Thanksgiving Dinner?

Ex-Floridian

Original Poster
Where is the best place to get a good roasted turkey dinner this late in the game. ADRs are booked! Outside park is available too....

Dad 2 M & M

Yes it is filled......I will keep checking though
Check every day early A.M., noon, and evening...AND be on the lookout for Diamond Horseshoe Revue. They usually open up ADR slots for both Liberty Tree and overflow into Diamond Horseshoe. Keep trying...you will get one! The Horseshoe is staffed by Liberty Tree, and food is from Liberty as well (it is a little weird to eat at a western joint with the staff dressed in colonial garb).

shipley731

This is probably going to sound odd, but my husband & I had a really good Thanksgiving dinner at Fulton's Crab House in DTD. We've done this twice actually. In addition to their regular menu, they offered a Thanksgiving dinner that started with soup or salad, entree of roast turkey (white & dark meat), stuffing, sweet potatoes, & a veggie (green beans, I think), and you got pumpkin pie for dessert. The food was good & I was thankful it wasn't me in the kitchen cooking.

PhilharMagician

Just about every restaurant in WDW will serve a traditional Thanksgiving plate with turkey and all the fixins'. LTT seems to be the most popular forThanksgiving, but I have found the food to be medocre at best. Where ever you are already booked, I am sure you will have a great meal.

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
Liberty tree fills up fast. I was online on day 180 7 am, got it, but not the time. At least we have it.

rsoxguy

Want a strange and unique idea? I should preface this post by disclosing the fact that I have never spent Thanksgiving at WDW. I'm more of an "at home" traditionalist.
Publix supermarkets offer fully cooked Thanksgiving meals that can be pre-ordered and picked up. Grab the meal and eat dinner at any given picnic area (such as Fort Wilderness, etc.). Kooky, I know, but it might be fun to make an event of it while enjoying the Disney surroundings.
http://www.publix.com/food/entertaining/events/Thanksgiving/Home.do

Ariel484

We went to Jiko in 2009 for Thanksgiving, and I remember that they replaced their normal chicken entree with a turkey entree in honor of Thanksgiving. (I remember this because my husband had really been looking forward to the chicken, so he was pretty bummed.) We both ended up ordering the steak and it was amazing as usual. Not a traditional Thanksgiving meal by any means, but we had a wonderful, quiet meal.

Check out this page on AllEars for some information on what Disney restaurants do for Thanksgiving...it looks like lots of places have special holiday menus. :)

luv

Most good hotels have a buffet. I don't know about Disney, but non-Disney hotels (good ones) will have it.

Ex-Floridian

Original Poster
This is probably going to sound odd, but my husband & I had a really good Thanksgiving dinner at Fulton's Crab House in DTD. We've done this twice actually. In addition to their regular menu, they offered a Thanksgiving dinner that started with soup or salad, entree of roast turkey (white & dark meat), stuffing, sweet potatoes, & a veggie (green beans, I think), and you got pumpkin pie for dessert. The food was good & I was thankful it wasn't me in the kitchen cooking.

I saw that in the past - but this year that restaurant is not listed:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/holidays/#/thanksgiving

Ex-Floridian

Original Poster
Want a strange and unique idea? I should preface this post by disclosing the fact that I have never spent Thanksgiving at WDW. I'm more of an "at home" traditionalist.
Publix supermarkets offer fully cooked Thanksgiving meals that can be pre-ordered and picked up. Grab the meal and eat dinner at any given picnic area (such as Fort Wilderness, etc.). Kooky, I know, but it might be fun to make an event of it while enjoying the Disney surroundings.
http://www.publix.com/food/entertaining/events/Thanksgiving/Home.do

Yes, we used to live in FL and are very familiar with Publix. I was actually thinking about this idea!!!! Thanks for reminding me!

tecowdw

I have reservations for Boatwright's at Port Orleans riverside. I've ate there for Thanksgiving dinner 3 times now and find it a great location. This last year it wasn't at all crowded at 5pm through end of my meal around 6pm.

It's not listed on the WDW website either but they do always have a traditional dinner offering. I always prefer resort dining on Thanksgiving to avoid the hustle and bustle of the park restaurants.

awesomeinabox

Best Thanksgiving dinner of my life. Pizza planet (mind you this was the 90s and it was brand new and not sticky). Seriously, I was 10 my whole family was there, and no kid wants to waste valuable Disney time at a real restaurant. I will never forget our pizza dinner (I won a snow leopard from the claw machine).
If you're with kids plan on them not being happy with whatever you choose and wishing they could go to someplace that looks cool.

My mom has been talking about renting a DVC suite at Old Key West for one night and getting the dinner from Publix and actually cooking a dinner for the whole family in the next few years.

Ex-Floridian

Original Poster
I have reservations for Boatwright's at Port Orleans riverside. I've ate there for Thanksgiving dinner 3 times now and find it a great location. This last year it wasn't at all crowded at 5pm through end of my meal around 6pm.

It's not listed on the WDW website either but they do always have a traditional dinner offering. I always prefer resort dining on Thanksgiving to avoid the hustle and bustle of the park restaurants.

That's a great idea! Thanks!

Rob562

You could also celebrate your Thanksgiving on a different night.

I'll be in WDW with friends the week before, leaving for home the Monday of Thanksgiving Week. We all live in different cities, plus my friend's Mom will be there for a couple days, and since he won't be able to get home on actual Thanksgiving we decided to do Thanksgiving Dinner on our trip. I was able to snag Liberty Tree Tavern that Saturday evening, so we'll have a big group dinner together before heading home to our respective cities (where some of us will then be able to have a second Thanksgiving dinner on the actual day)

In my eyes, it's more about the spirit/intent of the holiday than actually celebrating it on the specific day. So what if you're doing it a day or two early or late?

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom