Trip Report "That's not Ben!"

This trip report is brought to you by covid 19.
I hadn't planned to do a report, but I'm not working at the moment so I thought I'd relive our trip by sharing it with y'all.
When: March 6-11
Who: myself, E @MSUJafar and A @StupidJudy98
Why: A hasn't been on a trip with us since 2017. It's her senior year at Wayne State University, and this was her Spring Break. For those of you who know that I'm a teacher, that means I was playing hooky. Not to worry though, I left excellent lesson plans for the days I was out.
Where: Shades of Green resort. We didn't have enough DVC points and since E works for the Department of Defense, we are eligible to stay there.

654288798.jpeg

I had to throw this in for laughs! Callum, was that you?!

I worked on Friday, March 6th. It killed me not to be able to tell my kiddos that I was going, especially when they were watching "Happily Ever After". We have "Fireworks Friday" and they watch it every Friday morning.
I had caught a ride to work with a friend that morning since the airport is only about 10 minutes from my school. E and A picked me up at 3:30 and we were on our way to catch our 6:00 flight.
I have zero pictures from that evening, so here's a summary:
  • We had Chicken Tortilla soup at Max and Erma's (They're all closed in Michigan except for the one at the airport)
  • Our flight was uneventful. We landed a little early.
  • We had a little trouble locating our driver which caused E to leave his carry on at the airport. I guess we're so spoiled by Magical Express that we had trouble keeping track of all our bags! E had to Uber back to the airport the next morning to pick it up. Not the best way to start the trip, but I was able to push back our Kona breakfast ADR so he wouldn't miss it.
  • Our hired car included a stop at a grocery store, so we picked up some water and other drinks and snacks.
  • We were tired, E was understandably cranky anticipating his 5:30 alarm and it was late, so we went to bed.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Thanks for another great TR. This may sound odd, but I always love your food and drink style. I mean, of course a Violet lemonade would be good with vodka! Wouldnt any drink???
I love the patriotic Mickey at SOG!!! Thanks for sharing that picture.
Good luck for June. 🤞
Be well...

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your trip. It helped make the past two weeks stuck at home a little nicer 😀
That's very sweet of you to say!
I enjoyed following along very much and I hope your June plans work out well!
Thanks...me too!
Thanks for the fun read! Our April dates were similar, so I’m feeling your pain.
Oh man! You mean I may have been able to get a Tuvalu card?! So disappointed!
Thanks for another great TR. This may sound odd, but I always love your food and drink style. I mean, of course a Violet lemonade would be good with vodka! Wouldnt any drink???
I love the patriotic Mickey at SOG!!! Thanks for sharing that picture.
Good luck for June. 🤞
Be well...
Thanks! With all this time I have on my hands, maybe I can find a Violet lemonade copycat recipe and add some vodka. If I find one I'll totally share it!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
View attachment 459304
@Darstarr I’m not sure where I’d find violet petals, but I read that Monin makes a violet syrup.
I guess you could grow Violets and “harvest” the petals? My Gma always had indoor violets. I always killed the houseplant variety😞
I sometimes have Violas in my garden. This looks like what they are using in the recipe. I may have to get me some and give this a try!!!
Thanks👍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom