The Bubble Theory..

real mad hatter

So here it is...How important is that WDW vacation to you.?..You know you can save big bucks and stay outside the magic circle ( Bubble ).. But would you rather spend those extra bucks to stay on site..Reason I ask is that buddy of mine is planning to go back to WDW after a seven year absence with his new wife ( divorced from last one ) and his little boy ( aged 3 ) but was amazed at the price difference between off site and on site..So how far would you go to save a buck..???..Is spending those extra bucks worth it to be staying inside the bubble..??..

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Every few years I get an amazing price on an off property resort and every time I do it I am reminded why we stay on property. They are often less expensive and sometimes even nicer that a comparably priced Disney resort, but there is just something about leaving property that takes me out of the Disney mindset. We stay on property for that reason alone.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Every few years I get an amazing price on an off property resort and every time I do it I am reminded why we stay on property. They are often less expensive and sometimes even nicer that a comparably priced Disney resort, but there is just something about leaving property that takes me out of the Disney mindset. We stay on property for that reason alone.
Hmmm..Like your thoughts sir..

Upvote 0

BrotherOfTheBeast

I honestly prefer staying onsite. There's just something about letting Disney take care of the transportation, food, and lodging that makes the trip that much easier. I know that you can save a bit of money by staying offsite, but then you have to worry about the traffic into the park, paying for parking, and keeping track of the car.

I guess it really just comes down to how much external planning you want to do.

Upvote 0

Dubman

When flying in and staying on property you don't have to worry about:
- going to baggage claim
- waiting at a line at the rental counter
- paying for parking
- having a few drinks in the park
- being at the right parking lot after park hopping
- getting gas before returning rental car
- waiting in line at airline check-in counter at airport for trip back home

Of course if you are driving to Disney, you can cross a few of the items above of the list. All comes down to paying for convenience, and if the price difference of staying off-property is really worth it in the long run. Also need to consider if you would use the EMH's....

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

We have stayed offsite more than on site. Would I give up any of those offsite stays and not gone in order to try to afford onsite later? No. Every trip has been wonderful and I would not trade the memories for no memories. We have stayed at some truly wonderful places. I just laugh when people say onsite or nothing. We drive and go frequently, but if I had only been once, and that was offsite, I would still have been and would still go offsite as opposed to not going. The bubble is fine, but to those in the know, and those like us who know how much more there is, like Uni, SeaWorld and more, in my opinion, the bubble is great, but not a necessity.

Upvote 0

jw24

Well, for me, it's on property or bust. I like the Disney bubble so to speak. I can't trust myself to drive a rental car down the Florida roads, pay for parking and possibly have to venture outside the hotel for food more often than not and most of all, there has to be more to do at the hotel than just showering, sleeping and watching the TV. With the Disney hotels, you can take it all in. You can photograph the resort, play video games in the arcade, buy some souvenirs at the gift stop. These are some of the great things the Disney hotels have that most nationwide chain hotels don't have.

Upvote 0

awoogala

So here it is...How important is that WDW vacation to you.?..You know you can save big bucks and stay outside the magic circle ( Bubble ).. But would you rather spend those extra bucks to stay on site..Reason I ask is that buddy of mine is planning to go back to WDW after a seven year absence with his new wife ( divorced from last one ) and his little boy ( aged 3 ) but was amazed at the price difference between off site and on site..So how far would you go to save a buck..???..Is spending those extra bucks worth it to be staying inside the bubble..??..

So far, yes. We usually go with a room discount, and I am not against picking a hotel that is on sale, or going through a group. I haven't paid over the $200 a night mark yet. That so far has gotten us some deluxe rooms at a great deal. As long as I can afford it, I will. I go in off season, too. I like the ease of the buses, I like not having to worry if I want a drink, etc. I like not getting lost trying to drive off property. If it was down to affording to go to Disney or not, I'd probably stay off site, but so far, we've been lucky.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We stayed for a month off-site last winter at a gated community with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, pool, private hot tub, fully applianced kitchen and laundry room, no extra charge for additional adults, etc. for what it would have cost for 3 nights at a deluxe,a week at a moderate, or 10 days at a value in a standard room with only 2 adults. There's a whole lot of Florida out there that doesn't involve DisneyParks!

Upvote 0

awoogala

We stayed for a month off-site last winter at a gated community with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, pool, private hot tub, fully applianced kitchen and laundry room, no extra charge for additional adults, etc. for what it would have cost for 3 nights at a deluxe,a week at a moderate, or 10 days at a value in a standard room with only 2 adults. There's a whole lot of Florida out there that doesn't involve DisneyParks!

I would love to! One of the things I am dying to do is a snowbird type deal like that! Problem is, the husband can barely scrape 2 weeks out of the office without his accounts falling apart, or having to work on vacation! If we do ever manage it, off site will be the way to go! But for now, when we can only grab a week or two, we are staying with onsite.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah....I have lived in that Florida for 42 years and it is seriously over rated. ;)

Upvote 0

LIMA TIME

The Mrs and I have done Disney on every budget (ranging from collage budget staying at the Red Roof Inn and sharing meals at the park to staying at the GF and every one in between) and we used to have the same debate. Now it comes down to, how much is that time it takes getting in and out of the park worth to you. Are the savings worth getting up earlier, driving to the ticket center (paying for parking) getting on the tram, then getting on the monorail, then getting in the park. Or just hoping on the monorail or bus and being there in a few minutes. To us, especially with a little one, it was a no brainer. I would rather spend the $$$ and save the time. especially at the end of the day with a sleeping child in the stroller. Not having to wake him up, and just sliding him into bed is worth the extra $$$$.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom