Thank you Walt...

Princess7

Original Poster
Just finished watching Walt: The Man Behind the Myth on TV. It reminded me how amazing he was. He was a genius. It also reminded me that because of him I have treasured family memories that I will hold on to always. I know alot of us voice concerns and/or complaints we have concerning the parks and the company but I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you Walt for all the memories I hold dear to me and all the memories waiting to be made.

Anyone else want to give thanks and/or tell us one of their special memories?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We never miss Walt Disney: One Man's Dream while at DHS.
Even my occasionally snot-faced teenage sons enjoy it.
For them, it's interesting. For me, it takes me back to my childhood, watching Uncle Walt every Sunday evening. I didn't know then, that he was already gone.
Thank you Walt for the wonderful childhood memories, and for the memories I created with my own family in the past 10+ years.

Magenta Panther

I never miss watching One Man's Dream when I visit WDW. It's as essential to me as Mickey's Philharmagic. And that's because those two attractions are the most "Disney" experiences in the park. They put me in a wonderful, supercalifragilistic, zip-a-dee-doo-dah frame of mind. Walt was an good man, a courageous man, an optimistic man, and a beneficial man. I thank him every time I see Pinocchio, every time I hear When You Wish Upon a Star, every time I see the Castle. The world would be a much sadder place if there had never been a Walt.

PUSH

I love One Man's Dream. Except there was one time I was there when the air conditioning was blasting and it literally was like 55 degrees. And I'm from Wisconsin so I can stand cold. Other than that moment, it's always been a nice time. :)

popcenturylover

Just finished watching Walt: The Man Behind the Myth on TV. It reminded me how amazing he was. He was a genius. It also reminded me that because of him I have treasured family memories that I will hold on to always. I know alot of us voice concerns and/or complaints we have concerning the parks and the company but I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you Walt for all the memories I hold dear to me and all the memories waiting to be made.

Anyone else want to give thanks and/or tell us one of their special memories?
We also watched that last night. Walt, absolutely was a genius. I have many wonderful memories from my trips. Thank you, Walt!

Goofyernmost

I don't know if he was dishonest or just someone that did what they felt was necessary to succeed in reaching his dreams. At this point I don't see how it matters. If he did some less then honest things in the process, it no longer has a point.

The measure of a man is how his existence influenced the world around him. A couple of years back I stayed in a sorta high rise hotel on International Drive. From my 8th floor balcony I could look in just about every direction along I-4. I looked at what was there the buildings the highways, the restaurants, the touristy things and the sheer development of the area, it is nearly impossible to envision that just a mere 45 years ago that whole area was nothing but cattle fields and swamps intermixed with some orange groves. The population was limited. It was a good old southern town and farm country. Today it is a bustling, vibrant and alive area in central Florida. Go to Anaheim and try and imagine that that city was yet another one horse farm town filled with more orange groves just 60 years ago.

Now I know that many will have an argument about how he might have ruined a rural area and made both of them to financial centers in two different states. You could even carry it over to the parks in France, Japan, Hong Kong, and wherever else in the world that a Disney Park exists or is the process of being created. All this stuff happened because one man had the vision, or dream, if that works for you, to doggedly pursue something the everyone else, including his loyal brother, thought was folly.

At this point there, and I'm guessing here, are probably over 100,000 people that make their living working for a company that he created, nurtured and molded. If you know of any other person, single regular human being that would be responsible, singlehandedly, for leaving all that behind, I'd like to meet him/her. So if at this point, and with all those accomplishments that have brought so much joy to so many people, do we really want to dig into whether or not he might have had a shady side. Does it matter anymore. Is it fair to look into it after the man has died and can no longer defend himself. Let it go and be thankful that such a man once existed. We have all benefited in some way because Walt Disney was here!:happy:

Last edited:

lego606

MagicBandit
walt-disney-meme-generator-if-you-were-born-in-the-last-90-years-you-re-welcome-for-your-childhood-9e0ed6.jpg

This sums it up in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom