The Amazing Race 17

GenerationX

Original Poster
It's time for another racearoundtheworld! For the first time, they'll be crossing into the Arctic Circle (Russia? Canada? Svalbard?). The preview clip showing the watermelon being shot backwards at the contestant has a very Wile E. Coyote-esque vibe to it. Gotta like that.

Anyway, Sunday, September 26th at 7:30pm CENTRAL.

CBS Official Site

NYwdwfan

The best part of the watermelon in the face clip is the look on the girl's face when her teammate tells her she has to finish. Check it out on the CBS website if you haven't seen it...pretty funny!

GenerationX

Original Poster
First impressions:

I like the Express Pass. That adds a nice element of strategy.

The Birth Mother / Daughter team is a new relationship for the show. I'm hoping they do well.

Anger Management Boy - the one who tried 12 times to get across the river - is a ticking time bomb. The over/under for which ep he loses it: 3.

One of the Beach Volleyball girls is hot (the one who wasn't driving).

The Tattoo Couple is doomed.

Storming the Castle was a riot, as was the Watermelon Slingshot.

Great start!

GenerationX

Original Poster
It's been a good season, so far. I never would have thought the tattooed couple would have lasted this long. Shouldn't you have watched the show before getting on it? They weren't sure what a Fast Forward was or what "Fast Forward taken" meant. Yeesh.

The shopping channel hosts drive me nuts with the constant chatter and the awkward desire to kiss the locals. It's not really funny, it's just kind of weird.

Every season they have a vegetarian, and every season that person ends up at a meat-eating challenge. I thought she handled it pretty well. I'm surprised she didn't just barf right away, because her system was probably really struggling to digest the sheep's head.

My wife and I were yelling at the screen during the Piano Detour. The way to finish that task quickly was so obvious - listen to the first song until you know it, find the pianist playing it, listen to the second song until you know it, etc. It would not take that long. That one couple finally used that strategy when the big doofus shut up and "let" his girlfriend call the shots.

artvandelay

It's been a good season, so far. I never would have thought the tattooed couple would have lasted this long. Shouldn't you have watched the show before getting on it? They weren't sure what a Fast Forward was or what "Fast Forward taken" meant. Yeesh.

The shopping channel hosts drive me nuts with the constant chatter and the awkward desire to kiss the locals. It's not really funny, it's just kind of weird.

Every season they have a vegetarian, and every season that person ends up at a meat-eating challenge. I thought she handled it pretty well. I'm surprised she didn't just barf right away, because her system was probably really struggling to digest the sheep's head.

My wife and I were yelling at the screen during the Piano Detour. The way to finish that task quickly was so obvious - listen to the first song until you know it, find the pianist playing it, listen to the second song until you know it, etc. It would not take that long. That one couple finally used that strategy when the big doofus shut up and "let" his girlfriend call the shots.

X, have you found the challenges this season to be fairly easy?

Nemo14

Why didn't the tattoo'ers have a speed bump this past episode?

I was thinking the same thing. What probably happened was it was inconsequential to the game play and the producers had a lot of other stuff to show.

We wondered the same thing. According to the website, there was some technical problem at the piano challenge (wrong answer given to the contestans or something), but the pit-stop had already been declared to be a non-elimination, so they just had no penalty to serve.

GenerationX

Original Poster
X, have you found the challenges this season to be fairly easy?

Yep. It's a shame because the team that has transportation difficulties typically cannot make up the time at the challenges. Also, in the challenges that have featured a wide range of completion times, the range seems to have been due less to the superior skill of the teams that finished quickly, but rather to the complete ineptitude of the teams finishing last. The challenges have not been a complete disaster, but they haven't been as good as other seasons.

GenerationX

Original Poster
I liked the challenges in Hong Kong (find the fake food!) and South Korea, but the L.A. ones were not their best. It was cool that all three final teams were deserving (each had run many good legs and didn't get saved by a non-elimination leg), as such I was fine with the winners.

Did you catch the previews for Amazing Race 18? I tried searching for cast spoiler sites, but I saw a bunch of incomplete lists. I recognized all of the racers they showed in the previews - it looks to be pretty heavy on seasons 14 and 17. I'm just glad the Globetrotters are back.

Disneybird

I was very happy the doctors won, but I would have been okay with any of the 3 finalist.

I'm so glad the cowboys will be back on the next season. The globetrotters will be my 2nd favorites. But I hate that so many from this season will be back. You would think of 16 seasons they could have found couples from earlier that would want to come back. Glad it's not Rob and Amber though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom