The Cake Bake Shop Bakery, What the Heck?

LindseyDisney

Original Poster
I loved the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. I'm still upset that it hasn't returned. And probably never will. I am looking forward to the opening of The Cake Bake Shop Bakery at the Boardwalk for their Afternoon Tea, bakery, and vibes. But it's taking forever to open. Is this normal for Disney restaurants? I think the Space restaurant in Epcot opened faster. They keep pushing delays.

lazyboy97o

It’s not a Disney restaurant. The build out of the space is also not a Disney project. They also won’t be making the cakes at the Boardwalk and had to first build a new commercial bakery off site. It’s small business trying to expand into a completely new area and it has clearly been more than they anticipated.

LindseyDisney

Original Poster
It’s not a Disney restaurant. The build out of the space is also not a Disney project. They also won’t be making the cakes at the Boardwalk and had to first build a new commercial bakery off site. It’s small business trying to expand into a completely new area and it has clearly been more than they anticipated.
That makes sense :) Thank you!

Club Cooloholic

Yeah that's always worked out great before for the Boardwalk....Ice cream, anyone?

KDM31091

Hasn't the Trattoria space also been several different restaurants over the years? I think the only constant has been Flying Fish. Everything else has changed pretty often.

I don't wish failure on Cake Bake, but it just feels very Grand Floridian, and not like something you would ever see at a Boardwalk. It's much too stuffy of a vibe.

Club Cooloholic

Hasn't the Trattoria space also been several different restaurants over the years? I think the only constant has been Flying Fish. Everything else has changed pretty often.

I don't wish failure on Cake Bake, but it just feels very Grand Floridian, and not like something you would ever see at a Boardwalk. It's much too stuffy of a vibe.
To me a seafood/sports bar, like a crab shack and chicken place would be a perfect fit and do well.

MR.Dis

Just came back from a stay at Boardwalk, 2 grand kids ages 13 and 7 were very disappointed that the Cake Bake was not open. We plan on going back in 2 years and hopefully it will be up and running.

LindseyDisney

Original Poster

No, I totally understand what you mean and read many comments like this regarding the Cake Bake. You're not alone thinking this.

Phonedave

Yeah that's always worked out great before for the Boardwalk....Ice cream, anyone?
To be fair, the Disney deal did not kill that company. They made a bunch of business mistake prior to that. The ice cream was unique, but that just means different, not necessarily better. But what killed it was poor business investment. They spent a boatload on capital and made product decisions that put their product and production costs way up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom