Thanksgiving Week Vs Pre - Christmas Help?

Hello,

For those who have been and I know it is going to be crowded either way.
I am looking at going either

November 18-27 which included Thanksgiving the 24th or
December 16-24 leaving Christmas Eve morning, so the 23rd would be our last day.

Any idea which will be more crowded? I know both will be but is one better than the other historically? I have looked at touring plans but I want some help from folks who have been!

Thanks!

mickeysshoes

2007 I was in WDW for Thanksgiving. I have to say I did not think it was that bad. I found Spring Break to be worse. I love the idea of being in the world on holidays!!! I have never been the week leading up to Christmas but I would think the first part of the week would be OK crowds wise and by the end of the week it will get busier with each passing day!! Either way you will get the all the decorations so there is no difference there. I personal would choose the week of Thanksgiving. I would not like getting home the 24th and then have to deal with Christmas and unpacking all at the same time!!! Good luck picking...either way you really cant go wrong!!!

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

You never know from year to year, but my experience has found Thanksgiving to be less crowded than Christmas. Several factors (economy, trends, weather up North, etc.) may change the outlook, but I can tell you that generally, December will be more busy as schools let the kids loose for two weeks and the Christmas frenzy hits high gear.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
With those dates it really is a toss-up. You'll get a rise in the crowd levels for both as the holidays approach. We've been at essentially both time frames you're looking at (and are considering the latter for this year). With either you'll just have to be up on any reservations you want, and to try and plan accordingly for EMH (if you're staying on-site; I forgot) and perhaps get as much park time in as you can on the front end of your trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom