Test Track

PintoColvig

If you've ever wondered what it feels like to be on speeding on a high bank on a NASCAR track but didn't want to fork out the mega-bucks for the Richard Petty Driving Experience, this is the ride for you.

Floridasunshine

I rode it for the first time two weeks ago and we all liked it.... The last fast part was really cool, but I agree that it was too short on that part.

The only parts I did not like were the heat room,,,i thought 'what if this broke down right here' and we were stuck in this room for 5 minutes??? We'd probably fry. And the showroom annoyed me because I could not get hubby and father in law out of there!

kcnole

Unfortunately I've never been able to ride it. It's been down both times I've visited since they opened it. That's my biggest complaint with the ride, it breaks down far too often.

I do have to shake my head when people complain that it doesn't fit in with the future world theme. It does just as well as the ride it replaced, World of Motion. Most of WoM focused on the past, the only futuristic part was the ride through the city of the future (which was very very cool in the early 80's) and some of the post show things such as the parrot and the robot. Other than that, there was nothing futuristic about that pavilion either.

That's a big misconception with Futureworld. It was never designed to be all futuristic. It was more designed to be educational with an eye on the future. Test Track fits that bill. Every time a car gets tested, it's getting tested for a car of the future. It may not be a ride about 50 years in the future, but it's about cars coming out in the future and it's educational so it fits in with the theme as well as any other ride in Futureworld.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom