Pre-Trip That is it. That is IT! I've had it! (Update: Canceling Trip) - Update 2: I have two Tickets for Boo Bash...

Booked a trip after two years too long. I'm done and need my Disney fix. We even booked flights for this trip. Never have done that, but it sounds better than driving for 8 straight hours there and 8 hours back.

We're doing it! Going for my 35th birthday.

Happy So Excited GIF

And for anyone who is curious, both my husband and I are fully Covid-19 vaccinated and are mask wearers. (not that anyone asked, lol)

Going to Disney World, Going to Disney World....We are going to Disney World!!!!!
disney land GIF

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I'm so sorry to hear! We are actually very close to canceling our August trip due to the numbers too. Did you buy the Boo Bash tickets - were you able to get any of your money back?
I reached out to Disney and asked if there were any possibilities of getting a refund for the Boo Bash.

Their response:
"While tickets are non refundable, you may apply the value of fully unused tickets towards a future ticket purchase of equal or greater value."

MickeyCB

Very sorry to hear about your trip. Your were obviously very excited.
We're going in October and I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable with the Delta issue. My husband is considered immunocompromised (but is vaccinated and hopefully protected) and we will have an unvaccinated 10 month old with us. We are still going ahead with plans at this time....

Tony the Tigger

Anyone have good news to share? 🥺 We could use a small pick me up at this point.
So far we’re still on for 8/27-8/31 unless the rest of heck breaks loose by then. Room is booked, but no park tix yet, just in case.

But I get it. We were supposed to DCL 🚢 this year, pushing that back to next year.

I hope your schedule is flexible enough to be able to go back sooner rather than later!

Pirate Magic

So sorry you had to cancel your plans😭. I know how you feel it is such a hard decision to make. When I made that choice last year my heart was broken. I hope things start to look better in September when I am scheduled to go.

Songbird76

Very sorry to hear about your trip. Your were obviously very excited.
We're going in October and I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable with the Delta issue. My husband is considered immunocompromised (but is vaccinated and hopefully protected) and we will have an unvaccinated 10 month old with us. We are still going ahead with plans at this time....
Are you vaccinated as well? What I'm hearing is that the Delta variant is still hitting vaccinated people, but that they get it less severely. If you aren't vaccinated, you might want to consider getting it just so the affects might not be as severe if you do get it.

@KBLovesDisney , I'm so sorry you had to cancel! I'm wondering if Disney is going to be forced to reduce capacity again anyway. Over here, our government lifted most of the restrictions and people could travel pretty freely for about 2 weeks. Then cases increased exponentially and we were black-balled again by most other countries. We can't even cross the border into Germany to tank up our car unless we can show a negative test result. A lot of people are still plowing through with vacations, but we're doing day trips to do fun things. Yesterday we went to a Virtual Reality experience, then a sort of museum with light exhibits called Motion, and out for a nice dinner at a sort of Tapas restaurant in Eindhoven. It just doesn't feel safe or responsible to travel at the moment. We went into a drugstore (Kind of like CVS, I guess?) to get deodorant because my son and husband were sweating so badly after the VR thing that they needed it, and I put a mask on because it was so crowded in there!! Maybe you could plan some fun excursions, like to a zoo, or museum or something so you have something to look forward to and feel like you got a vacation without actually having to travel and stay in a hotel, etc?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Are you vaccinated as well? What I'm hearing is that the Delta variant is still hitting vaccinated people, but that they get it less severely. If you aren't vaccinated, you might want to consider getting it just so the affects might not be as severe if you do get it.

@KBLovesDisney , I'm so sorry you had to cancel! I'm wondering if Disney is going to be forced to reduce capacity again anyway. Over here, our government lifted most of the restrictions and people could travel pretty freely for about 2 weeks. Then cases increased exponentially and we were black-balled again by most other countries. We can't even cross the border into Germany to tank up our car unless we can show a negative test result. A lot of people are still plowing through with vacations, but we're doing day trips to do fun things. Yesterday we went to a Virtual Reality experience, then a sort of museum with light exhibits called Motion, and out for a nice dinner at a sort of Tapas restaurant in Eindhoven. It just doesn't feel safe or responsible to travel at the moment. We went into a drugstore (Kind of like CVS, I guess?) to get deodorant because my son and husband were sweating so badly after the VR thing that they needed it, and I put a mask on because it was so crowded in there!! Maybe you could plan some fun excursions, like to a zoo, or museum or something so you have something to look forward to and feel like you got a vacation without actually having to travel and stay in a hotel, etc?
Thank you. We recently did a small outing to our local zoo a couple of weekends ago, but there is currently no mask mandate of any kind. It is just 'highly encouraged', which even at that point, does no good. I don't even feel safe going to the grocery store because there a very little mask wearing.

I am vaccinated, but I still mask up regardless and hand sanitize when I can. It is a crazy world we live in now for sure.

Side note: Before we decided to cancel the trip (which my husband left that decision fully up to me), I bought a Disney Halloween t-shirt and Halloween ears from etsy...Boo. Boo I say.

Speaking of VR, I do have a VR headset at home and have found out that I absolutely love the Walkabout Mini Golf game. I most likely will keep my birthday a full VR/stay-at-home excursion at this point.

I love Disney so much, but the theme park can wait. I don't want to put our health (and others) at risk at this point in time.
images

MickeyCB

All of the eligible adults in our family are vaccinated.
And yes, no vaccine is infallible but the severity of illness if you do still get Covid is usually much less severe.
Our concern is that while we are conscientious with mask wearing etc. if one of us does get it we can transmit to my husband or the baby and there is no way to predict the severity of the illness they might experience.

jimbojones

I reached out to Disney and asked if there were any possibilities of getting a refund for the Boo Bash.

Their response:
"While tickets are non refundable, you may apply the value of fully unused tickets towards a future ticket purchase of equal or greater value."
I too canceled a trip because of the covid numbers in Florida, and also have boo bash tickets.
I got the same response that the unused ticket value can be credited toward a future ticket purchase. I hope I can use the money I spent for tix for next years Halloween party when hopefully my young kids will be vaccinated and the adults will all have had booster shots.

FlaggNL

hej, your message about cancellation is a while ago... but feeling sorry for you and totally understand... we had to cancel in October 2020 and since then there is no possibility for us Europeans to travel to USA and even if we are allowed we wait because of the pandemic... off course we will be back.. but who knows when...... luckily and badly we have the PTR and TR's of people.... always bnice to see people are enjoying the most magical places in the world.... but also pushing myself by reading about them and see all the great pictures!

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I’m hearing people are getting refunds or at least credit towards any future WDW tickets on those if they are staying home because of Covid, might be worth a shot.
I tried to get a refund, but they wouldn't let me and said I could use it for future purchase tickets. We don't plan on going back anytime soon now so I am gifting them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom