The Bloomin' EPCOT Update of Feb. 20!

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Hello everyone, and welcome back to one of the perennial WDW updates of yours truly.

Let's begin with some quick notes, and then it's off for picture goodness!

• FG&F is only a week & a half away, and already there are topiaries in both lands, the open grassy designs around the Bridge are complete, and "walls" in WS are set up for the festival.

• The LAL refurb wall from several weeks ago is still up. Does it really take that long to patch it up? :zipit:

• The section next to Test The Limits labs in Innoventions East now has banners and various signage behind walls. Seems like it may focus on nano-organisms...

• FW East monorail beams are pretty much spotless now. :D

• Previously, I mentioned some landscape changes. Now, there are clutter changes. Changes as in more open foliage in FW and WS.

• Canada is beautiful around this time of year. Just wanted to say that. :D

• Italy and Mexico construction seems stagnant from the outside of course, so nothing new there to report.

• China's merch promenade now has erected concrete sides now, though.

• Rode LwtL, and the "refurb", well, was full of "meh". The boats are an improvement, the lightning at the beginning was somewhat improved, and the Aquacultture narration addendum was obvious, but I would maybe have expected more. And why did they cut the Desert narration? No more "scorching rays of the relentless sun"?

• Nemo had some newish signs to explain the fish anatomy and structure, but Seas still needs something more...

• SSE really has nothing new to report, except the Burning Roman smell returned. :)

• Before I left, saw a party in the SSE VIP Lounge occurring complete with flashing pic bulbs.

And that's about it! Hope you enjoy my reading, and pics will come up soon. :)

WDW Vacationer

Thanks again for the update!:sohappy:

So there's more open landscaping now? That's a good step!:sohappy: I'm glad the burning Rome smell is back.

EPCOT Explorer

Hello everyone, and welcome back to one of the perennial WDW updates of yours truly.

Let's begin with some quick notes, and then it's off for picture goodness!

• FG&F is only a week & a half away, and already there are topiaries in both lands, the open grassy designs around the Bridge are complete, and "walls" in WS are set up for the festival.

• The LAL refurb wall from several weeks ago is still up. Does it really take that long to patch it up? :zipit:
*******:sohappy::lookaroun
  • The section next to Test The Limits labs in Innoventions East now has banners and various signage behind walls. Seems like it may focus on nano-organisms...
As a part of it? That's odd...Who is the sponsor?

• FW East monorail beams are pretty much spotless now. :D

• Previously, I mentioned some landscape changes. Now, there are clutter changes. Changes as in more open foliage in FW and WS.

• Canada is beautiful around this time of year. Just wanted to say that. :D

• Italy and Mexico construction seems stagnant from the outside of course, so nothing new there to report.

• China's merch promenade now has erected concrete sides now, though.

• Rode LwtL, and the "refurb", well, was full of "meh". The boats are an improvement, the lightning at the beginning was somewhat improved, and the Aquacultture narration addendum was obvious, but I would maybe have expected more. And why did they cut the Desert narration? No more "scorching rays of the relentless sun"?
I really hope that's just an audio issue...That scene would not make sense.

• Nemo had some newish signs to explain the fish anatomy and structure, but Seas still needs something more...

• SSE really has nothing new to report, except the Burning Roman smell returned. :)
  • Before I left, saw a party in the SSE VIP Lounge occurring complete with flashing pic bulbs.

And that's about it! Hope you enjoy my reading, and pics will come up soon. :)

Great report!:sohappy:

pianoman

Rode LwtL, and the "refurb", well, was full of "meh". The boats are an improvement, the lightning at the beginning was somewhat improved, and the Aquacultture narration addendum was obvious, but I would maybe have expected more. And why did they cut the Desert narration? No more "scorching rays of the relentless sun"?
We were there from February 14-19, and the narration during the desert scene ("...relentless sun") was working fine. I did find, however, that the on-boat narration was often out of balance with the sound effects/music within the ride--sometimes making it hard to hear the narration clearly.

WDW Vacationer

We were there from February 14-19, and the narration during the desert scene ("...relentless sun") was working fine. I did find, however, that the on-boat narration was often out of balance with the sound effects/music within the ride--sometimes making it hard to hear the narration clearly.
It could be possible they are tooling with the audio then.:shrug:

muteki

You can actually get a decent view of the italy construction from the restroom walkway alongside American Adventure, until the leaves come back that is.

Rome burning smell was there when we were there Feb 9, however the chariot projection was gone when we were there the 9th and 12th.

EPCOT Explorer

You can actually get a decent view of the italy construction from the restroom walkway alongside American Adventure, until the leaves come back that is.

Rome burning smell was there when we were there Feb 9, however the chariot projection was gone when we were there the 9th and 12th.

That's been gone since the refurb. :( I think it broke.

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Report Pics Part One

First off, TLK topiaries are now being displayed behind Earth Station and around Inno Plaza.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

EPCOT Explorer

Ah wow, thanks. Didn't notice it last trip, recognized the big black empty space this trip and had to bring out old videos to confirm something was missing.

Sad that it appears to be permanently gone :(
And meanwhile they added a new projection to the 180 Top of random galaxies, and lights.:shrug: Looks horribly out of place.

Rumor is, though, that's been shut off, too. :lol:

First off, TLK topiaries are now being displayed behind Earth Station and around Inno Plaza.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice stuff, but I gotta admit, it would look great in DAK. :lol:

muteki

And meanwhile they added a new projection to the 180 Top of random galaxies, and lights.:shrug: Looks horribly out of place.

Rumor is, though, that's been shut off, too. :lol:

I don't recall noticing any random galaxies and things around 180 top, however there was a ton of projector light leak on the back wall just as you enter the room. Could have also been that way for a while, just really noticed it this trip.

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
The Inno East seating area, now when I think about it, seems to apply something more than just a sitting area now.

picture.php

picture.php

I don't know why, but it reminds me a bit of that Too Small To See exhibit from Cornell U. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

I don't recall noticing any random galaxies and things around 180 top, however there was a ton of projector light leak on the back wall just as you enter the room. Could have also been that way for a while, just really noticed it this trip.

That was it.:brick::ROFLOL:

Horrible, no?

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Sorry if it's an odd question, but is the elephant topiary new? I doubt it is, but I want to say it's from Fantasia...

picture.php

Work on that P&F themed area is ongoing and the massive butterfly topiaries are already finished.

picture.php

Am happy that it is extended a bit. :D

picture.php

Guess they finally found an appropriate place for Stitch... :lookaroun

picture.php

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
The lakeside FG&F designs are indeed complete, and look as stunning as usual. :D

picture.php

Clutter-wise, I cannot recall such a time in which some FW foliage spots were as open and clean as from yesterday.

picture.php

Do I spy an elusive window protruding from the distance? :eek:

picture.php

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Near Canada, they were drilling and planting for the RainBird exhibit.

picture.php

At France, the parfume bottles are also on display.

picture.php

Italy brought forth the return of the LatT topiary set.

picture.php

EPCOT Explorer

The lakeside FG&F designs are indeed complete, and look as stunning as usual. :D

picture.php

Clutter-wise, I cannot recall such a time in which some FW foliage spots were as open and clean as from yesterday.

picture.php

Do I spy an elusive window protruding from the distance? :eek:

picture.php
That's open and clean?!:brick:

No...This is open and clean.

cmcrext.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom