Test Track - Single Riders

LPK

Original Poster
Hi peeps,

I am just wondering about what they do with parties travelling in a 4 on test track. I usually travel in a 4, which leaves two seats available, but sometimes they put in a single rider into the spare seat, and other times they don't. Now, i don't mind sitting next to strangers if i have to, but i prefer not to because some are a little strange. One experience is one eating all the way round the ride, then offering me a malteser when we were going 70 round the outside loop. :hammer::veryconfu So, when do they tend to put single riders in with you? I want to avoid them as much as possible. :eek:

togasports

It all depends who is at merge that day. Some days they do 3-1 others 2-2. But you can ask to go either way, and they will accomodate.

dandaman

I realize how awkward that can be... so, because I usually ride single anyway (on any thrill ride), I try not to be too annoying.

:lookaroun

LPK

Original Poster
dandaman said:
I realize how awkward that can be... so, because I usually ride single anyway (on any thrill ride), I try not to be too annoying.

:lookaroun
I don't mind if they just have fun. But when they eat while the ride is in operation, then it gets a bit freaky. :lol:

o0o, my 100th post :king:

We have used the singles line as a quick way to get one last ride in..only had one problem on Test Track. The ride broke down while we were riding seperately and we were stuck there for a long time...in fact my car seemed to have been forgotten about. The family I was riding with started to get a little scared. My DH said he was outside wiating for me for 10 min after his car was rescued. We tried this once on MS---bad idea. I guess there were a lot of people who tried to bypass the regular line by going to the singles line and the CM decided to punish us all and not use any single riders. After about 40 min when the standby line was completely empty and there were only singles left we went around and got in the standby line...he told us we weren't allowed to do that because we were in the singles line! It was not a fun end to an evening. This experience resulted in a visit from the manager and lots of people getting the extra special fast pass coupons (anytime, anywhere, any park). Oh well....I got way off topic but that was fun anyway :p

ZapperZ

LPK said:
Hi peeps,

I am just wondering about what they do with parties travelling in a 4 on test track. I usually travel in a 4, which leaves two seats available, but sometimes they put in a single rider into the spare seat, and other times they don't. Now, i don't mind sitting next to strangers if i have to, but i prefer not to because some are a little strange. One experience is one eating all the way round the ride, then offering me a malteser when we were going 70 round the outside loop. :hammer::veryconfu So, when do they tend to put single riders in with you? I want to avoid them as much as possible. :eek:

As a frequent single rider on Test Track, I hope you don't lump all of us into the "strange" category. As far as I can tell, we all don't usually eat our meals while on Test Track (I haven't seen anyone doing that in our single-rider group). Most "ordinary" people who choose to do the single-rider on Test Track because it moves faster, and frequently we don't get separated from our group, especially when it isn't that busy.

Besides, most single-riders tend to be WDW regulars, or have done the attraction many times. I have had many fascinating conversations with such people while standing in line. Or maybe I just like "strange" people.....

:)

Zz.

shoppingnut

I've done the single rider line almost all the time at TT. I don't consider myself strange and certainly wouldn't think about eating on the ride, that is strange.

zeroFantasy

The single riders line is called single riders for a reason. It's to fill in available spots in cars. You are told that you will be separated in single riders so there is really no point asking a cast member if you can ride with your party. They might let you, they might not. But remember this... That cast member has probably had 100 questions like this on that day and it is really annoying when people don't listen to the rules. If you're in a party of 4, get a fastpass or stand in a regular line. My suggestion - get into the park at 9 am and get on the ride right away.

zeroFantasy said:
The single riders line is called single riders for a reason. It's to fill in available spots in cars. You are told that you will be separated in single riders so there is really no point asking a cast member if you can ride with your party. They might let you, they might not. But remember this... That cast member has probably had 100 questions like this on that day and it is really annoying when people don't listen to the rules. If you're in a party of 4, get a fastpass or stand in a regular line. My suggestion - get into the park at 9 am and get on the ride right away.

I'm not sure if this was directed at my MS story or not...but if it was....we never asked to be together, we totally expected to be separated, but the annoying part was that the singles line was ignored for such a long period of time.

dxwwf3

I'd say I've been on Test Track about 100 times and out of those, about 80 of those were from the Single Rider Line. I am glad they Disney decided that using the 2-2 split for families of 4 is the best way to operate the attraction most of the time. The SRL's at TT and EE are excellent time savers and really come in handy for frequent visitors, like most of us here. Now if they had just tried to use it for Soarin'.......:lol:

However if you requested a 3-1 set up, I'm sure they will try to accommodate.

VickiMints

ZapperZ said:
As a frequent single rider on Test Track, I hope you don't lump all of us into the "strange" category. As far as I can tell, we all don't usually eat our meals while on Test Track (I haven't seen anyone doing that in our single-rider group). Most "ordinary" people who choose to do the single-rider on Test Track because it moves faster, and frequently we don't get separated from our group, especially when it isn't that busy.

Besides, most single-riders tend to be WDW regulars, or have done the attraction many times. I have had many fascinating conversations with such people while standing in line. Or maybe I just like "strange" people.....

:)

Zz.

In my family we're a bunch of single riders, and now I'm slightly concerned about the parties I'm riding with thinkng I'm "strange", ha. I try not to be too unusual, and I don't smell funny either. :) Being next to a fragrant person worries me a bit more...

Single riding is the heat when you've already enjoyed the ride with your group of choice!

Anyway, with a 4 it'll be most likely a 2/2- if you only want to sit next to someone in your own group, get in the car first.

edit for the previous post - The first time I rode Soarin' was at California Adventure on trip with my mom (my only time in Disneyland!), and after the first time we went for their singles line several times. When I visited the attraction in Epcot, I wished they had the singles line (along with a queue less facilitative of line cutting...).

brertigger

I have done single rider line at TT a number of times.
Usually, it is a good way to get onto the ride relatively quickly.

Although, once I was about to go in the single rider line, but the CM suggested to just go in the standby line. I thought that was odd, but then I looked up and the single rider line was almost outside the doors, while the standby line was only inside one of the rooms. I saved about 30 minutes that time by not using single rider.

Another odd experience with a TT CM- once I was going to try to get one last TT ride in (last ride of the trip, actually) before the fireworks. It was only 20 minutes before the fireworks. The standby wait said 45 minutes. The single rider was 40. We asked the CM how long the wait actually was (the signs at TT are frequently way off). They said about 60 minutes. We decided to go anyway and leave if it got too late. The single rider line was actually outside the door. The standby line wasn't even in any of the rooms. It was just a short distance of the final section of queue. We got to the fireworks with a minute to spare.

Anyway, with a 4 it'll be most likely a 2/2- if you only want to sit next to someone in your own group, get in the car first.
Well, unless three people in your group want to sit in the front (like happened in my group, even though it did leave one person alone in the back. Oops.)

I always go to the parks in my party of four, so we take advantage of the single riders line at the Test Track. We normally get put 2 and 2 in the same car!!! Though we have to sit with strangers, it's still a fun time. On only one occasion did we get put in separate vehicles.

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders..."

LPK

Original Poster
Single rider people, i'm not classing an of you as weird or anything :p: I was just saying that a couple i have sat next to are slighty strange. :p:

cmatt

its the ones that have severe body odour problems i worry about - the smell of body cheese and sweaty armpits put me RIGHT off :p as a single rider i tend to keep myself to myself and also make sure that im not too strange - ill strike a pose for the cameras tho ;)

But yes - i make sure i keep clean during the day - and use plenty of eau de toillette and deoderant :p

col

i would say to cut the lines down. i always go in the single riders line. it doesnt bother me sitting next to strangers coz i really want to get on the ride and sometimes the people who i ssit by are funny like this group of lads where really funny they had the whole car laughing.

again when me and my cousins have been in the single riders we have been sat together coz there was a big group of us like 10 it went 2 single riders to a car so it worked out well.

sometimes people who are in a group in a car and single riders get put with them are funny with you ie act strange and stare at you.

dandaman

ZapperZ said:
Besides, most single-riders tend to be WDW regulars, or have done the attraction many times. I have had many fascinating conversations with such people while standing in line.

Exactly. That's why I try to be as normal as possible.

Which isn't anywhere close to a standard for the average parkgoer. :lookaroun

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Test Track needs it the most, other thrill rides don't have a 3 and 3 setup.

M:S was the next most obvious with all the parties of 4, but gave it up when it switched to green/orange.

Soarin' tried, but it never seemed to work. Really, with a large theater loading, you can shuffle people around to fill seats and most people don't care and understand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom