The Cajun Bears

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Just saw the new Haunted Mansion movie... And honestly, I really liked it!! Not sure what the critics deal is but I thought it was very well done... And it finally felt like a movie that was actually dedicated to its theme park fan base.

With that being said ... Now that Disney has a film on Haunted Mansion officially being set in New Orleans, which makes sense for Disneyland...

How much longer until we see the removal of Frontierland/Liberty Square, and it's replacement being New Orleans Square, connecting Haunted Mansion over to Tiana's Bayou Adventure? (Or maybe pushing Frontierland back further, to the proposed expansion)

My biggest question is, would we get a new Cajun Bear Jamboree?? Personally, I think that would work so well. Lol.

Cmdr_Crimson

How much longer until we see the removal of Frontierland/Liberty Square, and it's replacement being New Orleans Square, connecting Haunted Mansion over to Tiana's Bayou Adventure? (Or maybe pushing Frontierland back further, to the proposed expansion)

My biggest question is, would we get a new Cajun Bear Jamboree?? Personally, I think that would work so well. Lol.
Well, you got the prezzie palace show smack dab in the middle of LS so, there's your first problem..

Secondly, in what kind of world would they honestly think of making a new show for the bears when they don't even have the Gaul to ever show Summer and Hoilday Hoedowns ever again?

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
in what kind of world would they honestly think of making a new show for the bears when they don't even have the Gaul to ever show Summer and Hoilday Hoedowns ever again?
It'd be more in their favor to replace CBJ with a new permanent show rather than a couple of seasonal shows... Especially if it's to get rid of "offensive content" and sell new CBJ merch.

Personally, I'd love to see the bear utilized in a new way... But NOT scrapped.

Cmdr_Crimson

It'd be more in their favor to replace CBJ with a new permanent show rather than a couple of seasonal shows... Especially if it's to get rid of "offensive content" and sell new CBJ merch.

Personally, I'd love to see the bear utilized in a new way... But NOT scrapped.
Shame they never tied in some of the songs from the film..

Eric Graham

I worked with someone who voiced the baby bear in the Country Bears (Cajun bears?). She worked in sales for a company that I worked at. Looking forward to seeing the Haunted Mansion movie. I missed it in the theaters. Maybe they'll put it out on pay per view for Halloween.

celluloid

Just saw the new Haunted Mansion movie... And honestly, I really liked it!! Not sure what the critics deal is but I thought it was very well done... And it finally felt like a movie that was actually dedicated to its theme park fan base.

With that being said ... Now that Disney has a film on Haunted Mansion officially being set in New Orleans, which makes sense for Disneyland...

I think you would actually have to have that film make at quite a splash(pun intended on the subject) for that to even be a care and for them to jump on that.

You also have the fact that this film could not even match the last flop from 20 years ago.

I am glad that you found joy in it.

Ricky Spanish

Only if there is a Justin Wilson animatronic.
1661940C-F205-4AA5-842B-D3A7D33349EC.jpeg

gitchard

As a movie fan, I thought it was a mediocre movie.

Since HM is one of my favorite rides, I really liked it especially all of the HM references. Regular audiences may not get them and not appreciate the movies as much because of it.

Product placement in the movie was cringe worthy to the point of being funny.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
As a movie fan, I thought it was a mediocre movie.
Agreed.
Since HM is one of my favorite rides, I really liked it especially all of the HM references.
Agreed.
Regular audiences may not get them and not appreciate the movies as much because of it.
Agreed... But I think the number of "quirky" people who collect spooky stuff and whatnot are in much abundance, so hopefully that helps its case.
Product placement in the movie was cringe worthy to the point of being funny.
I agree, and thought of this as a plus! LOL

I enjoyed Haunted Mansion much more than Pirates, if you will.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I think you would actually have to have that film make at quite a splash(pun intended on the subject) for that to even be a care and for them to jump on that.

You also have the fact that this film could not even match the last flop from 20 years ago.

I am glad that you found joy in it.

Its got quite a way to go to even match the box office of the 2003 Eddie Murphy flop. The 2003 flop had a box office in non-adjusted dollars of 182 million (adjusted rate is added 67% for inflation or 308 million) Currently as of September 4th, the 2023 flop has a worldwide gross of 100 million.

Unlike on the left coast, if you want to see New Orleans or Antebellum architecture its not much of a trip. I can drive 20 minutes and see plenty in Middle Georgia.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Its got quite a way to go to even match the box office of the 2003 Eddie Murphy flop. The 2003 flop had a box office in non-adjusted dollars of 182 million (adjusted rate is added 67% for inflation or 308 million) Currently as of September 4th, the 2023 flop has a worldwide gross of 100 million.

Unlike on the left coast, if you want to see New Orleans or Antebellum architecture its not much of a trip. I can drive 20 minutes and see plenty in Middle Georgia.
The b-rate movies aren't going to survive by box office numbers anymore... Thatll be up to the streaming services.

Only blockbusters have a chance these days.

ppete1975

Why would you assume that?
Because they will always lean into the america part, regardless of what is there they will never rename it. Frontier land might change just due to the genre is kind of dead, if based on davy crockett and westerns that it was originally built upon. But I highly doubt any area will be renamed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom