That uncontrolable happiness

mickey04

Just woke up this morning realizing my WDW trip was only 9 days away! I really dont mean to rub it in, but this unbelievable feeling of happiness came over me. I woke up, not tired, but full of energy, and singing "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah." I can hardly imagine what I'll be like next Monday when we actually go!

Any one know that pre-Disney feeling I'm talking about? it kinda makes you forget about all the bad stuff about the Disney Co. and just remember how truely magical it can be, and the indescribable joy it brings to those who still believe in wishing upon a star. 9 DAYS!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Big Al's Gal

I always break out the '96 Disney vacation planning videos.. (Classic:animwink: ) and watch that a few thousand times every day.

And although I'm ecstatic for a few weeks before we leave, I get most excited on the buses on the way to the parks, when we first arrive..

:D :D +:sohappy: :sohappy: +:hammer: +:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: = Me.. :p

Upvote 0

David

I know exactly how you all feel! That ceretain Disney Buzz is be the most fun feeling, and the only cure is to be at the world again. It's 242 days till our next visit, but whenever we are in the car, we love to play "What we want to do at WDW". Till then, the Disney Forums and video's will have to suffice.

Upvote 0

mickey04

Original Poster
Originally posted by Big Al's Gal
I always break out the '96 Disney vacation planning videos.. (Classic:animwink: ) and watch that a few thousand times every day.

OMG I just watched that two days ago! It really is better than the new one, it just has a much more WDW feel to it, I dont really know why.

Just checked the forecast for Tuesday (our first full day), changed from mostly sunny to RAIN!! They better change that back. Its the one day of the whole year that I just want to be sunny for that first look down Main Street USA! Oh, well, its still a week away and could change back but I'm still a little discouraged that it might rain on my parade (literally).

Oh well, ONE WEEK TO GO!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

The "I remember" Game!

My DH and I play the "I remember" game until we fall asleep when the trip gets REALLY close! One of us (usually me) will start with "I remember ..." and state something I recall from the trip. Then he'll go. And then me... until we fall asleep! It's great fun! :)

We're looking to plan a cruise in 2005/2006 (I want to go over new years!) on the DCL.

I keep pictures from our last WDW trip on my desk at work. :) I look forward to it so much, I page through them all the time! We're planning on moving to Celebration soon (hopefully).
~Jay

Upvote 0

candyman

lady darling after reading your signature

you will be please to see the long close down for refurb of small world -nearly a year

and including the month we are there -im gutted ive been telling my kids how good it is especially as we could take the wheel chair on there -it make a big difference

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

He he... I like Small World. I can stand it about once every 2 years. My group decided that "Great big Beautiful Tomorrow" was worse as far as getting a song stuck in your head.

The one in WDW is perfect length. The one in Disneyland is longer and it just gets to be too much by the end! :)
~J.Darling

Upvote 0

candyman

hard to believe but my 17year old who is in to greb stuff and real weird music really like COP and sungs great big.... all the time we are in WDW

Upvote 0

disneygirl03

I am so jealous of all of you going on trips soon! :( :cry: :cry: I was just there, but I really want to go back, but I don't know when that will be. So if anyone has an extra plane ticket, or is willing to adopt me for a day, you know who to ask! ;) :lookaroun Not me of course...:D

Upvote 0

KCat

I think I'm going to send my hubby this thread. He's getting so annoyed with my constant Disney talk, but he's never been! Hopefully the trip will get him hooked. Or maybe he'll ditch me after the first 2 days. :lol:

Upvote 0

candyman

kcat i feel for you
i have more or less stopped talking to mandy about it because im sure she doesnt listen
i have just had an e mail from Vtouch , we are traveing with virgin , in upper class for the first time ever and i want it to be so special for mandy ,so i asked them about booking a pre flight massage, one of their free perks, and surprisingly they have provionaly book it for me with out having to ask them to even though it is still 270 days away, i was real excited about the great service and rushed to tell her just to be greeted with "uh ok" i think she is all holidayed out even now. so ill have to content myself with just talking to you guys here ,i know you all understand how i feel .:lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

dicke

WDW, Here we come!

We're heading back to WDW the first of November with our 4 year old grandson. We're staying in a "Lagoon View" room at the Polynisian, where I stayed the 1st time I went to WDW in the early 70's. Then a room was $50 a night; now it's $400-$500!!

That's inflaton for you.
The last trip I took to WDW was about 7 years ago, just my wife and I. Our 1st day there was the last day of a Huricane, and it was still wet, windy and nasty. I assumed WDW would be closed, and was surprised when I called and was told they would be open for busniess. We donned our rain gear (we were going on a bike tour after WDW) and set out. It turned out to be one of the most pleasurabe days I ever stent at WDW! No crowds; we were even able to stay on some ride 2 and 3 times in a row without getting off.

Morale:
Don't dispair over lousey weather, just dress properly and enjoy the benefits!

Upvote 0

candyman

funny observation here

when its raining at wdw just check this out

all the folks you see NOT wearing rain coats or those bright ponchos are brits just listen to their voices and i think youll see its true

also if you are driving down the 192 same applies if you see anyone walking --its a brit

just a national thing i suppose
we are so used to the rain we dont bother when it comes and at home lots more people walk everywhere

Upvote 0

mickey04

Original Poster
Well it's now just hours away and that "uncontrollable happiness" has officially taken over. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments.

(And BTW, our first day is no longer looking like rain!)

Expect a massive trip report when i get back! Bye all!
:wave:

Upvote 0

josh_e_washie

I know exactly what you are talking about! I love that feeling! As weird as it sounds, I actually get that sometimes when I look at pics of Disney World or talk about it with friends.:)

Upvote 0

Hank Scorpio

Originally posted by candyman
funny observation here

when its raining at wdw just check this out

all the folks you see NOT wearing rain coats or those bright ponchos are brits just listen to their voices and i think youll see its true

also if you are driving down the 192 same applies if you see anyone walking --its a brit

just a national thing i suppose
we are so used to the rain we dont bother when it comes and at home lots more people walk everywhere

Just to stick up for us brits, last September we had quite a bit of rain yet we didn't let it stop us. We grabed some ponchos and hit all the rides! ;)

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

We weren't going to go back this year... but...

DH and I weren't going to go back to WDW this year. We were going to save our money and get into a house a little faster. We had come to this DIFFICULT decision before our trip last year with friends.

As fun as that trip was... it wasn't just the two of us and we felt like we had a blast, but missed our "couple's time". In case you think we're being selfish, allow me to give you our schedule -
DH works 5 days a week (Tuesday, Thrusday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and goes to college for the other 2 (Mon, Wed). I work 5 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) and have reheresal for my latest show at night for those 5 days, so I get off around 5:30 from work and have to be in the theater by 7pm. Usually rehersals last until around 11pm. So we see each other for a grand total of about 3 hours a day (5 on weekends when he doesn't work late). And we have room mates (who are both decidedly single) and live in a very small house, so privacy is a thing of the past. So that week away is our saving grace!

We started to get VERY depressed while we were there last year, to think we wouldn't be doing this again for over a year. That was when the dam broke and we decided we HAD to come back! :)

So I'm hunting around for deals as we speak! Even though it's not until the first week in Decemeber!
~Jay

Upvote 0

candyman

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
Just to stick up for us brits, last September we had quite a bit of rain yet we didn't let it stop us. We grabed some ponchos and hit all the rides! ;)

hey i wasnt knocking the brits

I AM ONE TOO

just passing comment
and there is no way you wouyld get me in one of those ponchos things
but also there is no way you would stop me doing things
i just get wet!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom