News The Art of Shaving to permanently close at Disney Springs

Lilofan

I've seen in my workplace a number of staff in casual attire, business attire with 5 o clock shadow , full beard , goatee. Not the typical consumer to probably not even enter Art of Shaving.

Disstevefan1

I've seen in my workplace a number of staff in casual attire, business attire with 5 o clock shadow , full beard , goatee. Not the typical consumer to probably not even enter Art of Shaving.
I shave, but I figured out what works for me decades ago, besides this, I would NEVER use my valued vacation time to go into this store to investigate (over priced) shaving options.

Lilofan

I shave, but I figured out what works for me decades ago, besides this, I would NEVER use my valued vacation time to go into this store to investigate (over priced) shaving options.
Covid really collapsed the Art of Shaving company and all the AOS mall stores nationwide closed up except NYC and Disney Springs . Now the only stand alone store is in NYC or one can order online.

epcotWSC

AOS is overpriced and tried to capitalize on the move of many over the past 15 years or so to return to traditional (less expensive) shaving methods (double edge or straight edge). There are so many cheaper options online and a store is kind of pointless. Also, these days it's more acceptable to have a beard or five o'clock shadow that people just don't shave as much as they once did.

Disone

This was a nice experience. Have you ever in the mood to pamper yourself while on vacation, this was almost like being at the spa but cater to men and didn't quite have the same price point.

It lasted longer than I thought, but I enjoyed it. Still I only did it once.

mf1972

maybe it was a certain employee
IMG_4413.gif

Bocabear

It is a nice boutique shop, but was not necessarily a great fit for Disney Springs... I doubt they sold many of their $280 razors... Looks like most of their products are on sale or out of stock online... Maybe the whole chain is going under.... I like their products though....But what if it were replaced by an outpost of Disney's own Main Street Barbershop... A luxe and beautiful Edwardian barbershop with a few more barbers and some Branded merchandise. I would get my haircut there...And they could spin that into a nice brand that Disney would own... and Disney Springs would have a unique Disney shop... not something you could find in any town USA... More Special, More Timeless, More Disney....

Lilofan

It is a nice boutique shop, but was not necessarily a great fit for Disney Springs... I doubt they sold many of their $280 razors... Looks like most of their products are on sale or out of stock online... Maybe the whole chain is going under.... I like their products though....But what if it were replaced by an outpost of Disney's own Main Street Barbershop... A luxe and beautiful Edwardian barbershop with a few more barbers and some Branded merchandise. I would get my haircut there...And they could spin that into a nice brand that Disney would own... and Disney Springs would have a unique Disney shop... not something you could find in any town USA... More Special, More Timeless, More Disney....
The founder of Art of Shaving sold his company to Proctor and Gamble some years ago for $60M. Looks like he sold at the right time.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It was announced in January 2020 that parent company Procter & Gamble planned to close "most" stores due to a decline in mall traffic and changing consumer shopping habits The Art of Shaving currently operates 2 stores in the United States (New York and Florida) and 6 stores globally (outside of the US).

Club Cooloholic

I don't see why anyone is happy to see the store closed. It provided a service that some people, locals and those on vacation used. To say, one wouldn't waste valuable vacation time there is kinda a funny thing to say, as someone else could pretty much say that about Disney Springs on a whole if they wanted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom