Temporary Further Reduction of Monorail Hours

FWIW, I was staying at the Grand Floridian from March 10-17, and the monorail still wasn't running the day we left.

It was certainly a big inconvenience to my family, but really the most frustrating thing was that hotel employees kept informing us "today is the last day!" and that was never true. I would've much preferred accurate information, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Not sure what happened or what you experienced, but we rode it both 3/11 & 3/12 at different hours.

Sorry, should've been more specific. The monorail was not down all day, only between roughly 11 or 11:30 am and 6 or so in the evening.

I can't speak for 3/11, as I actually didn't head out until late at night due to the rain. But every other day the resort loop and TTC loop were closed during those hours. Epcot loop remained open.

There may have been one day during that week that it was open all day, but I'm not sure.

Side note: I noticed that monorails were staying in the station with the doors open much longer than they used to. I'm not sure if this is recent development or not, as I hadn't stayed on property in 7 years, but we all noticed it. Do they have fewer trains running? Or maybe this is a safety issue after the accident?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom