The Age-Old Debate...

pat_naughty05

Original Poster
Disney vs. Universal. You guys have all seen it a hundred times, and will probably see it a hundred times again. However, I come with a request...

I love both resorts pretty equally, but I know there are those of you who do NOT feel the same way. This is a Disney board, and I know that there are several here who would take Disney over Universal any day. But why? Are you willing to go toe-to-toe with a couple of Universal fans, and discuss why you think Disney is better?

What I'm looking for are two people that feel that Disney is so superior to Universal, they would be willing to lend their opinions to the IOACentral Podcast in a few weeks. The call was put out on the Dis, but no one there would do it. We're not looking for a fight as much as we are a discussion, so understand that this will be a respectable conversation between fans of both resorts (two from each) to discuss what makes their resort better. If there is anyone here that would like to do it, simply post in this thread, and I will inform the gentleman that does the podcast. Thank you very much.

And just for clarification, when the thread for this was started on the Dis, it turned into a debate thread. We know that you have your opinions about the resorts, but instead of posting them here, volunteer to do the show! Hope to hear from some of you guys soon.

EDIT: I apologize if this thread is in the wrong section. I wasn't sure if I should put it here or in the UO section. Hope this is good.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am up for it. You can read through my posts and it will be quite obvious that I have a very open mind and know how to have a civil discussion. I have not been to Universal in several years and I would be happy to discuss why. I am not a complete US/IOA hater but it is definitely not where I choose to spend my money. I go to WDW around 12 times a year stay at WDW resorts and rarely eat off property. I will even be willing to go to the Universal parks with my interviewers (I will pay for my tickets, accomodations etc) and have them attempt to change my mind.

pat_naughty05

Original Poster
While the final decision is not up to me, it looks like we have two! I will inform Erik, the guy who does the podcast, and have him get in touch with you guys. Thanks, by the way. We're really glad to see that the first two posts are actual volunteers, as opposed to people willing to voice their opinion on the boards but not on the mic.

davewasbaloo

I'm up for it. We're going to WDW for 11 days and not planning on USO, and I'm happy to explain why.

BTW - I too am not a Universal Hater - I have been to USH about 18 times over the last 30 years, and USO twice. I will try to make to US Osaka when we head across to Japan in a few years. However, it's offerings are not family friendly. To me, Universal Studios is a fun day out. Disney is a pilgimage, borderline a religious experience.

MeTa

I could do it, I am going in november to WDW. I never read the whole threead so sorry or the jump-in comment. I just thought it was a debate in the forum. Keep me posted.:hammer:

pat_naughty05

Original Poster
I could do it, I am going in november to WDW. I never read the whole threead so sorry or the jump-in comment. I just thought it was a debate in the forum. Keep me posted.:hammer:

Actually, this is for a podcast that will be recorded within the next two weeks. We're looking for a few people to appear on the show. You can do so from anywhere by phone or computer with mic. We will have Disney and Universal fans go head-to-head about why their resort is better.

Imaginationeer

I would love to show everyone the evil and ignorance of PUNYversal! I could easily give 1 million reasons why universal is no where close to the exelence of WDW!!!

pat_naughty05

Original Poster
Who is the sponsor of this? Universal?

Erik, the guy who does the podcast, does this by himself. He has guests on the show (so far we've had several IOACentral members on, as well as some of the creative team behind HHN) every week and discusses a different topic each week. He just started it up not too long ago. He's on Episode 8 right now (the Disney VS. Universal show would presumably be Episode 9 or 10). Universal Orlando is not directly affiliated with the podcast, and there is currently no sponsor as far as I know.

Id love to do it!!!

I am one who personally cant stand Universal. The competition irritates me to no end and do not plan on ever visiting Universal again after the one time i have been there. DISNEY WORLD FOR LIFE!!!

IOACentralRadio

We are in no way affiliated with Universal, we have no connections or ties with Universal, we are a fan run podcast for fans by fans. We love theme parks first and foremost and talk about all of them, and all of the goings on. However, we focus mainly on Universal since it is the GREATEST park. :fork:

If anyone is interested in doing the show, it will be a few weeks as we have other commitments at this time, mainly this week we will be talking to the Scareactors and paying tribute. Next week, being the end of the haunt season, will be a haunt month review in which we'll talk about what we liked, didnt like and would like to see again about all Halloween attractions, including Mickeys not scary thing, Sea Worlds' Shamu Spooktacular, HHN, HOS and Nightmares.
The week after that we will do a show all about the Orlando Beerfest, and speak to some brewers that will be participating, and hopefully the week after that we will be LIVE from Beerfest, with perhaps a little drinking around the world at Epcot. So its looking like it will be the week of Thanksgiving before we get to the Vs. show. If you are still interested you can email me personally, message me using the boards, leave a message on myspace.com/ioacentral radio (where you can also listen to the show because you know you want to) or call our hotline at 772-905-2462(2IOA).
Coming up in November we will be doing a show live from EPCOT for the Holidays around the world, something I love every year, as well as possibly from Mickeys Christmas Party. Like I said, we love all the parks and arent so biased as to what we show support for.:drevil:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
We are in no way affiliated with Universal, we have no connections or ties with Universal, we are a fan run podcast for fans by fans. We love theme parks first and foremost and talk about all of them, and all of the goings on. However, we focus mainly on Universal since it is the GREATEST park. :fork:

If anyone is interested in doing the show, it will be a few weeks as we have other commitments at this time, mainly this week we will be talking to the Scareactors and paying tribute. Next week, being the end of the haunt season, will be a haunt month review in which we'll talk about what we liked, didnt like and would like to see again about all Halloween attractions, including Mickeys not scary thing, Sea Worlds' Shamu Spooktacular, HHN, HOS and Nightmares.
The week after that we will do a show all about the Orlando Beerfest, and speak to some brewers that will be participating, and hopefully the week after that we will be LIVE from Beerfest, with perhaps a little drinking around the world at Epcot. So its looking like it will be the week of Thanksgiving before we get to the Vs. show. If you are still interested you can email me personally, message me using the boards, leave a message on myspace.com/ioacentral radio (where you can also listen to the show because you know you want to) or call our hotline at 772-905-2462(2IOA).
Coming up in November we will be doing a show live from EPCOT for the Holidays around the world, something I love every year, as well as possibly from Mickeys Christmas Party. Like I said, we love all the parks and arent so biased as to what we show support for.:drevil:
:lookaroun

interesting.... and a little sketchy

:lol: oh yeh, ones opinion

IOACentralRadio

The time is finally nigh. We are taping the "Great Disney Debate" this weekend for air next week. If you havent check out the podcast yet, shame on you. And you call yourself disney fans, why miss out on something else to rip on Universal for? :lol:
You can always check it out at http://www.myspace.com/ioacentralradio
or you can do the super duper easy method and get it on itunes:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=201073897
Its fun, its easy, and its a good way to kill a half hour. This week we talk about things we've done in the past and what we'll be doing in the future, and yes we talk disney a little too. Hope you enjoy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom