News The Art of Shaving to permanently close at Disney Springs

Bocabear

It was a nice store...I have bought some things there in the past.
I tried to get a haircut there once ands they had no openings.
I am not glad for any shop's failure...but I loved when Disney Springs was less Anywhere USA Lifestyle center and more Disney and more Unique...

Lilofan

I am not glad for any shop's failure...but I loved when Disney Springs was less Anywhere USA Lifestyle center and more Disney and more Unique...
The perfect day at Downtown Disney back in the day was spending the day at Disney Quest playing video games for $30, listening to music on the headphones at Virgin, eating pizza at Wolfgang Puck patio area , drinking rocket fuel Cuban espresso by the walk up window at Bongos then seeing a $7 movie at AMC 6 next door. Less was more for me , more enjoyment.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

It still is overall better than the I-drive outlet malls for variety and dining, but it still has to kowtow to economic viability.

Lilofan

It still is overall better than the I-drive outlet malls for variety and dining, but it still has to kowtow to economic viability.
International Drive is divided in two parts. From the old Wet and Wild to the outlet stores near Mall of Millennia is UK, Brazil, South American guests area with tourists staying there and food options ( especially Brazil ) bordering one of the ghettos of Orlando , the other part is the convention area , more upscale eating and lodging options.

Bocabear

What do we think will be here next?
An overpriced cookie store?
An overpriced swimwear store?
An overpriced coffee store?
LOL! well there are now two cookie locations including Lake House...not sure how many swimwear places there are but I imagine there is already one too many.
Coffee....there are already two Starbucks and Two Joffrey's
but no Barbershop..... I think the Main Street Barbershop annex would actually work in that location... provided they really theme it to Main Street...no succulents.

Disstevefan1

LOL! well there are now two cookie locations including Lake House...not sure how many swimwear places there are but I imagine there is already one too many.
Coffee....there are already two Starbucks and Two Joffrey's
but no Barbershop..... I think the Main Street Barbershop annex would actually work in that location... provided they really theme it to Main Street...no succulents.
Disney is an inclusive landlord.

Disney will welcome anyone who can pay for the renovations, security and rent ;)

Animaniac93-98

To me, there's always been a disconnect between the types of stores at Disney Springs and the WDW tourist and local Orlando market. It never made sense to have all these high-end or obscure shops where there's an obvious lack of interest or funds to shop there.

Cmdr_Crimson

The perfect day at Downtown Disney back in the day was spending the day at Disney Quest playing video games for $30, listening to music on the headphones at Virgin, eating pizza at Wolfgang Puck patio area , drinking rocket fuel Cuban espresso by the walk up window at Bongos then seeing a $7 movie at AMC 6 next door. Less was more for me , more enjoyment.
all-of-this-pointing.gif

Also, something to still do after 2am and getting McDonalds to eat since it was open late in the Marketplace.

Cmdr_Crimson

To me, there's always been a disconnect between the types of stores at Disney Springs and the WDW tourist and local Orlando market. It never made sense to have all these high-end or obscure shops where there's an obvious lack of interest or funds to shop there.
On my past trips I would at least be able to purchase things during the DTD era..Now anytime I'm there all I can is see is this to my wallet..
no-money-donald-duck.gif

Bocabear

I know I really was open to Disney Springs being amazing...and was disappointed when it turned out to be more of a usual Lifestyle shopping center than the unique experience it was hyped to be... Still there are gems there...
In general not having a late night dining/ food options across property is a real failure.
Springs and all the resorts should have some sort of quick-serve open until an hour after parks close...

Cmdr_Crimson

Springs and all the resorts should have some sort of quick-serve open until an hour after parks close...
Everything POP is open until 11pm..But, if your leaving just at park close your chances get slim if there's a delay from the skyliner or a huge line at the bus.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Hey, remember how after the Disney Springs refresh, every store closure was an opportunity to opine how Disney Springs was a failure?

Fun times.
Just look in this thread, the same miserable whiners are at it again with the lie that Disney Springs is a "lifestyle center" you can find anywhere in Anytown USA 😂

Bocabear

Isn't it? Maybe not Anytown but in a lot of places across the country. I am glad there are parts of it that are unique... But it is less unique with shops you can find elsewhere... Super Dry, Tommy Bahama, Ulta Cosmetics, LuLuLemon, etx can all be found elsewhere... I don't hate Disney Springs...but wish there was more unique like the old Pleasure Island days.

lewisc

Everything POP is open until 11pm..But, if your leaving just at park close your chances get slim if there's a delay from the skyliner or a huge line at the bus.
Pre Covid Piccabu in the Dolphin was open 24/7. Pre Covid room service was an option for guests staying at deluxe resorts
Just look in this thread, the same miserable whiners are at it again with the lie that Disney Springs is a "lifestyle center" you can find anywhere in Anytown USA 😂
Most of the stores can be found in major malls. Maybe in the mall located on the Anytown USA Bypass.

Food not as much.

Lilofan

Isn't it? Maybe not Anytown but in a lot of places across the country. I am glad there are parts of it that are unique... But it is less unique with shops you can find elsewhere... Super Dry, Tommy Bahama, Ulta Cosmetics, LuLuLemon, etx can all be found elsewhere... I don't hate Disney Springs...but wish there was more unique like the old Pleasure Island days.
Old Pleasure Island days during the day was a ghost town with merchants making their money when PI opened to adults only at night closing at 2am nightly.

Ayla

I love the current DS because it is a chance to shop/browse at so many stores we don't have anywhere near us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom