That Final Farewell!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
So your vacation is coming to its end.What park do you say farewell!? For us it's always MK. As we leave it,I'am usually filming & narrating at the same time,( tear in my eye ) And I recite these famous lyrics. " And now,the end is near,I'll say so long,to my pal Mickey.Its been,a real great year,dodging the tour groups,sometimes can be tricky.We've been,to every park,and sailed the boat,across the bay.Much more,much more than this,I did it my way.Yes they were times,I'am sure you knew.When I bit off,more than I could chew.But through it all,when there was doubt,I tried that leg,but spit it out.I done it all,and had a ball,I did it my way." :rolleyes:

juniorthomas

So your vacation is coming to its end.What park do you say farewell!? For us it's always MK. As we leave it,I'am usually filming & narrating at the same time,( tear in my eye ) And I recite these famous lyrics. " And now,the end is near,I'll say so long,to my pal Mickey.Its been,a real great year,dodging the tour groups,sometimes can be tricky.We've been,to every park,and sailed the boat,across the bay.Much more,much more than this,I did it my way.Yes they were times,I'am sure you knew.When I bit off,more than I could chew.But through it all,when there was doubt,I tried that leg,but spit it out.I done it all,and had a ball,I did it my way." :rolleyes:

I try for MK as well. It all begins and ends on Main Street.

PolynesianPrincess

For us also, it is MK. Well, usually. In May 2011 it was AK (we had a flight change and had ADRs we had already booked and the only day we could switch was our AK day.) This past trip it was Epcot because it was Epcot's 30th birthday and there was no way we couldn't go to Epcot on its birthday! :) But on our November 2011 trip and our May 2012 trip, it was MK. Also this coming May and September trips, the final park will be MK.

R W B

Magic Kingdom. It's my girlfriends favorite. Last December we went to a Xmas party our last night and we stayed up front by the tree just taking it all on at closing and we managed to be the last people out of MK. They had a photographer walking up main st snapping pics and right behind him was the wall of cast members walking to the main gates clearing it all out. Somehow we ended up behind that guy walking out so we were last! Lol

Gonzo79

We always spend our last full day and night at Mk. We get there usually around 9am,and dont leave until closing time.And if theres evening EMHs, we'll stay for them too. Plus right before we do leave the park,I become the worlds slowest walker and I always stop in front of the train station and turn to face the castle to get one last look and give a little thanks for a great time.

93boomer

Hatter you just made me laugh and cry at the same time!! We almost always go to Epcot for our last day. I have to go on Soarin and DH goes on M Space. We usually walk around WS if we have time and get food. Then, we slowly head out to catch the bus to our resort so we can leave. I am so touched how many people get teary like me when they leave! I always feel stupid crying! Now I won't feel bad any more cause you all do it too!!:)

bubbles1812

We are always in the Magic Kingdom on the last full day of our trip. (Sometimes if we are lucky enough, will get a few hours in a park on day we leave too). Everything is all about going on "favorites" so riding Haunted Mansion 4 or 5 times isn't out of the question.

Our last ride is always Pirates of the Caribbean, which is a tradition that started with out first trip... My littlest brother was 3 at the time, and he loved that ride like nothing else. He desperately wanted to get the toy guns they sell, which we got him to his delight on the last day. And during the trip, if we weren't riding it, he'd be saying "want to go to cary-been." So on our last night, in the last 30 minutes, we saw how many times we could ride it. Ran around and around and around. We've now done that every trip. And we always make sure to ask him if he wants to go on pirates of the cary-been.

Last looks.. Always one picture taken from the hub looking down to Main Street and then one last picture taken looking back up Main Street towards the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom