Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's Go to Disney: a 4th of July Extravaganza

Hello everyone! We are back from the World so I figured I should start my Trip Report :)

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
424265731.jpeg

ANDDDD (you are not just stuck with the 2 of us)
My sister Elizabeth (we call her Betta) and my nephew Max
405625805.jpeg

Where?
The Contemporary :) This was Betta and Max's first stay at the Contemporary - Max's first Deluxe stay :)

When?
July 4-7, 2019

Why?
We all have off on Fridays so with the 4th being on a Thursday it was a free 4 day weekend!

The title?
Max liked to say that the 4 M's were going to Disney: Max, Mommy (Betta obviously), Megan, Mary :hilarious: My Mom pointed out the 4 M's and he loved it!

T-1 Day July 3, 2019
After work we headed to meet Betta and Max at the hotel we were staying at across the street from the airport. My sister and Max live about an hour away from us so it is much easier for them to stay at a hotel before a trip - especially one where we have to get up pretty early.
We had an incident bringing our suitcases up to the room and my Mom accidentally tripped on this sign so we felt the need to document it :hilarious:
giv+QBw+S5Gj0JEHe3R8kQ.jpg

c%OvHEx6SCaw7Hvr1d7LpQ.jpg

After we got Betta and Max settled into their room we headed to Cracker Barrel to get some dinner with my Dad before he dropped us off for the night.
We could see the airport from our room :)
Q9543DrpSKatUct8Kw9NIw.jpg

July 4, 2019 Day 1
We slept decently well and woke up at 4 am - this particular hotel we stayed in was much better than the usual one we stay in across from the airport so that was nice.
file-123.jpg

file-124.jpg

My sister drove us over to the Airport so we did not have to take the hotel shuttle. She parked in a lot I was very unfamiliar with and we ended up having to take a shuttle from there to the airport which took more time than I anticipated. Naturally I was stressed out. This parking lot is cheaper which makes sense but I am spoiled by where we usually park when we are with my Dad :joyfull:
Thankfully check-in and security were fast and we made our way to grab some food for breakfast.
IvU+CAKZRdSfMq6B0Jy4vw.jpg

My Mom and I had bagels
file-125.jpg

Max had some mini donuts and my sister had a breakfast sandwich
file-126.jpg

Next up: more traveling

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yah, my Disney prescription from Doc. by the looks of the airport picture, you also could see Canada from there too. Nice Pats MB...but that deflatable.. i mean debatable :cautious:, Go Hawks.;). Always love your TRs.

Not Canada just Canadian flag :)
PATS MB?!?!?!? are you referring to the colors?? I mean.. :grumpy::depressed:🤢🤮 EWWW! If anything they are more Bills colors than anything (but 4th of July colors mostly) GO BILLS

OMG, Max's response that "just being with you guys" is so damn cute. This is a great and adorable TR.

Aw thanks! Hes so cute sometimes!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Back at the Contemporary we grabbed some ears and headed down to brunch at ....Chef Mickey's! Don't lose hope when looking for reservations we found this one the night before on a whim!
I love these new props they have!
IMG_4352.JPG

IMG_4353.JPG

Max really wanted his picture with a waffle face :hilarious:
466814980.jpeg

We had a bit of a wait before being seated. Max was not thrilled - he was rolling around the ground at some point :rolleyes:
Finally we made it to our table!
I will start with random food plates - mix of all of ours
IMG_4342.JPG

IMG_4343.JPG

IMG_4344.JPG

Street corn and cheesy potatoes were especially delicious
DSC_0676.JPG

My Mom was happy to have waffles with strawberries and whipped cream
IMG_4345.JPG

They have Minnie waffles in addition to Mickey waffles !
IMG_4348.JPG

I forgot to take pictures of any desserts but we had plenty!
Everything was really good! We have had brunch here before but I feel like it was extra good this time. The only thing I missed was the ribs that they usually have :confused: I feel like breakfast at Chef Mickey's does not suit us since we don't eat a ton of breakfast foods but brunch is a perfect fit.

Next up: character time

Gurt

Max is adorable his favourite part of the day comment is so sweet what a lovely little man and your Epcot pictures are great. Happy belated birthday too.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
After our lunch we headed down to the pool
IMG_4350.JPG

We ended up finding Chip and Dale who were running around playing with all the pool toys :)
IMG_4356.JPG

IMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4360.JPG

IMG_4362.JPG

IMG_4363.JPG

At some point they asked to rent a boat and got life vests on :joyfull:
IMG_4366.JPG

After our pool time we spent some time relaxing in the room. My Mom and my sister surprised me with some champagne and a cupcake as an early birthday surprise! Pictures to come later :)
We decided to head back over to the MK for the evening.
It was literally so hot. We struggled down Main Street so much that we stopped for a PP picture :joyfull:
467120477.jpeg

467120453.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
After Barnstormer we picked up a FP for Under the Sea or whatever it is called - I'm too lazy to look up it's formal name :hilarious:
DSC_0743.JPG

DSC_0745.JPG

The ride had been shut down for awhile apparently and just reopened when we arrived. The FP line was long but not terrible. Stand-by must have been very long, though, because we saw tons of people leaving the line. They kept announcing that the ride was indeed open but I think people were just sick of waiting.
IMG_4371.JPG

DSC_0751.JPG

DSC_0756.JPG

After Ariel we picked up another FP for IASW. It was another slow pass line...
DSC_0758.JPG

DSC_0761.JPG

DSC_0769.JPG
DSC_0773.JPG

After our ride we did pick up another FP but the sky looked awful (see below) so we ended up heading out.
DSC_0774.JPG

Next up: Contemporary fun

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We took the monorail back to the Contemporary and it started to rain just as we got on it. Perfect timing.
We were all a little hungry so decided to grab some food at Contempo Cafe. Contempo Cafe is one of the resort restaurants that has mobile order but you can not customize it so we headed down to order.
My Mom, my sister and I all shared two pizzas:
Pepperoni - aka meatlovers without any other meat (the customization I was referring to)
IMG_4373.JPG

and the vegetarian pizza (Hummus, Balsamic Roasted Vegetables and Feta finished with Arugula and Balsamic Drizzle)
IMG_4374.JPG

Both were super yummy but I especially liked the veggie one!
Max got a cheeseburger which I do not think he ended up eating :hilarious: Too many snacks
IMG_4375.JPG

After our dinner we headed back up to the room (Max kept saying our room was so high it was near the sky haha) to celebrate my birthday :)
Champagne and cupcake. We split both things so it was the perfect amount of cupcake for everyone and champagne (well - we did not share the champagne with Max obviously :joyfull: )
IMG_4378.JPG

DSC_0777.JPG

fullsizeoutput_364b.jpeg

Since I happened to have my tripod and it stopped raining we decided to head downstairs to take some photos
fullsizeoutput_364e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3650.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3652.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3657.jpeg

Next up: more photos

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom