Test Track glitches?

Doodlyday

Original Poster
I always hear about rides glitching out, but I've never heard of a glitch-out on Test Track. If you know of one, I would like to hear. Thanks! :)

luv

Test Track is notorious for breaking down. The old version did and the new one does.

My first ride on the new Test Track, it broke down. I had to chuckle to myself about how they'd changed everything but that. :)

I_heart_Tigger

I always hear about rides glitching out, but I've never heard of a glitch-out on Test Track. If you know of one, I would like to hear. Thanks! :)

Test Track broke down more than any ride when I worked at Epcot in the late 90's. It was down usually every day at least once - sometimes 5 or 6 times and often the whole day.

I've been stuck on it 5 times and evac'd from it twice. The worst was being stuck in the hot room...I was getting nauseas. IMHO it's the glitchiest ride in the parks. I'm hoping the refurb helped with that.

FigmentsFangirl

I remember getting stuck on it once, right in front of the truck in the dark tunnel with the lights off. Saw dots for a good ten minutes afterwards once we got going again. that was years ago though. Coming to a sudden halt must have been jarring though from that speed it reaches on that track outside. The new version though, I'ce not heard any stops for it yet other then a planned test stop. Unless that was rumor ?

Doodlyday

Original Poster
I know that it breaks down and all, but has it had a glitch like the overhead voice speeding up or something like that. (I know there are not many things in TT that can glitch like that, but if you know, please tell. Thanks!)

tinkerblonde11

I can say I have never ridden test track. Each of my vacations I have gone and test track is either broken down, or I would be standing in line and it would break down. Same thing for TSM...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does anyone know if Radiator Springs Racers @ Disney California Adventure breaks down as much as Test Track?
I heard there were some in the beginning that were due to anamatronic timing issues. I have not heard much since then. It is a very complicated ride system and it will have problems from time to time.

2bornot2be

I heard there were some in the beginning that were due to anamatronic timing issues. I have not heard much since then. It is a very complicated ride system and it will have problems from time to time.

Thanks Master Yoda
If some issues were resolved with RSR, then TT should have received some of the same upgrades. It seems TT has ALOT of down time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks Master Yoda
If some issues were resolved with RSR, then TT should have received some of the same upgrades. It seems TT has ALOT of down time.
I am not sure how much of that is really possible or practical. I don't have any of the deep technical specs as to what is wrong with TT. Without that is is impossible to tell what or how hard a fix will be. It is in essence the prototype for that ride system and prototypes tend to have some pretty deep design bugs.

2bornot2be

I am not sure how much of that is really possible or practical. I don't have any of the deep technical specs as to what is wrong with TT. Without that is is impossible to tell what or how hard a fix will be. It is in essence the prototype for that ride system and prototypes tend to have some pretty deep design bugs.

Agree, but with the long shut down I was hoping they took care of some issues.

mickey2008.1

Never been stuck on TT luckily. But got stuck on maelstrom at the end of the drop for 20 minutes. Just sat there and looked at the oil rig and lights. It was kind of coool to see all the deteail that is in that attraction. Other than that, we have been pretty fortunate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom