The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

sponono88

Last night's testing

Looks amazing! And that's with a limited view, no soundtrack, and missing so many of the effects we'll have in the park. It's about 2 minutes shorter than RDCT, but it seems to pack a lot more pyro. I like that it's almost non-stop continuous shells, whereas Remember had a lot of breaks in-between segments. And those rainbow spotlights look fantastic. Only 3 more weeks!!

VJ

An update on Peter Pan's refurbishment, it has been extended until July 1st according to the DPB. The Matterhorn is still expected to reopen by May 22nd.
*Deleted my previous post, I see where it says it now*

Well, that throws a wrench into many a Peter Pan's Flight fan's vacation...

Sage of Time

Great of Disneyland to throw Hatbox hours before the 22nd, but it's a little underwhelming that they won't have Pan ready. You'd think they could have planned better.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Great of Disneyland to throw Hatbox hours before the 22nd, but it's a little underwhelming that they won't have Pan ready. You'd think they could have planned better.

From what I have read around this site and others Disneyland had all this and more planned to be ready in plenty of time but everything was put on hold because of MM+ going over budget among other issues else where. The reason this seems last minute on the rides is because it is. They were canceled and brought back recently.

Sage of Time

From what I have read around this site and others Disneyland had all this and more planned to be ready in plenty of time but everything was put on hold because of MM+ going over budget among other issues else where. The reason this seems last minute on the rides is because it is. They were canceled and brought back recently.
THat's even more laughable, sadly.

George Lucas on a Bench

I'll be there on the 9th. But I am cautiously optimistic. I'm not expecting the Hatbox Ghost to be an on model functioning tribute to the original at this point, but some new creation. I'm just as interested to see what they do to the rest of the scene.

With all the time they're taking to refurb Peter Pan, they should have just rebuilt the ride and added a second row of seats like the Paris version to increase capacity.

George Lucas on a Bench

They're repainting Astro Blasters to Buzz Lightyear colors. I have to say that while I don't like the facades in Tomorrowland these days, this at least looks better. I mean, the facades are mostly just repurposed 1967 Tomorrowland facades with 1998 junk attached and absolutely nothing to distinguish them but a sign and ugly murals. This at least differentiates it somewhat and the brighter look for Tomorrowland is better, in my opinion.

i_WVb_G7m4_O.jpg

lazyboy97o

I never understood why Tomorrowland had to have only one single paint scheme. Neon green isn't a personal favorite, but I do like that deep red.

Bairstow

I believe you will thoroughly enjoy it. IMO it's still the overall best attraction on either coast. Disney or Uni.
We were not disappointed, and while we wouldn't have been able to tell, I've heard some chatter from guests around me that some new effects were added prior to today's soft opening. Something about the rolling boulder being enhanced in some way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom