The Budget Cuts Joke Thread

Wendy Pleakley

Plus, I once saw this April Fools' Day article on Yesterland, and I'm pretty sure it's just one big "Due to budget cuts" joke. Read for yourselves: http://www.yesterland.com/disneyparks.html

I love this article. I think it was poking fun at Disney's generic branding (back when they started to market and merchandise WDW & DL together under the 'Disney Parks' umbrella) as opposed to budget cuts, but it could certainly be applicable to both.

Wendy Pleakley

Due to budget cuts, all park tickets now include a mandatory fee that allows park hopping to Shanghai Disneyland.

"We continue to review our prices and offerings, and this new ticket structure includes admission to a fifth theme park, offering great value to our already competitively priced theme park admission" -Disney spokesperson.

Wendy Pleakley

Due to budget cuts, guests wishing to visit Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon water park will need to take a Magical Express bus to the airport, and transfer to a water park bus. Please note that the bus will stop at Disney Springs, Epcot, and Wilderness Lodge en route to the water parks.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Due to budget cuts, Hollywood Studios will be totally re-themed to "Wallywood Studios." Experience many different construction walls wherever you look. Enter the backlot tour of retired construction walls for all you nostalgic Disney fans!...And to keep the visitors coming, we will keep the Frozen singalong open! :)

Siren

Thanks for your comments.

I agree with you 100%. I got quite offended once when I heard someone refer to Splash Mountain as "a log flume". To be honest, this is the difficulty upper management themselves face, they need to be aware of what makes "Splash Mountain" different to "a log flume".

If investors or those who are financing things need to be convinced, they should go back to the old system of imagineering going with a concept and the finance guys/girls working out how to fund it. The way Walt and Roy worked although risky was the reason we even have a Walt Disney World.

If Walt had taken advice he would not have gone ahead with Disneyland, the feedback from all involved was that it would be an epic fail.
I totally agree. I wonder if it's really hard for Disney to find and keep sponsors today.

Expedition Everest was truly the last spectacular ride that Disney built, IMO. I would love to see Disney execute a ride with that level of thrill and theming again. I just don't know why it's so difficult.

Anyway, back on topic.

Due to budget cuts, we don't know when Rivers of Light will be completed. In the meantime, please enjoy the Jungle Book Show, the Night Safari, and the Tree Awakening. And, stop nagging us about Rivers of Light, when it opens it opens.

IMFearless

I totally agree. I wonder if it's really hard for Disney to find and keep sponsors today.

Expedition Everest was truly the last spectacular ride that Disney built, IMO. I would love to see Disney execute a ride with that level of thrill and theming again. I just don't know why it's so difficult.

Anyway, back on topic.

Due to budget cuts, we don't know when Rivers of Light will be completed. In the meantime, please enjoy the Jungle Book Show, the Night Safari, and the Tree Awakening. And, stop nagging us about Rivers of Light, when it opens it opens.

I think much of the problem is the imagineers are not given the starting point:
"How can we make a really cool ride to go in..."

Instead they get...
"How can we make a ride that will promote/sell.... "

For me the best rides are the ones that start totally blue sky...

POTC, Splash, ToT, Everest, HM, BTMRR, Soarin', Test Track all fall into this category.

They should go back to basics and focus on the concept, idea, story of each attraction, rather than it being a bland ride through showing a selection of film scenes recreated, like the Mermaid ride.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
image.jpeg

Thanks, Shanghai!

dylan313

Due to budget cuts, the Disney World website will no longer operate and will be taken down. Likewise, MDE app support will also be shut down. Guests are encouraged to make all hotel and dining reservations over the phone. To book Fastpass, guests must now travel to Disney World 60 days in advance to make reservations there. An FP booking center will be set up in the Odyssey restaurant at Epcot (Admission to Epcot must be purchased). This will eliminate the need for all other FP kiosks. To book extra FP during your vacation, you can simply park hop to Epcot for an additional fee. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

mf1972

Due to budget cuts, the Disney World website will no longer operate and will be taken down. Likewise, MDE app support will also be shut down. Guests are encouraged to make all hotel and dining reservations over the phone. To book Fastpass, guests must now travel to Disney World 60 days in advance to make reservations there. An FP booking center will be set up in the Odyssey restaurant at Epcot (Admission to Epcot must be purchased). This will eliminate the need for all other FP kiosks. To book extra FP during your vacation, you can simply park hop to Epcot for an additional fee. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
that's just cruel man....

Marco226

So, we were using the MDE app on our phones trying to find new things to do that we might have forgotten about, and the app kinda glitched out. We both looked at each other and laughed as we shouted out, "Thanks, Shanghai!"
mde_screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

Siren

Due to budget cuts, the closest half of all parking spaces will be sold and divided into three tiers. Premium spaces are the furthest away and cost $15 -- free bottled water is provided. Super premium are closer and cost $30 -- free bottled water, juice or soft drinks are provided. Super duper premium parking spaces are the closest and cost $45 -- bottled water, juice or soft drinks are provided, plus free Mickey bars.

I think much of the problem is the imagineers are not given the starting point:
"How can we make a really cool ride to go in..."

Instead they get...
"How can we make a ride that will promote/sell.... "

For me the best rides are the ones that start totally blue sky...

POTC, Splash, ToT, Everest, HM, BTMRR, Soarin', Test Track all fall into this category.

They should go back to basics and focus on the concept, idea, story of each attraction, rather than it being a bland ride through showing a selection of film scenes recreated, like the Mermaid ride.
I love all the Blue Sky rides, too. And, thanks for explaining what that is. I've seen the term blue sky used here but I never really knew what it was. But yeah, I totally agree.

I guess the Avatarland and Star Wars rides fall outside of the Blue Sky category *but* I still think they will be amazing. We'll see.

I do think the original concept rides are the best, though.

It's especially weird because in Tokyo Disneyland, almost EVERYTHING has a sponsor.
Wow, I didn't know that. People say that Tokyo Disneyland rides are so superior to WDW, so sponsorship must be very important. I think *every* attraction at WDW should have a sponsor, even for the Monorail and stuff like that.

mf1972

due to budget cuts, all vehicles from the tomorrow land speedway will be replaced by wagons.
we encourage guests to make car noises as your parent, spouse, or significant other pulls the wagon while on the track.
we regret any inconvenience this may cause.

mf1972

due to budget cuts, all meals will no longer be available at all WDW parks, resorts, & restaurants.
guests are allowed to bring their own food to any WDW restaurant to prepare for themselves.
fines will be issued by all cast members to any guest who does not clean up after his or herself after preparing & eating their meals.
all current menu prices, including all varieties of the Disney Dining Plan, will remain the same.
we regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom