The bombshelter

lborne

Original Poster
Hi,

I worked at the Magic Kingdom back in 1991 (Main Street Ops) and the breakroom was called the bombshelter. It is located under the RR station. When I was there, a Disney artist worked for several weeks painting a mural on the wall. I'm looking for anyone who has a photo of it.

I've always meant to take a photo of it and never got around to it. I really did not appreciate my job there as much as I should have. Of course, now they won't let me take a photo inside for security reasons. I'm hoping a CM can take one and post it.

The mural may not be an original, since I remember the artist using an overhead to project the image on the wall so he could trace it out before painting it.

It is of two train engines facing each other and lots of characters.

Any help would be appreciated. Also - does anyone know of a web site where past Disney CMs can register. I'd like to get in touch with some of the other people I worked with.

Thanks

Geordi

I've heard rumors about an event similar to the Promentory Point event, where the two ends of the MKRR met at the end of the construction, they had two engines facing each other when they drove the last spike as a photo-op... Maybe this is what the mural is depicting?

Would be cool if that was the case. I can't remember where I heard about that, but it was supposed to be just like the East-meets-West of the old west railroads.

--Jim

lborne

Original Poster
Yes, That is it. It depicted the famous photo of the meeting of the east-west RR lines. I actually got to see it a couple of weeks ago. I asked a CM if I could get a photo - but he refused - for security reasons. He did let me get a peek inside to see it, but he would not let me get inside.

Thanks. I'll keep searching.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom