The 2019 WDWMagical Mystical Tour!

Voxel

President of Progress City
View attachment 433631

FINALE: LOOKING TO TOMORROW
Once again, thank you to everyone who has participated in the WDWMagical Tour!

Now, we look onwards. Next year will bring lots of new opportunities. We should think about all the stuff we've learned here and try to apply it to our future projects. If you have a personal project idea, try at it!

But I would also like to challenge you more directly next year. The Sorcerer's Apprentice will be returning next year for its sixth and (for a couple of years) final season. I challenge you to participate; if not as a contestant a guest judge, if not as a guest judge a viewer. If the last seasons have anything to show, the projects created here will be among the finest of 2020's Armchair Imagineering.

CLICK HERE TO EMBARK!

But whatever your passion, be it a competition as above or a personal project, writing or art, or realistic vs blue sky, I hope you enjoyed this year's WDWMagical. This has been @Outbound , signing off.

View attachment 433636
I can't wait to show you guys what I have been working on. I have been fairly quiet the last few months between work and private life. I haven't gotten my ideas as flesh out as I would like, but I'm hoping to start the new year recharged and ready to put paper to pen and make my ideas coime to life. I can't wait to share what I have been working on!

kmbmw777

The more I look at Sorcerer's Apprentice 5 the more I realize how insane it is. Exactly how much did it take to accomplish something so vast within a set timeframe? I know you've said it involved lots of planning, and writing up beforehand, but how much of the SA5 was finished when you posted the hype thread? Started the season? How did the three of you decide on a winner so quickly? Basically I'm really curious about how this all went down behind the scenes.
Holy fork finals have kept me busy!

The three of us had a 95 page just open brainstorming thread (as well as a few smaller ones for post drafts). I would say when the hype thread started, we all had a pretty good idea of what the overarching story would be as well as all of the prompts, though we did have many backup prompts in case things changed or we saw a sudden interest in one area.

Basically, when it came to judging all three of us would basically list our thoughts on who deserved what and why. I think for all but one round we were in complete agreement. We also read through judge's commentary and tried to look at brainstorming threads when making decisions to try and gauge activity.

I'm sure @D Hindley could word all of this better than I could. He is a master of words and art! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom