Thanksgiving at WDW

mandib

Original Poster
Yea! I just finished my happy dance and am on here posting already. lol We're leaving for Disney the Saturday before Thanksgiving and coming back the Saturday after. Anyways what goes on at Disney for Thanksgiving? I've never been there for it. Is all the Christmas stuff up? Does Mickey's VMCP start? At least thats what I think it's called. Also where do you suggest is a good place to eat for Thanksgiving. We're staying at a house as always because I never can get my parents to stay in a hotel. Yea they're more spoiled than me! lol Anyways any input would help. Well that would be our 3rd time down there this year. Oh I can't wait!*does rest of happy dance*

Wckd Queen

Woohoo!! Congratulations, Mandi!! :sohappy:

We did Thanksgiving 2000 at Mk, and we loved it! I think it was our best Thanksgiving ever!

Decorations were up, although since I havent ever been there closer to Christmas, I cant say that ALL of them are up, but Im sure someone here knows definitely.

We made PS arrangements at Tonys Towne Square restaurant right on Main Street, but we still had a wait (management apparently had an issue with our party of 7 and the fact that we wouldnt squeeze in at a table for 4 :lol: )Dont forget, though, that this is one of, if not THE most, crowded day of the year, so there are lots of hungry people wanting dinner! We had turkey with all the trimmings, even if it was a little later than planned. (we had tacos at El Pirate y El Perico earlier in the day which is a Thanksgiving tradition I would love starting :lol: )

As I said, we had a wonderful time on Thanksgiving and I would do it again in a heartbeat :sohappy:

mandib

Original Poster
Another question that I remember now. Isn't the Christmas parade on Thanksgiving at the Mk? I know its on tv but can't remember if it was at WDW or Disneyland. I'm like a lunatic tryin to figure out when everthing is. Oh my dad thinks I'm crazy for being 14 and this much into Disney but it's all good. lol

HebeJebe

I'll be down there the same time as you. We go every year at this time. There are no parades but they are usually filming the family segments at this time. Just look for the camera and the box of hats. As for dinner I think all the PS restaurants offer a Thanksgiving dinner. The decorations go up the day after Thanksgiving.

TIGGER-FAN

My wife and I will be there at the same time, we have reservations at The Grand Floridian 5 nights. The Christmas Decorations should be up. The first MVMCP is being held on Sunday November 30th, we got our tickets for that in the mail a few weeks ago. As for Thanksgiving dinner, we are going to get a couple of turkey legs from the cart in Frontierland and sit by the river and eat them. I know that sounds boreing, but to us that's fun. We also have reservations for Dive Quest at The Living Seas on the Friday after Thanksgiving. So if you are in EPCOT on Friday, stop by The Living Seas at about 5:15pm and you will see us diving in the tank with the fishes. Have a great trip!!

Dizknee_Phreek

mandi, you all have chosen a great time of year to visit! it's absolutely beautiful there during the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays! i've been there about 3 times during Thanksgiving, and i'm going back again this Thanksgiving (staying at Boardwalk Villas) the decorations (at least most of them) are always already up by Thanksgiving Day. of course, no Osbourne Lights this year, so that definately puts you at a disadvantage. personally, the only thing i don't like about this time of year is the music they play. i'd be ok with it if the Christmas music matched the themes, but usually it doesn't. like i want rag time Christmas music for Main St., big band Christmas music for MGM, futuristic Christmas music for Epcot, etc. my biggest problem was with the music at Wilderness Lodge. i LOVE the music they play there on a regular basis, but during Christmas, they play Christmas music that doesn't at all go with the theme and it just throws the whole thing off. but anyway, it's still a really great time to go! maybe i'll see you around while we're there! :-D we go the 22nd and come home, i think, the day after Thanksgiving.

GalacticGobbler

You picked a great time to go, we are heading down on Thanksgiving day. Made reservations at the Concourse Steakhouse for the traditional lunch. Cant wait

mandib

Original Poster
Oh I can't wait. I've seen some Christmas stuff up when we were there in November the last 2 years but this year I'll hopefully see more. Oh I can't wait! I get so excited about trips to Disney but then again who doesn't? lol

tercon57

I am soo glad to here that all of you will be down there Thanksgiving week. We will be there from the Sunday before to the Saturday after. We only have 106 days left!!

We are looking forward to all the holiday excitement. Although this is our 11th trip, it will be our first time there for Thanksgiving. My husband wants Thanksgiving dinner at Sci-Fi.

mandib

Original Poster
What stuff goes on in each park for Thanksgiving. I want to go to MK but my mom wants to know what's so special about it and what the others do! Thanks for all the previous help. Oh anyone eat at Liberty Tree Tavern for Thanksgiving? If so how was it. That's my choice. I just love that place! lol

Enderikari

I think that eating Thanksgiving Dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern is a great idea, the only problem is that everyone else does as well. MAKE RESERVATIONS. Call WDW-DINE and they'll help you out. Otherwise, it does have the right theming and the right foods...

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by tercon57
My husband wants Thanksgiving dinner at Sci-Fi.

Thanksgiving dinner at Sci-Fi is great! we did that one year. they do serve a special Thanksgiving meal there...but we just got milkshakes when we went. but our usual Thanksgiving day meal is at Pizza Planet.

mandi, i agree with Enderikari. Liberty Tree is the ideal place for a Thanksgiving meal....but, as Enderikari said, make reservations, and make them as soon as you possibly can. and, as always, if you don't get what you want when you first call, keep trying! you might get lucky and something may open up.

just remember that most sit-down restaurants on property have a special Thanksgiving menu on Thanksgiving day.

btw, mandi, as far as i know, nothing extremely special goes on during Thanksgiving day, other than the specail menus. i know with the Osbourne lights, they made it snow on NY St. on Thanksgiving night, but that could very well be an every night thing during the holidays.
now, as for holidays, loads of special things goes on. of course, the decorations all over property. they have the Candle Procession at Epcot, as well as various traditional holiday stories from around the world being told at Epcot which is quite neat! the Very Merry Christmas Parade at MK. and, of course, there used to be the Osbourne Lights at MGM, but that's been put on hiatus for this year *pout*
other than that, i'm not quite sure. seems to be about it, from what i can remember.

mandib

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
mandi, i agree with Enderikari. Liberty Tree is the ideal place for a Thanksgiving meal....but, as Enderikari said, make reservations, and make them as soon as you possibly can. and, as always, if you don't get what you want when you first call, keep trying! you might get lucky and something may open up.

You have to wait 90 days before the date you want? If so that date is marked on the calendar already. lol Yes we know about that. We've been lucky with people cancelling and such so I'm sure we tried but know I'm wondering if we should go to MGM. Oh I don't know. I can decide all I want but we never pick where we go until we get there and then just work around our priority seatings. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom