The Apprentice 5

pluto77

Original Poster
I think it's the 5th season anyway. :confused: Anyone watching? I've been catching the reruns on CNBC, so I just saw the one from last Monday today. It seems like he picked a bunch of losers this season. At least Lenny is there for some comic relief (when I don't want to kill him :lol: ). There may be a few good people that we haven't seen much of though. So far, I think Donald has done a good job with the firings. Brent won't make it, but he wasn't the reason he lost the last task his team lost. That one girl almost had a nervous breakdown when Brent entered the room. Let's see how it goes next show when somebody "steps over the line." :lol: So if anybody else has been watching, this is the thread to discuss The Apprentice.

Videoteck

lol I like the jewish guy er at least I think hes jewish the guy that talks funny.
Remember last week the one whos suppose to get the generator.
Hes the coolest.

DisneyBunny

When you have actual sharks on a show, and most of the "contestants" want a teammate to be eaten by one, THAT is a fine example of how the shark is jumped.

Rcoaster809

That shark thing with Brent was really funny, but Brent has not been a reason for a loss yet. He deserves to stay, but I think he will mess up sometime soon. Everytime Lenny speaks, I laugh a lot. I don't think he will win, but I hope he lasts a long time. So far I think this season has been better than the last couple. I'm lookinf forward to tonights episode.

pluto77

Original Poster
Rcoaster809 said:
That shark thing with Brent was really funny, but Brent has not been a reason for a loss yet. He deserves to stay, but I think he will mess up sometime soon. Everytime Lenny speaks, I laugh a lot. I don't think he will win, but I hope he lasts a long time. So far I think this season has been better than the last couple. I'm lookinf forward to tonights episode.
Yeah, I think this season is better too. There are a lot of people that I look at and say "I don't think he/she will last," but they are entertaining, which is the point of the TV show, so it's doing its job. :) I'm off of work tonight so I don't have to wait until the reruns this week.

I'm pretty excited for tonights, since I just saw last week's yesterday, it looks like it's going to get pretty dramatic.

GenerationX

Had Brent kept his mouth shut in the boardroom, he may have survived and the graphic designer woman may have gotten the boot. Of course, keeping his mouth shut is not one of Brent's strong suits.

The best part of this season: Lenny. I loved the exchange between him and Trump last week:

Trumpy: Lenny, what should I do here?
Lenny: Fire them both!
Trumpy: You know, that's not a bad idea.
(Trumpy and Lenny both laugh)

When Trumpy's words of wisdom for the week were "Keep it simple", you knew one team would create an over-complicated, busy mess of a billboard. And seriously, the model guy was way too young to be the model woman's father.

Rcoaster809

I agree that the right team won, and Lenny is just great, but Brent should not have been fired. He didnt do anything wrong, because he was not allowed to do anything at all. Andrea really annoyed me because he arguement was "I've got more money than you, so I am better than you," and that is not true. I hope she doesnt last long. Sean really did a terrible job presenting, and the creativity was lacking, so Brent would probably still be around if he was more careful. There still really isnt anyone I really like this season, so we will see. The next episode looks good though!

ImaginEAR

*sigh*

I would've watched it, but, of course, they decided to switch the time slots, so it goes up against one of my favorite shows - 24.

:(

pluto77

Original Poster
Rcoaster809 said:
I agree that the right team won, and Lenny is just great, but Brent should not have been fired. He didnt do anything wrong, because he was not allowed to do anything at all. Andrea really annoyed me because he arguement was "I've got more money than you, so I am better than you," and that is not true. I hope she doesnt last long. Sean really did a terrible job presenting, and the creativity was lacking, so Brent would probably still be around if he was more careful. There still really isnt anyone I really like this season, so we will see. The next episode looks good though!
I'm glad I'm not the only one, that comment by Andrea really annoyed me too. Brent should not have been fired because they didn't allow him to do anything so it couldn't have been his fault they got fired, but he couldn't keep his mouth shut in the board room. Andrea annoyed me last week too when she about had a nervous breakdown when Brent didn't get fired.

Charmain was a good project manager though, I was pretty impressed with her this week.

BRER STITCH

WOOHOO!

Brent got the boot! What a loser!

I was starting to suspect that he was hired by the producers as a paid actor to stir things up on the show -- that's how useless he was! :lol:

The secret to staying alive on that show is not volunteering to be the Project Managers until you are the only one left! There are few exceptions, but more often than not, there are too many things to go wrong for you if you are the PR too early, as we have found out this season!

Still a long way to go to make a prediction for me.....

:king:

pluto77

Original Poster
I felt kind of bad for Dan, but I knew he was going to get fired today. Either him or Tarek, but when Donald start saying all that stuff about him not bringing Lenny back I knew it was going to be Dan. Lee is really annoying. I don't know why, something about him really grates on my nerves.

I also hate Andrea's attitude.

It's kind of hard to tell, but I think my favorites right now are Charmain and Roxanne. That may change though, it's still pretty early in the season.

RonAnnArbor

OMG -- Tarek needed to go three weeks ago and he is still around? High IQ does not equate to job performance...

Dan was too arrogant to survive - he didn't listen to other team members, and Tarek is now in trouble, as there is no-one there to protect him.

Rcoaster809

I was really hopping for the double firing of Dan and Tarek tonight. Tarek should have been gone on the first episode, but I think it is funny that Trump rips on him all the time. Dan did a terrible job, and it was clear from the very first moment that his team was not going to like him at PM. I totally agree with you Pluto about both Lee and Andrea. I also have no clue why I don't like Lee, it is just something about him. Andrea is just aweful. I found it funny that she thought she knew everything about color, and that the black and white was bad, but no one with that color hair should be allowed to pretend to have good taste in color. That is my Apprentice rant for this week. I still like Lenny, so I was very glad that Dan screwed up and didn't bring him in. I'm not sure about next week's episode, but it should be interesting.

GenerationX

Lenny's concept was not good (trying to sell a cruise with what appears to be a shipwreck victim? Whaaa??), but they all agreed to it right away. I think Tarek's mistake was actually worse. Just last week, they won the billboard task because the other team had too many words on their billboard. Essentially they made that same mistake this week.

In the immortal words of the two greatest television critics, speaking of words in videos:

"I hate words"
"Words suck"
"If I wanted to read, I'd go to school"
"Huh huh"
"Heh heh"

Dan deserved to go for being too cowardly to bring Lenny into the boardroom. Lenny, despite his mistake this week, still rocks.

pluto77

Original Poster
Rcoaster809 said:
I was really hopping for the double firing of Dan and Tarek tonight. Tarek should have been gone on the first episode, but I think it is funny that Trump rips on him all the time. Dan did a terrible job, and it was clear from the very first moment that his team was not going to like him at PM. I totally agree with you Pluto about both Lee and Andrea. I also have no clue why I don't like Lee, it is just something about him. Andrea is just aweful. I found it funny that she thought she knew everything about color, and that the black and white was bad, but no one with that color hair should be allowed to pretend to have good taste in color. That is my Apprentice rant for this week. I still like Lenny, so I was very glad that Dan screwed up and didn't bring him in. I'm not sure about next week's episode, but it should be interesting.
I feel like I'm posting a lot in this thread, but oh well.

I think I started getting annoyed with Andrea when she made that comment to Brent about her being a multimillionaire and him "only" making $50,000 a year. Then she seems to keep bringing it up, and now every time she talks I just hear this stuck up little brat talking. Okay, she did win the task that she was project manager, but ever since then it seems like she always thinks she knows what to do, but she's dead wrong.

Computer Magic

Andrea need to go...She can't work as a team player...and she talks down to people.

Lenny is in trouble. Trumps last words "You can tell Lenny I said that". Lenny would have been fired if brought into the boardroom tonight.

BRER STITCH

BRER STITCH said:
WOOHOO!
The secret to staying alive on that show is not volunteering to be the Project Managers until you are the only one left! There are few exceptions, but more often than not, there are too many things to go wrong for you if you are the PR too early, as we have found out this season!
:king:

Once again, a project manager makes the stupidest mistake they can make and gets "the boot" from "the Donald". :brick:

I swear these "candidates" have never seen the show before! :lol:

Why would you let the single most important decision you can make as a LOSING project manager - who to bring into the boardroom with you - be blinded by personality and emotion instead of reality??? :veryconfu

Oh well, for that reason alone, the right man went home!

By the way...that Andrea is a WITCH!!! (though I even hate to demean real witches everywhere by including Her in that group, too!) :lol:

Rcoaster809

pluto77 said:
I feel like I'm posting a lot in this thread, but oh well.

I think I started getting annoyed with Andrea when she made that comment to Brent about her being a multimillionaire and him "only" making $50,000 a year. Then she seems to keep bringing it up, and now every time she talks I just hear this stuck up little brat talking. Okay, she did win the task that she was project manager, but ever since then it seems like she always thinks she knows what to do, but she's dead wrong.

I totally agree with you about Andrea. In my opinion she is the Omerosa (sp?) of this season. I really hope Lenny steps it up a bit, just because he is funny. I doubt he will win, but I don't want him to lose just yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom