Disney's very many varied and unique dining establishments, you would choose to instead dine at someplace you could have visited at home.

I'm not in that camp, but I can certainly understand where they're coming from.

akmr01

Original Poster
Oh right I see!

Well i'm from the UK and we don't have the cheesecake factory here! it has been recommended and thought that if there was one near by we might give it a go seen as we are there for two weeks!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
There are those who can't understand why, given the opportunity to dine at one of Disney's very many varied and unique dining establishments, you would choose to instead dine at someplace you could have visited at home.

I'm not in that camp, but I can certainly understand where they're coming from.

Exactly...god forbid you like what you like...:shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh right I see!

Well i'm from the UK and we don't have the cheesecake factory here! it has been recommended and thought that if there was one near by we might give it a go seen as we are there for two weeks!
It is not too bad of a drive as long as you do it before or after rush hour (around 4-6 pm) or on a weekend. The mall that it is located in is quite beautiful and is great for browsing. Buying on the other hand is something I would advise against. Many of the stores there are quite high end with some seriously insane prices.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I love CCF but I would never eat there while in Disney. I can understand why someone would and why someone wouldn't. I just can't get that emotionally involved to try and change someones mind about what he/she likes...

akmr01

Original Poster
It is not too bad of a drive as long as you do it before or after rush hour (around 4-6 pm) or on a weekend. The mall that it is located in is quite beautiful and is great for browsing. Buying on the other hand is something I would advise against. Many of the stores there are quite high end with some seriously insane prices.

thanks for the advice!
Defo think i'll be browsing then!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom