The Big Trip Jan 22-29 Day 6 IOA

My wife and I start off day 6 with a nice kiss and saying “happy anniversary” to each other. Today is our 16th wedding anniversary…we were married January 27 1990 and spent our honeymoon at WDW and a Disney cruise (Disney did not have their own cruise line back in those days, but I still remember our ship, the Majestic).

Okay, enough mushy stuff…off we go to IOA. The park is pretty slow and we do Hulk twice in a row with no wait. I have not been on this ride before because it was always so busy…a great ride, for sure. The loops are so big and banked I felt almost relaxed on it.
Spidey is next and the whole crew goes on this back to back (Also no wait). Dr Doom has no line so we go ride it. (I am starting to see my little brother as somewhat of a chicken…he is inhaling very deeply as we get seated for this ride…I remember now he has been doing this the whole trip…sissy) We do some pre shopping around here(we will be back in force before we leave)…a few of us are big comic book fans and collectors, so we are in heaven. No super hero types out and around yet so we continue our journey.

We decide on the Popeye Barge ride for some odd reason…it is still a little chilly and we all decide to ignore the 4000 signs of warning telling us we will get soaked. My brother freaks on the ride, I mean freaks. He starts yelling and screaming every time he gets wet. (If you have been on this ride, you can imagine) I am laughing so hard I can’t breathe. I look around and see my mom is drenched but is laughing just as hard at my brother. I don’t remember much of the ride, just this horrible sound coming from my brother and me not being able to breathe. We spent much of the day wet, but well worth it just because of little bro.

Jurassic Park is next, and my brother keeps asking over and over…”Am I going to get wet, am I going to get wet??” I lie and tell him no… We wait for about 30 minutes to ride Pteranodon Flyers (Note to self, don’t even bother next time)

Food, must have food…a nice chicken sandwich, fries and coke later, we are ready to move on…oh wait, pictures and shopping at the Discovery Center.

We have arrived at Dueling Dragons…my brothers face drops as he sees it…he is not fond of hanging coasters. But he sees my wife head into the line and he must follow, or be ridiculed forever. We get on the coater and I see by brother is just a bit big to fit in the regular seat…they offer him the bigger seat but all I see is the back of him leaving and muttering something about having to go to the bathroom…yeah, sure. We weather our way through Poseidon’s Fury…the water tunnel is cool (my brother got wet) but other than that…eh. We do some picture taking with the kids in Suess…my mother comments later that we sure didn’t spend much time there, a couple of rides and bam, gone.

We make our way back to the super heroes and there they are, everywhere. Pictures and shopping time. We must have hit them pretty good because they ran out of bags and had to give us a trash bag to carry our stuff in.

We leave for the day and find we are hungry…oh, look. Margaritaville. Yummy. We proceed to pig out on all kinds of wonderful goodies (the nachos were very nice) and just a little to drink…okay, fine. Maybe I had several drinks, I don’t really remember. I am wondering how I am going to be able to get the Beast back to Movies at this point. My son has the answer. “Dad, can we go on the Mummy…puuuulease” Darn those big Bambi like eyes.

We troop on over to USF and see the park is going to close in 20 minutes. We get inside and find the Mummy empty…they finally have to kick us off the darn thing an hour later. Now, I was worrying about all those chips and tequila in my stomach, but all was well…I had gotten to the point of needing another drink.

My wife and I are walking alone with our son, CityWalk is all lit up and my wife says “Honey, this is the best anniversary I ever remember”. Our hero almost cries…I really am a big softie.

We get back to the hotel and swim and drink, of course. I am pretty excited…tomorrow is our favorite park Animal Kingdom. Only, all is not as good as it seems…and it was pretty much my fault.

One more report to go…se ya all there.

100_0750.jpg

68a4d313.jpg

3a554e5e.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom