The Apprentice 5

pluto77

Original Poster
Well that episode made me depressed. It may be cheesy, but I got a little teary eyed when Bryce called everyone in the room, and then when Charmaine was crying after the board room. :eek: I actually didn't even care for Bryce too much until this episode. He brought the whole team together, and he didn't have any hidden motives. He didn't stab anyone in the back, which in the end I guess got him fired. Even though Trump was questioning Lee a little, I figured he was going to fire Bryce because he brought the wrong people in (except for maybe Lenny). He could've brought Charmaine and Tarek in, but I have to say I respect him for not stabbing them in the back (I don't understand why Trump was going after Charmaine when that other lady was writing the lyrics with her). They are all competing for one job, so I'm not necessarily saying that Bryce taking the blame for everything was the right thing to do in this specific situation, but it does say something about his character so I have to respect him for that. I was sad to see him go (even though I didn't like him in an earlier episode, but I liked him more in this episode than I disliked him earlier). But I won't necessarily disagree if someone on here says that Bryce was stupid in the board room.

I didn't like the lecture the Arby's executives gave them for being late. Yes their pretty late. I wouldn't have been mad if they would've just left like the star wars guys did last season, but I don't like how the executives were talking down on them. Kind of makes me not want to go to Arby's now. :lol:

One more thing, then I'll end this post. George has only been on like one episode this season, I like him I hope he comes back soon. I'm kind of sick of seeing Bill every week.

GenerationX

I would have fired Bryce simply for not bringing Charmain into the boardroom. She made them late and missed the key point in the lyrics.

Carolyn: "Why don't you just say 'Fire me, Mr. Trump'?"
Heh.

Rcoaster809

I agree that the losing team really pulled together. I actually felt bad for them this week. I think the winning team's jingle was the best, but I liked how the other team worked better. I actually said out loud, "Bryce, what are you doing?" when he called the team meeting, but I was surprised how it ended up, and I really respect the entire team for how the boardroom went this week. It was very dignified. There were 2 things that did annoy me with though. First, he brought Lee in. HUGE MISTAKE!!! BTW, I think George wasn't there because he is also Jewish. Second, I Bryce was very cocky in his "cab talk" afterwords. Otherwise, I was really worried that Lenny would go, and I am going to have to suffer at least one more week with Andrea. At least we only saw her a little this episode.

BRER STITCH

pluto77 said:
Well that episode made me depressed. It may be cheesy, but I got a little teary eyed when Bryce called everyone in the room, and then when Charmaine was crying after the board room. :eek: I actually didn't even care for Bryce too much until this episode. He brought the whole team together, and he didn't have any hidden motives. He didn't stab anyone in the back, which in the end I guess got him fired. Even though Trump was questioning Lee a little, I figured he was going to fire Bryce because he brought the wrong people in (except for maybe Lenny). He could've brought Charmaine and Tarek in, but I have to say I respect him for not stabbing them in the back (I don't understand why Trump was going after Charmaine when that other lady was writing the lyrics with her). They are all competing for one job, so I'm not necessarily saying that Bryce taking the blame for everything was the right thing to do in this specific situation, but it does say something about his character so I have to respect him for that. I was sad to see him go (even though I didn't like him in an earlier episode, but I liked him more in this episode than I disliked him earlier). But I won't necessarily disagree if someone on here says that Bryce was stupid in the board room.

I didn't like the lecture the Arby's executives gave them for being late. Yes their pretty late. I wouldn't have been mad if they would've just left like the star wars guys did last season, but I don't like how the executives were talking down on them. Kind of makes me not want to go to Arby's now. :lol:

One more thing, then I'll end this post. George has only been on like one episode this season, I like him I hope he comes back soon. I'm kind of sick of seeing Bill every week.

Hey PLUTO! Thanks for writing this for me! :lol:

I felt the same way.

I felt Bryce did a good job, and was really impressed with His character last night. I probably would have done the same thing for the same reasons, as I repsect the people who work for me and could not have them fired for doing what I asked them to do.

I see where Bryce was coming from with His explanation, but the editing once again was so terrible that we really don't know if He ever got his point across. At least it didn't appear so. I totally understand his rationale for bringing in the two team mates who did the least on the task, as He probably saw His own firing coming anyway and did not want to put His other team members at risk. Oh well....

The best part was that we finally got to see someone stand up to Trump in the boardroom!!! :sohappy: I was rooting for Bryce the whole time! It made for great TV and was a good lesson in sticking to your principles. (Though I am completly aware that this show is no place for people with principles! HAHA!)

Trump really looked like a madman by not listening to Bryce's explanation, and I loved the cab comments! HAHA! I think deep down even Trump knows Bryce is a far better candidate for the job than the rest of that dysfunctional team!

Next week's "feel good" episode should be fun to watch!

:)

BRER STITCH

GenerationX said:
Carolyn: "Why don't you just say 'Fire me, Mr. Trump'?"
Heh.

You just reminded me...Anyone else totally fed up with the snarkiness and bum kissing displayed by Carolyn and Bill this season??? :hurl:

It's making both of them look really bad, I think.

The ending of every show where Trump tells them how great he is and they fall over backward to agree really needs to be re-written. There's so much more that could be discussed after the players leave the office that would make for a better ending than that every week!

:veryconfu

Goofier

GenerationX said:
I would have fired Bryce simply for not bringing Charmain into the boardroom. She made them late..

Eh, wrong! At twenty till 10, she told Bryce, "Our meeting is at 10:15, so we should leave in about ten to fifteen minutes." Then Bryce continued to talk about the night before and pulling the team together, and as they cut to commercial, they showed that they were still standing in the suite at 10:10. That was Bryce's doing, and I think it was lame of him to try to blame it on Charmain, saying he wasn't aware of the appointment, when she told him about it as soon as she got off the phone.

But apparently I'm the only one who caught it anyway.

BRER STITCH

Goofier said:
But apparently I'm the only one who caught it anyway.

Nope! We were all over that one, too, but didn't post it above.

They screwed that up big time, and we'll never really know what happened becasue of the crazy editing.

:wave:

GenerationX

BRER STITCH said:
The ending of every show where Trump tells them how great he is and they fall over backward to agree really needs to be re-written. There's so much more that could be discussed after the players leave the office that would make for a better ending than that every week!
I'm with you on that, BRER STITCH. Definitely one of the weaker parts of the show. It fits Trumpy, however, as there is no human alive more pompous than The Hair himself. Well, maybe William Shatner.

Worst part of each show?
  • Trumpy waits to hand out tasks and has poorly improvised "Business is great" discussion with corporate sponsors of the week.
  • Carolyn, George, or Bill gives the "This isn't going well" look during the task.
  • Trumpy delivers his cliche-ridden (and usually spoilerific) Words of Wisdom.
  • Somebody utters the phrase "step up".
  • The winning team's Reward segment.
  • The sycophantic backing of Trumpy's firing decision.
Hard to pick just one.

RonAnnArbor - Agreed. Tarek cannot be fired soon enough for me!

hoppypooh

GenerationX said:
I'm with you on that, BRER STITCH.
Worst part of each show?
  • Trumpy waits to hand out tasks and has poorly improvised "Business is great" discussion with corporate sponsors of the week.
  • Carolyn, George, or Bill gives the "This isn't going well" look during the task.
  • Trumpy delivers his cliche-ridden (and usually spoilerific) Words of Wisdom.
  • Somebody utters the phrase "step up".
  • The winning team's Reward segment.
  • The sycophantic backing of Trumpy's firing decision.
Hard to pick just one.

I think you forgot one... when he announces the task each week...

"The pizza business is a _ billion dollar a year industry."
"The car business is a _ billion dollar a year industry."
"The music business is a _ billion dollar a year industry."
"The clothing business is a _ billion dollar a year industry."
"The video game business is a _ billion dollar a year industry."

And what's up with the way he pronounces "industry"? It's like "in-doss-try." :lol:

DisneyBunny

hoppypooh said:
I think you forgot one... when he announces the task each week...

"The pizza business is a _ billion dollar a year industry."
"The car business is a _ billion dollar a year industry."
"The music business is a _ billion dollar a year industry."
"The clothing business is a _ billion dollar a year industry."
"The video game business is a _ billion dollar a year industry."

And what's up with the way he pronounces "industry"? It's like "in-doss-try." :lol:

My new favorite is the one where he goes:

"And your names are?" to the coprorate Execs. Like he can't even bother to learn their names anymore.

DisneyBunny

Oh, and where he makes the oh-so-subtle transitions from one thing to another, when he gives the tasks, and announces the rewards.

"Putting your name on EVERYTHING is good, which is why you'll be doing a jingle that has no relevance to anything I just said."

"Tonight you worked for Arby's, and while I luuuuv me some Arby's :)hurl: ) You'll be eating truffles tonight!"

Most of the time I don't even try to follow him.

pluto77

Original Poster
BRER STITCH said:
Hey PLUTO! Thanks for writing this for me! :lol:

I felt the same way.

I felt Bryce did a good job, and was really impressed with His character last night. I probably would have done the same thing for the same reasons, as I repsect the people who work for me and could not have them fired for doing what I asked them to do.

I see where Bryce was coming from with His explanation, but the editing once again was so terrible that we really don't know if He ever got his point across. At least it didn't appear so. I totally understand his rationale for bringing in the two team mates who did the least on the task, as He probably saw His own firing coming anyway and did not want to put His other team members at risk. Oh well....

The best part was that we finally got to see someone stand up to Trump in the boardroom!!! :sohappy: I was rooting for Bryce the whole time! It made for great TV and was a good lesson in sticking to your principles. (Though I am completly aware that this show is no place for people with principles! HAHA!)

Trump really looked like a madman by not listening to Bryce's explanation, and I loved the cab comments! HAHA! I think deep down even Trump knows Bryce is a far better candidate for the job than the rest of that dysfunctional team!

Next week's "feel good" episode should be fun to watch!

:)
Glad I could help! :wave: Yeah, pretty much after the last episode I decided that I would want to work for someone like Bryce. I never know what to believe because of all the horrible editing, but either way Trump did look like an idiot in the boardroom (but is it different any other time? :lol: ).

I liked Bryce's cab comment too. Normally the cab comments are all BS, but his were funny because they were true.

I agree with you about Bill and Carolyn too. What about those two episodes Trump had his daughter in place of Carolyn?! She was even worse than Bill!

hoppypooh

pluto77 said:
What about those two episodes Trump had his daughter in place of Carolyn?! She was even worse than Bill!

I agree! And really, what qualifications does Ivanka have to qualify as a "judge"? So Daddy got her into and paid for Wharton (business school)? So what? IMHO she has zero real-world business experience!

pluto77

Original Poster
I had a dream the other day that I was on an Apprentice type show. Trump wasn't in it. The job we were competing for was a Disney Internship. :lol: I'm not kidding! My brother was in it too, but he was competing for a professional intership and I was competing for the regualar college program type jobs. I guess there's not much other detail that I remember, but it's funny.

pluto77

Original Poster
Well Tarek's finally gone! I was a little sad to see Charmaine go though...

Who is everyone rooting for? I think I'm leaning towards Michael right now because I don't really like anyone else, except maybe Roxanne, I haven't seen much of Allie (I missed last week) so I don't know about her.

GenerationX

When Tarek and Charmain were arguing with each other I thought Trumpy was going to fire them both at the same time. Flick both hands out and say "You're both idiots, and you're both fired." That would have been great. Oh well, at least they're both gone.

How about Lee the weasel? No, he's not going to scheme or plot against anyone. Instead, he's going to give the rest of the famewhores advice on how to rip each other apart so he doesn't have to get his hands dirty. When Bill, Caroline, and The Hair were calling him a politician, I don't believe they were being complimentary.

I'm rooting for Tammy, but only because she's hott.

BRER STITCH

WOOHOO!

With TAREK gone, the show is watchable again! Something about him just gave me the creeps! :lookaroun If there is a bell tower where He lives the townies should be very nervous!!! You could almost hear Him **SNAP**!

Michael has been so under the radar this year, it's hard to imagine Him actually winning this thing. He's made no fatal errors because He's actually done nothing! :lol:

I agree that the "politician" comments were not meant in a flattering way for Lee. It was more like Donald saying "how could I ever trust you to cheat, steal, and lie for me when you can't even offer an opinion on this"???

I think Trumpy really likes Roxanne and Tammy so I'd look for one of them to win, even if it was just to invite Roxanne back to lecture the next cast in the Board Room when Carolyn is out! :lol:

RonAnnArbor

WOOHOO!!! Tarek gone!!! He needed to go after the very first episode and lasted way way way too long. The future of business has been saved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom