Trip Report "The Best Disney Trip EVER"

Hello, hello everyone!! A warm welcome to everyone reading--I'm so glad you're here!!

WHEN: Tuesday, November 5th - Tuesday, November 12th

WHERE: I think you know us well enough by now!!

WHO: I'm sure you know most of us(don't worry--I'm not going to confuse you all like I did in June;)). In case you don't though, there's me, my nephew J, & my sister E. Besides us usual 3 Musketeers, E's husband/J's dad/my BIL joined us for the fun!! To keep confusion to a minimum for this TR I will refer to him as JSR.
562449274.jpeg

You could also call us "The Red Family". When E asked J what color MB he wanted he said that he wanted red & that we should all get that color so we could be "The Red Family". I know you can't see E's but trust me, her's was red also.

Looking forward to reliving "The Best Disney Trip EVER" with you all!!

Tuesday, November 5th

The plan was to leave E & JSR's at 7:00. I went to work for 5:30 to get a few last minute things done--also so that I could say to my boss that I was only off for 7 days, not 8. He teases me that "vacations are 7 days not 8". After doing some work & him teasing me a bit I was off on my merry way!! I got to their house only to find out that JSR was still packing!!:jawdrop: E was not thrilled in the least. He must have been close to being done though b/c we were only delayed a few minutes.

Then came the next delay. It was Election Day and E & JSR wanted to due their civic duty. I sat in the car with J & we talked Disney while we waited.
IMG_3046.JPEG

And, in typical Pittsburgh fashion, it was raining.
IMG_3048.JPEG

Rush hour traffic + heavy rain = a slow commute to the airport. I don't know what it is with this town but it seems like no one can drive in the rain around here. Trust me, we get more than our fair share of it so you think people would be used to it.
IMG_3050.JPEG

As we were waiting to check our luggage in the woman behind us noticed our luggage tags & said that she was going to Disney also and was staying at Caribbean Beach. She asked if this was our first time going which prompted JSR to throw in a few digs about us & the frequency of our trips. I think he's just jealous ;)
IMG_3051.JPEG

The Southwest agent was slower than molasses but after 10 minutes or so it was our turn.
IMG_3052.JPEG

JSR made fun of me all week b/c of this. I had two suitcases. The small one weighed 20 lbs & this one was 36.5. He kept saying, "How did you manage to bring 56 lbs. of clothes?" As it turned out, due to his last minute packing there were quite a few things that he forgot so I told him at least I didn't have that problem. He also told me not to tell E about what he had forgot b/c he didn't want to hear her say "I told you so".
IMG_3053.JPEG

E went to park the car while the J's & I proceeded to security. But wait, I couldn't go just yet. For whatever reason the Southwest agent left one of the suitcases behind. After unsuccessfully trying to get his attention for about 5 minutes I finally interrupted him & asked him to please put it on the belt. I was getting nervous that it would somehow get forgotten. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face & said he didn't notice it there. Really??
IMG_3054.JPEG

On the "monorail" we go!!
IMG_3055.JPEG

susan lees

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9TH

The first stand line I came to was Brazil so that's where I decided to go.
View attachment 432631

This was sheer torture!!
View attachment 432632

Pretty nifty IMO.
View attachment 432633

I went with the seafood stew & the cheese bread. The cheese bread was AMAZING!! It was unbelievably good. I enjoyed the stew also but the bread was definitely the winner of the two. I decided to eat on the nearest empty trash can that I could find instead of taking it back to eat with everyone else. It probably would have been cold by the time I made it back there!!
View attachment 432634

I felt lucky that I had been able to at least get a trash can. They had to use J's stroller as a table!!
View attachment 432635

Wow....
View attachment 432636

And that, my friends, concludes our day at Epcot. I asked who was ready to leave(we were only there for 4 hours). I felt bad b/c R & JSR don't go there as much as E, J & I do so I feel like they got shortchanged. They both said they were fine with it.
View attachment 432637

I wanted out of there so bad that I would have done almost anything. So, what do I suggest? I hope you're sitting down for this one!!
A ride on the Skyliner!!:jawdrop: Yes, "Miss I'm Deathly Afraid of Heights" thought I would have less anxiety on that than dealing with the sea of humanity that was in Epcot that day. It was that bad there....
View attachment 432638

I can't even imagine what a park is like when it reaches capacity.
View attachment 432639

BTW--since R was only going to be there Saturday & Sunday I told him to pick what 2 parks he wanted to go to. That's how we ended up at Epcot....on a Saturday....during Food & Wine:banghead: Never again...
Yep I was also there that same Saturday and we stayed for fireworks!!! Never again lol.

Doc Disney

And how about this embarrassing moment?? After she gives me my first drink she asks me how long I plan on staying for. My response, "I'm not sure. Probably for a few.":facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Then it hits me, she wasn't asking how long I was going to be staying at the bar for, she wanted to know how long I was staying at AKL for. I was so embarrassed!!

I 100% would have done this too :hilarious:
Thank you so much for sharing ! I really enjoyed it!!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep I was also there that same Saturday and we stayed for fireworks!!! Never again lol.
So, would I be correct in assuming that it stayed that crowded all day? If so, wow, you're brave. Those crowds were way too much for me. I don't mind waiting in a long line for something but when you can't even just walk without being shoulder to shoulder with people it gets me stressed out.
I 100% would have done this too :hilarious:
Thank you so much for sharing ! I really enjoyed it!!!
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: That makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one!! Sometimes I wonder where my mind is!!
I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Thank you for reading!!:happy:

susan lees

So, would I be correct in assuming that it stayed that crowded all day? If so, wow, you're brave. Those crowds were way too much for me. I don't mind waiting in a long line for something but when you can't even just walk without being shoulder to shoulder with people it gets me stressed out.

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: That makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one!! Sometimes I wonder where my mind is!!
I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Thank you for reading!!:happy:
Yes stayed jam packed all day. Leaving was the worse although entertaining watching all the people who had enjoyed the wine a little too much 😂😂. We decided to take an uber from beach club (staying off site this visit) and we were quoted $50!!! Bus to Disney Springs then more reasonable uber. We were exhausted.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes stayed jam packed all day. Leaving was the worse although entertaining watching all the people who had enjoyed the wine a little too much 😂😂. We decided to take an uber from beach club (staying off site this visit) and we were quoted $50!!! Bus to Disney Springs then more reasonable uber. We were exhausted.
I'll have to let the rest of my family know. They'll definitely be glad we left when we did! Had I been there all day I probably would have been one of those that indulged in too much wine!! I would have needed to just to put up with the crowds!! I can only imagine how exhausted you were--I was worn out from the whole 4 hours we spent at Epcot!!

slipperalwaysfits

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 🤩🤩🥳🥳
Looks like a really fun party and I can't wait to see the trick you're about to play on your sister!
I've been crazy busy with work and school so it's nice to finally sit down and finish your trip!

Looks like J had fun at BOG! I do LOVE the dessert there! I know some people just make reservations for the dessert (I heard that's why they switched the menu) but honestly; I love the whole ambiance, experience and the food is really good, IMO.

They were at airline check-in having a bit of an issue that I'm all too familiar with. They would only issue a boarding pass for JSR. Because him & J have the same name they would only issue one. J would have to get one at the airport. That is so ridiculous IMO. To this day I still don't understand it. You may recall from one of my previous TR's where that happened once to my mom & I. Then another time they issued 2 boarding passes but both for the same person so that when I went to board they wouldn't allow me b/c they said I was already on the plane!! Then they ended up delaying the flight to sort out the mess!! I just don't get it--you have 2 people each paying for a seat. What is the problem??

I TOTALLY DO NOT understand why the airlines can't figure out two people with the same name! Especially when they are traveling together and have different birthdates @Swissmiss I think this is a problem that comes up fairly often for big companies like Disney and Southwest, so you think they'd have better protocol! Like you said, if going through security isn't a problem, why is the boarding pass an issue?

LP was very interested in playing with the safety instructions on our fight 😆 she looks mad, but hey she’d been constricted on a plane, who can blame her? Thought you and J would appreciate that.

@sheriffwoody Way to teach her the right way to travel! Start 'em young, raise 'em right!

. It was so cute, he jumped up & ran over to scare it. He came back to me & said, "I chased it away for you." How cute is that!!

AAAAAAAawwwwwwwwww....what a sweet kid. He loves his aunty!

J became the owner of his own Southwest plane.

After all these trips, he should have one!

The next morning this popped up on my Facebook page. This was the original picture that we took at Rose & Crown many moons ago that we always try to recreate!!

Thanks for sharing! It's so cool to see the original picture!

I don't know if I've yet written a whole trip report! I know I've taken notes, but I'm not sure I've ever posted any trip report. Like you, I love being able to discuss a trip and read about other's adventures in a place that is familiar and beloved to all of us here.

Looking forward to your next adventure!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom