Thanks To An Imagineer

ERich2010

Original Poster
so i'd like to take the time to thank David for sitting down and sharing a wonderful meal with us. i did the "lunch with an imagineer" on wednesday, and it was an amazing experience. David talked to us for about 2 and a half hours, and, man, did i learn a lot.

he also assured us that the FLE is going to kick some butt, and that there ARE some things planned that we dont know about yet (though he could not say what, exactly).

It's also curious to hear how an imagineer sees some of the decisions that we dislike. for example, regarding Mr. Toad: he said that Disneyland's version still remains popular to this day, but here in the World, its numbers began to sink. It wasnt until they announced it was leaving that the attendance began to pick up, and the petitions began to start.

he also expressed some of his feelings on some E:E effects, most notably the mist. he said the mist was an integral part of the mountain, and that he hates to see it gone. he also said that "you know Joe Rohde's in town when you see the mist on the mountain working"

theres so much that we talked about! more than i could ever fit in this post.i highly recommend this lunch to any and everybody. and once again, i thank David for taking the time out of his busy schedule to sit and eat with us. not only was he friendly, but also kept the conversation very interesting

Mammymouse

I never heard of that program. It does sound fantastic, although if I ever had the chance to talk to an Imagineer I would probably be so awestruck I'd be speechless. It would be like talking to Walt himself!!

ERich2010

Original Poster
yeah its really awesome. really expensive, but awesome. i was the only one of my family who got to go, but its still definitely worth it

PeoplemoverTTA

My sister and I are definitely doing this on our trip next summer, thanks for your recap. Do you know if you're allowed to take any pictures (of the room, or with the imagineer following the lunch)?

inluvwithbeast

Oh that's so neat! I really want to do that now. I'm going to school to be an industrial engineer and hopefully get a job at WDI. I could use some tips!! Lol.

mewhunter67

I'm glad you enjoyed it; it really is a great experience. I got to do it as a christmas/birthday present, and yes, it really is a fantastic! :D

I'd had the pleasure of meeting Jason Grandt, who is somewhat known, and well quoted in several of their books... I also had the benefit of dining with his mother, which led to a very different experience than most recieve.

All in all, excellent meal, and definitely worth the company ;)

LouP

Hello, My family and I did thus during our trip to WDW in August.

We also met with Jason Grandt, and we had a wonderful time. Overall a great experience, and one that I would do again.

Take Care,

Lou Prosperi

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom