The Birds Have Taken Over!

tigsmom

Clifford'smon said:
Those sea gulls are vicious, I've seen them attack a man for his ice cream back by Snow White. It was a group effort though, one swooped down and knocked his cone out of his hand and the rest of the flock had a feast.

I've seen them grab hot dogs and fries off a tray as the guy was walking away from Casey's!

Timmay

Heck, we have gulls here in Denver...

I could have had a picture like that...kept sending my son over to get rid of the gull so I could get a decent shot of just the statue. Took my son 5 or 6 tries.:lol:

tigsmom said:
I've seen them grab hot dogs and fries off a tray as the guy was walking away from Casey's!

:eek: You can take my ice cream cone, the top of my burger, and the fries, but to mess with my Casey's dog is more than I can bear. I'm afraid I'd be spouting wings and going after the little buggers.

On my last trip, I got a surprise after buying fries near Great Britain in Epcot. As I walked away from the counter with my order, a rather large seagull flew out of nowhere and body-slammed me on my head, then flapped his wings around my face to disorient me! Luckily I'm not afraid of birds so I ducked my head, tucked my fries away safely and jogged away from the incoming mob of birds.

My family and I thought it was hilarious but I could hear people saying, "Is that girl ok?????" "Look at the birds!! Oh my God!!" etc.

As a CM said... "We don't pay the birds to be vicious. They learned that skill on their own!"

justducky78

Some birds are just so gross.

Last time we were at Disney, we were having lunch outside on the Boardwalk and we couldn't even sit there for 2 minutes because the birds were EVERYWHERE. They were flying up on the table and chairs trying to steal our lunch, it was disgusting. :hurl:

Tiki_Tiki_Tiki

i thought you were going to post a picture of scuttle in MK

my friend has a picture of that and im jealous cause mine didnt turn out but thats rather amusing

when we were in epcot waiting to get onto Test track there were these tiny birds that were like small pigeons and they were rather amsuing

Senderella

#1DizGal said:
Not quite sure why this is, but Frontierland seems to be THE place for the birds to hang out. ? ?

We noticed that too! The ducks are also pretty brave too. I was sitting waiting for wishes to start. We were sitting on the steps of that sunken area near the ice cream place. Anyhow, I was holding the iron bar and talking to my husband. Keep in mind there was no food in sight and the people who were feeding the ducks had been gone for about 5 minutes. Well I feel this nibbling on my nail and the edges of my finger. Of course I jumped and found this duck standing there staring at me. DH & I figured it was because my nails looked like candy because I get them done in acrylic and when they're painting they're very glossy.

MissM

#1DizGal said:
Not quite sure why this is, but Frontierland seems to be THE place for the birds to hang out. ? ?
Yup. Poor Love even got...*coughs* pooped on by one in Frontierland last year. :hurl: We had to go buy him a new shirt to wear for the rest of the day.

@*#$*$% seagulls. Nasty, horrible creatures. That people think are "cute" so they feed them. No, they're mean, vile rats with wings and they'll just as soon bite you as your food. They're a real menace. I wish people would stop feeding them and that Disney could do more to actively remove them.
-m

1disneydood

I've had bad gull experiences twice. I swear next time I'm going to kill a gull and just deal with whatever the treehuggers think they got. :lol: They're not endangered and can take whatever result comes of the game they choose to play.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom