That Turkey Leg!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok,I've tried lots of foodie favourites that Disney fans have had but yet to indulge in the famous turkey leg.My question is do you like it or not?:shrug:It looks huge,no way do we have turkeys that size in Scotland.So is it a must at least once on a Disney vacation?:wave:

ddbowdoin

ah, it's one of those things I ALWAYS talk about, ALWAYS order, and essentially ALWAYS dislike. It's oddly smoked, pinkish... and pretty far from what we know of turkey, when we think of it in terms of a thanksgiving dinner. Alas, I'll continue to partake at least one a trip... go figure!

jlevis

This is a must do on our upcoming trip. Smoked turkey is great! It will be my birthday present to myself!!! :sohappy:

dave&di

Never tried one, never will! Too grisly and fatty for me! Doesn't even look appetising to me either. :hurl:

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Lol.

We don't either. The "turkey" legs actually come from guests who think "keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times" is a suggestion instead of a requirement.

Love your answer,that's it,ain't watching a zombie movie before my vacation :ROFLOL:

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Agree But Hey!

Never tried one, never will! Too grisly and fatty for me! Doesn't even look appetising to me either. :hurl:

We were standing in the queue for Fantasmic and behind us were 200 Brazilians eating those giant dino legs,munch!munch!slop!slop!and I got to thinking,hey,is that what makes Brazil the greatest football team in the world.So this year Iam shipping home two hundred of these babies to give to our national squad,and who knows maybe Scotland will lift the world cup..?Hold on,the magic only happens in WDW.Oh well,back to reality.:wave:

dave&di

We were standing in the queue for Fantasmic and behind us were 200 Brazilians eating those giant dino legs,munch!munch!slop!slop!and I got to thinking,hey,is that what makes Brazil the greatest football team in the world.So this year Iam shipping home two hundred of these babies to give to our national squad,and who knows maybe Scotland will lift the world cup..?Hold on,the magic only happens in WDW.Oh well,back to reality.:wave:

Aww poor Scotland! You never know there could be an England v Scotland final! :rolleyes:

Phonedave

I like the taste, but they are horribly huge (I can eat one, trust me, I just don't need that many calories and I feel bad throwing it away).

They are also not, in my opinion, a walking around the park food. Man are they messy.

-dave

plaz10

My fiance and I usually split one. I like to dip it in honey mustard. Yum. It's only a once per trip kind of snack. I think the weirdness of it is why we always do it.

And we take the meat off the bone - we don't bite into it. Except for that first bite so you can get a picture of it!

GSUMouse

A must do on every trip!!!

I can remember when I used to look at people eating these massive things and feel bad for them... However after some convincing from a friend I decided to try one, I absolutely loved it!!! I now feel as if my trip to WDW is not complete if I do not have at least one while I am there. In recent trips I have noticed that they have become increasingly difficult to find in every park, I feel that DHS is the easiest by far. This could be due to the messiness involved with eating these legs, however I will continue to indulge every chance I get without fail.

JIMINYCR

Man are they messy.

Buying a Turkey leg is on our agenda of must things to do.
When we get them we do two things. First, grab a handful of napkins. Two, Strategically sit near a restroom where upon finishing the Turkey Leg, we thoroughly wash both hands and face to remove greasy mess. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom