Pre-Trip The "Bye Bye Sister" Pre-Trip Report

Hello all!! Welcome! Welcome to my first trip report (well pre-trip report). I hope you are all having a fantastic day and thank you for stumbling upon my words. LET’S GET STARTED.

Who’s gonna be in this trip report?

GLAD YOU ASKED!!

75803_1542656243137_6165557_n.jpg

Dad- Disney fanatic, it’s because of him that I love Disney so much. He is our trip planner as well and is constantly on one of Disney forums; he keeps me up to date on my Disney knowledge.

Mom- Terrified of rides, it’s fun to try and get her on something. Last trip we drug her (not really, we’re not that cruel) onto the Tower of Terror, she was screaming the entire time; luckily everyone on the ride had a good sense of humor.

302940_2234095248680_779783846_n.jpg

Sister Brianna (left)- This little missy is 19 years old and is going to be participating in the grand ‘ol Disney College Program (which is why we’re going when we’re going but more on that later).

Me Aubrey (right)- I am 20 and just finishing my second year at Rowan University. I am writing this pre-trip report so early because it is a very nice distraction from studying for finals and I just can’t stinkin wait to go back down.

More about our trip. We will be leaving August 29th and staying until September 6th. Recently we’ve been going the last week in August but this year we pushed it back because Brianna is checking into the DCP on September 2nd, so it’s like a vacation/bye bye sister trip thing (hence the title). I’ll also be missing the first week of classes for the fall semester but I’m not complaining. We don’t have anything booked as of yet because my father is waiting to hear if they are going to offer free dining the week we will be down.

Also, we will be driving, partly because all of my sister’s stuff wouldn’t fit if we flew but also because it’s cheeper. We’ve driven twice before but the first time I was six and the last time I had just gotten my license so I wasn’t asked to drive, but this time I will be driving. Eighteen glorious hours strait through, I better start stocking up on redbull now. As much as I will miss the Philly and Orlando airports and flying, I am quite looking forward to driving.

That’s about it, that’s all I know right now so if anything else comes up I’ll most definitely update this. Thank you for reading!!

mickeysshoes

Congrats on your trip and to your sister on the CP. My DD did it back in 2012 and now lives down there (moved down May 2013) and just this week started her FULL time job at DINOLAND. Cant wait to hear the plans. Where would your sister like to work?? Not that she has much to say about it. Now get back to your finals!!! ;)

FlaggNL

Great pre-trip ;) you will be there earlier than we do ;) congrats to your sis with CP of Disney! Although me as a European guy not really knows what this is about ;) enjoy the pre-feelings as much as we do ;)

Aubrey

Original Poster
Congrats on your trip and to your sister on the CP. My DD did it back in 2012 and now lives down there (moved down May 2013) and just this week started her FULL time job at DINOLAND. Cant wait to hear the plans. Where would your sister like to work?? Not that she has much to say about it. Now get back to your finals!!! ;)

Thank you!! Brianna got accepted as a custodial cast member, I'm not quite sure where she would like to be but hey she's working for Disney so I think she'll be happy wherever she's placed (or she better be ;)). Congratulations to your daughter I hope she has an awesome time!!

Aubrey

Original Poster
Update!! We have officially booked everything the vacation is now real, we also got the free dining which is extremely exiting!!

Friday we will be driving down and staying at a hotel off property and we'll probably hit the beach Saturday

Sunday August 31st: check in at the Caribbean Beach Resort

Monday September 1st: first dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon (a family favorite)

Tuesday September 2nd: dinner reservations at 'Ohana, we've only eaten here once before and have been wanting to go back. Brianna will also be checking into the Disney College Program in the morning which is exciting.

Wednesday September 3rd: breakfast at Chef Mickey's (another family favorite)

Thursday September 4th: breakfast at Akershus in Norway

Friday September 5th: dinner reservations at Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review. This dinner show is THE must do for us, we absolutely love this show

That's everything as of now!! Things might change and some family friends may join us but there are no set plans as of yet, but of course if anything changes I will be sure to post!!

mrdrift

Sounds like a magical time awaiting you and the family. Great selection of restaurants. Will be watching for your report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom