Thanksgiving week.... how crowded?

ajmanns

We are planning on being in Disney World the whole week of Thanksgiving. I have heard the the crowds can get heavier for Thanksgiving Day and the weekend after, but how about the 5 or 6 days before Thanksgiving Day?

mhead

went last year during this time - few days before were not crowded at all - day before thanksginving VERY crowded and got worse from there.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

I typically go over Thanksgiving week each year, this year being an exception, and each year it has been just fine. Not too crowded at all. Thanksgiving Day is the worst day, but other than that it always seems nice to me.

Upvote 0

~Minnie*Mouse~

We went to for Thanksgiving in 2001. It was packed. Thin before but packed after. Till Sunday. We wanted to see the parks decorated for X-Mas. The parks were beautiful but the crowds weren't. On Monday the parks weren't busy. We opened the MK and MGM on that trip. It turned out great. But when isn't it!!!!

Upvote 0

rljslo

In 1999, we arrived the Saturday before Thanksgiving and left the Saturday after. We prepped big time for crowds - We were the 1st ones at the MK gate in the morning. I had mini maps and tour routes from the Unofficial Guide. Two months prior to our trip I had the kids practice wind sprints with full backpacks every morning and night (ok I'm kidding - but only a little bit)

But...

From the Saturday we arrived till Thanksgiving day, we practically owned the park. I have a picture of my daughters lying down on Main Street reading their park map with noone else in view. From that point, we ditched the preplanned route and went where we wanted. On Thanksgiving day, (as we enjoyed our turkey leg - or is it ostrich leg - in the Animal Kingdom) the parks filled up and stayed that way till we left. I'd go again that week in a heartbeat.

This year, (our kids first return trip and our - my wife and I - fourth trip), we are arriving 4th of July week. Needless to say the wind sprints with full packs are back in gear, my son taking Fastpass practice at the ATM, and my youngest is hanging from the bannister every day in order to meet the Rock n' Roller Coaster height requirement. Wish us luck and the same to you.
rl

Upvote 0

ajmanns

Original Poster
Thanks so much for your opinions! I think it's going to be ok to go over that week. I feel much better now after reading your replies. I will start our kids on the sprints too! LOL. Actually, my 12 year old son plays football, and he is starting his summer workout (complete with sprints), so he will be ready at least! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom