Test track closed for the summer?

Chef Mickey

The original Test Track? Or World of Motion? Which are you referring to? Because the original Test Track could be considered “a sales experience for GM” as you put it. And, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that since GM is ponying up the $$$.
For me, the new experience seems more in your face...almost like being at a dealership, lol.

But yeah, I prefer World of Motion both versions of Test Track.

Chef Mickey

I don’t have stats but from personal experience I’d suggest they’re as bad as each other. Personally I prefer the current theme but that’s just me.

Tell me the exterior doors aren’t still broken. Please.
What about general maintenance? I agree the "down town" of the ride is equally bad, but the effects and tech in ride are noticeably worse. Granted, I was pretty young with original Test Track, but it seemed to actually work when the ride was operating. Currently, a working Test Track just means it's open. The on vehicle tech is deplorable from the screens to even the narration audio.

Forgetting the versions, Test Track in general has to be one of the buggiest "E tickets" of all time, no? The software just seems to be awful.

Doors are broken almost every time I ride it now, not the case before.

Chef Mickey

Summer is not WDW's busy season. I define it - to some extent - using WDW's own pricing seasons.

August is the least expensive time of year to visit WDW. Here are some AKL Monday night rates for a standard view room:
Easter - peak = $708/night
What WDW calls "regular" season (for example 4/6-4/23): $580
Memorial Day: $680
"Summer" (5/27-7/4): $558
"Summer 2" (7/7-8/15): $539
"Value 2" (8/16-8/29, 9/2-9/12): $496

Much of summer (August and September) is specifically called VALUE season, which is Disneyspeak for the lowest price offered all year. (Technically, the January value season was $9 less/night than August.)

In addition to the already relatively low summer prices, starting tomorrow WDW will release a Free Dining promotion that covers all of July and 9/1-9/7 (Disney Visa). This is Disney's third attempt at offering free dining promo for this summer: onsite guests have been offered Bounceback promos, and WDW offered a free dining promo earlier this year that covered most of this upcoming summer. Odds are high they will also release a summer AP rate.

Additionally, WDW discounts the price of park tickets in the summer.
This week- not peak pricing- a 7 day base adult (per UT website) costs:$752
June 18: $685
July 16: $690
August 19: $553
Dec 10: $743
Dec 24: $805

The highest summer tickets are the two weeks around July4: 6/25=$743, 7/2: $749, then 7/7 the price goes down to $707.

Many people this summer will be buying the Magic 4-day discounted ticket though instead of a full week at WDW.

If you read anything WDW related, then you already know WDW's summer temps are often described as "hotter than the sun, " and "expect to be dripping in sweat." People get scared off by statements like that.
Get out of here with facts. Undercover tourist said it was busy via a Google search. Research done! Case closed!

nickys

Premium Member
July & August is very busy as for those of us from UK & Europe its main school summer holidays
Those visitors help swell the numbers in the Summer for sure. And they may make up.a sizeable proportion of visitors during July & August too. Probably just as well for Disney.

But as has been said, Summer is not the busiest time. This year they are trying desperate measures to tempt people to book - seemingly without much success.

NickMaio

Original Poster
If summer isn't a slow period, then why the 30% hotel discount for all or the 35 % for Ap ?
Cool beans.

Ok, I'm wrong.....summer is not busy at all.
Don't know what I was thinking.
We, after all, have been going to WDW annually for almost 4 decades now.
I must be delusional about all those people around me, and long lines during July and most of August.

Carry on with your postings,I have nothing more to add.
Other than, I never said it was the busiest. Just nuts busy, as my opinion.

sonoma15

I'm sorry but Test Track 2.0 is definitely worse than the original, especially with the fact that the "interactive" portions of the ride have legitimately been broken for months. Audio has also been buggy recently (a lot of the times the truck will just be silent or the whole car itself will have broken audio) and the door has been stuck open for over a year. Not also to mention the awful replacement for the hot and cold rooms or the removal of the terrain tests, or those awful screens with cheesy cgi that don't really make any sense for what's actually happening on the ride. Granted I was young and didn't go to the parks as often back then, but I don't ever remember the first version being in this bad of a state. I look forward to 3.0, this ride REALLY needs it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom