Trip Report The Adventures of Sass and Frass

Hi everyone! I figure it’s finally time to get to work on this trip report!

Who: Myself, husband Nick, daughters Sage and Aria, ages 12 and 7 (they are the Sass and Frass 😂 )
When: March 5-11th 2023
Where: Polynesian

The trip is the first time back for my husband and kids post-Covid. Our last family trip was in January 2020, right before the world went crazy. That trip was unsuccessful to say the least. The kids whined about everything and fought constantly. We’ve taken many family trips over the years and during Covid, I got the idea to plan a solo trip for myself. My love for Disney started long before I had kids and I was always disappointed after our family trips. I felt like we spent so much money, dealt with constant bickering and behavior issues and I didn’t even get to do all the things I wanted to do. So as a reward for making it through all the quarantines and remote learning, I did my first solo trip in January 2022. It was AMAZING. I had the best time and I’d love to do it again someday.

This family trip was actually Nick’s idea. He stayed at the Polynesian once when he was young and really wanted to stay there again. I was hesitant only because it’s so expensive and I would rather spend that money elsewhere. We rented DVC for this trip and even with the savings compared to the rack rate, still paid over $600/night. Because of that, the trip was a bit shorter than usual and we only had 5 park days. Maybe it’s just me, but I would have preferred to stay somewhere cheaper and stay for a longer amount of time. But the DVC rental was successful and we were off!

Sunday 3/5

Our flight was at 6:30am. Aria couldn’t sleep the night before (typical for her) so we ended up leaving for the airport much earlier than planned. We actually arrived before security was even open. We had plenty of time to grab a quick bite and just hang out.

And we were finally on our way! Fly us to Disney!
4EBDC06F-C1D9-4986-8013-0D991B497B7E.jpeg
54BD0853-7E9C-48CC-9159-A305B7DFB0A6.jpeg
C4BCD687-FEF6-4500-B6C9-97DA9F643FC1.jpeg
00D8A0A9-3AFB-4027-85A0-1AACE1DB2851.jpeg

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Enjoyed your trip report! Do you ever watch Jared and Lindsay's YouTube channel? If not, you can probably find them by Googling the Broadway Bradshaws. I enjoy watching them and Molly's new channel, Mammoth Club. I still watch Allears on occassion but not as often because I feel like I'm aging out of their targeted demographic 🤣
Thank you! I didn’t realize Jared and Lindsay had a YouTube channel, I’ll have to check it out! Molly is definitely our fav. We actually found her on Allears right at the beginning of the pandemic. Sage’s school was closed and I wasn’t working and we were looking for something Disney related to cheer us up. In September 2020 when she went back to school, she was in person two days and remote 3 days. On her remote days, we would watch Molly videos during her lunch break. It gave something happy and fun to look forward to during a not so fun time.
I still watch Allears but not as much. I’m not a huge fan of some of the new people. I do love Quincy’s resort tours though! And of course we love everything on Mammoth Club!

LeighM

Thank you! I didn’t realize Jared and Lindsay had a YouTube channel, I’ll have to check it out! Molly is definitely our fav. We actually found her on Allears right at the beginning of the pandemic. Sage’s school was closed and I wasn’t working and we were looking for something Disney related to cheer us up. In September 2020 when she went back to school, she was in person two days and remote 3 days. On her remote days, we would watch Molly videos during her lunch break. It gave something happy and fun to look forward to during a not so fun time.
I still watch Allears but not as much. I’m not a huge fan of some of the new people. I do love Quincy’s resort tours though! And of course we love everything on Mammoth Club!

You're welcome! I've been watching Disney vloggers for a while but a lot of them are starting to annoy me. Molly, the Bradshaws, and Allears are the ones I watch most often. Sometimes, I'll watch Super Enthused or Cory Meets World depending on the topic.

Minnie1986

Hi everyone! I figure it’s finally time to get to work on this trip report!

Who: Myself, husband Nick, daughters Sage and Aria, ages 12 and 7 (they are the Sass and Frass 😂 )
When: March 5-11th 2023
Where: Polynesian

The trip is the first time back for my husband and kids post-Covid. Our last family trip was in January 2020, right before the world went crazy. That trip was unsuccessful to say the least. The kids whined about everything and fought constantly. We’ve taken many family trips over the years and during Covid, I got the idea to plan a solo trip for myself. My love for Disney started long before I had kids and I was always disappointed after our family trips. I felt like we spent so much money, dealt with constant bickering and behavior issues and I didn’t even get to do all the things I wanted to do. So as a reward for making it through all the quarantines and remote learning, I did my first solo trip in January 2022. It was AMAZING. I had the best time and I’d love to do it again someday.

This family trip was actually Nick’s idea. He stayed at the Polynesian once when he was young and really wanted to stay there again. I was hesitant only because it’s so expensive and I would rather spend that money elsewhere. We rented DVC for this trip and even with the savings compared to the rack rate, still paid over $600/night. Because of that, the trip was a bit shorter than usual and we only had 5 park days. Maybe it’s just me, but I would have preferred to stay somewhere cheaper and stay for a longer amount of time. But the DVC rental was successful and we were off!

Sunday 3/5

Our flight was at 6:30am. Aria couldn’t sleep the night before (typical for her) so we ended up leaving for the airport much earlier than planned. We actually arrived before security was even open. We had plenty of time to grab a quick bite and just hang out.

And we were finally on our way! Fly us to Disney!
View attachment 705144View attachment 705145View attachment 705146View attachment 705148
I've always been hesitant to do a solo Disney trip; glad to hear tha tyou enjoyed yours so much!

Minnie1986

Back when we first told the kids about the trip (we surprised them on Christmas) Sage asked if when we first got to the Poly, if we could get Dole Whips and eat them on the beach. So….

View attachment 705167View attachment 705168View attachment 705169View attachment 705170View attachment 705171View attachment 705172

After relaxing with our Dole Whips, I was really hungry for actual food so we mobile ordered from Captain Cook’s.
We split the pulled pork nachos and the aloha pork sandwich. Both delish!
View attachment 705173View attachment 705174
Those nachos look SO good!

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I've always been hesitant to do a solo Disney trip; glad to hear tha tyou enjoyed yours so much!

My solo trip has been my absolute favorite. It’s so amazing to go at your own pace, choose the rides in the order you want, choose all the food, rest when you want, leave when you want etc. And I’m very introverted so I love just being quiet and not having to talk or interact with anyone 😂 And having a whole hotel room to yourself is heavenly.

cgersic

My solo trip has been my absolute favorite. It’s so amazing to go at your own pace, choose the rides in the order you want, choose all the food, rest when you want, leave when you want etc. And I’m very introverted so I love just being quiet and not having to talk or interact with anyone 😂 And having a whole hotel room to yourself is heavenly.
I'm getting ready to embark on my first (mostly) solo trip in several years, and I just cannot wait - for all of the reasons you mention above!

Minnie1986

I'm also a HUGE introvert, but was worried that seeing so many ppl in Disney might make me feel lonely. I took my first ever solo trip of any kind this past spring to Scotland, and it was by far, the best vacation I've ever had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom