Thankyou to the US goverment- "I am going to Disney World"

capecodhome

I am hoping with the extra tax money the goverment is giving to us to put back in the economy, I will put money down for a vacation in 2009 :sohappy:.

DisneyChik17

I am so excited about this check! I am working my first job and an having an issue with FICA and their greedy hands. LOL! I can't wait to get my money back! YAY!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Tell me about it, teachers at my private school are like freaking out, but one teacher is happy shes going to dw with her tax return, how ironic

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Yup same here. Tax return time always means booking something :lol: It's my reward for busting my 'you know what' all year!

This year though, besides my usual picking of the Disney resort, I'm trying to get to New Orleans and NYC. I think I better keep busting my 'you know what'

:rolleyes::eek:

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

As above post states, checks won't be mailed until late May, early June. Checks will also vary in amount from $300 - $1200, depending on filing status and (possibly) number of children in the family.

Not to burst anyone's bubble.

Upvote 0

Figment626

Last I heard...I could be wrong..... but I heard it's $600 per person(hence $1200 for married couples) and then it's $300 for each child.

Shocks me that I never thought about a Disney vactation when I heard about this stimulus plan today. Maybe we can finally get down to WDW during the christmas or halloween holiday!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

Last I heard...I could be wrong..... but I heard it's $600 per person(hence $1200 for married couples) and then it's $300 for each child.

Shocks me that I never thought about a Disney vactation when I heard about this stimulus plan today. Maybe we can finally get down to WDW during the christmas or halloween holiday!! :sohappy:

That is also what I heard on about 4 different news channels. I'm not thinking WDW trip yet, but my money is going into a savings account which may help with a later vacation.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I believe the $300 figure is for people who make at least $3,000, but did not have to pay any taxes because of their low income. At some point (I don't know what that point is), it jumps up to $600 for a single filer. So most people will see $600 per adult taxpayer.

-Rob

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

People who do not pay taxes will get $300 single and $600 couple
People who pay taxes will get $600 single and $1200 couple..
That is what I saw on Cnn..may be wrong..

I also know there are other things regarding children.

Upvote 0

bears163

it is nice to use that for a vacation but you do realize you have to pay it back at the end of the year. same thing they did a few years ago but we got 600 instead. i did not know when you filed you tax return at the end of the year they took it back again.....IMO this will not do anything to the economy since we have to pay it back...whats the point. ours will go towards paying off a credit card. but we are still going to disney anyway, hope you do to

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So...

You're grateful to the Government because they're giving you back your money?

No wonder politicians invariably have self-satisfied, smug looks on their faces 24/7...

:dazzle:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
it is nice to use that for a vacation but you do realize you have to pay it back at the end of the year. same thing they did a few years ago but we got 600 instead. i did not know when you filed you tax return at the end of the year they took it back again.....IMO this will not do anything to the economy since we have to pay it back...whats the point. ours will go towards paying off a credit card. but we are still going to disney anyway, hope you do to
You do not have to give it back but it will be reported as income on your 2008 taxes so Uncle Sam will get his cut in the end.

It looks like we will be getting $2100 if I worked the math correctly (me+ wife + 3 kids) and it will go directly into savings. Until the housing market picks up there are far to many rainy days on the horizon.

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

You do not have to give it back but it will be reported as income on your 2008 taxes so Uncle Sam will get his cut in the end.

It looks like we will be getting $2100 if I worked the math correctly (me+ wife + 3 kids) and it will go directly into savings. Until the housing market picks up there are far to many rainy days on the horizon.
Correct. The refund will count as taxable income against you for 2008, thereby slightly lowering your potential refund in 2009 or slightly raising what you could owe.

As for us, we'll be paying off some debt and using some to help out our 25th wedding anniversary Disneyland trip fund.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
So...

You're grateful to the Government because they're giving you back your money?

No wonder politicians invariably have self-satisfied, smug looks on their faces 24/7...

:dazzle:

We only paid out about $2,000 in federal and state taxes and with this all the credits and our refund we're getting back $9,000 this year. :lol: I'm pretty cool with that math!

We're using $4,800 of it to pay off our last piece of debt other than the mortgage, and putting the rest in savings.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Correct. The refund will count as taxable income against you for 2008, thereby slightly lowering your potential refund in 2009 or slightly raising what you could owe.

As for us, we'll be paying off some debt and using some to help out our 25th wedding anniversary Disneyland trip fund.

Us as well. We'll probably use some towards my son's braces too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom