News Temporary crowd control fencing at Magic Kingdom main entrance - June 30 2021

Brian

nickys

Premium Member
I imagine there will be people arriving well before 2pm to hop to MK tomorrow and for the next few days. This will help to manage the crowds so those with park reservations can still get in and out of the park easily.

castlecake2.0

This looks like preparing for the mass exit tomorrow, for the first time since pre covid. I love the “science” of moving crowds so it’ll be interesting to see how this goes tomorrow. I think there will also be a lot of locals trying to find a way into the beam resorts which could also add a strain to the transportation system.

I think it was July 4th one year they had a deal where all ice cream, popcorn, and soda I think was $1 from after fireworks till park close. I always though that was such a great idea to try to entice people to not all rush the exit at once.

castlecake2.0

Is the walkway to the Grand open again, or will guests wanting to return to there or the Poly tomorrow night need to take the boat or monorail?
That’s a great question. I’m almost more interested and watching the exit procedure tomorrow than the fireworks lol

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This looks like preparing for the mass exit tomorrow, for the first time since pre covid. I love the “science” of moving crowds so it’ll be interesting to see how this goes tomorrow. I think there will also be a lot of locals trying to find a way into the beam resorts which could also add a strain to the transportation system.

I think it was July 4th one year they had a deal where all ice cream, popcorn, and soda I think was $1 from after fireworks till park close. I always though that was such a great idea to try to entice people to not all rush the exit at once.

You'd have me with $1 Mickey Ice Cream bars. :cool: How late could I stay?

Clamman73

They're anticipating heavy crowds for tomorrow's fireworks return.

As an aside, this is the first time I've ever seen photos of printed scrims blend in well with the sky behind it.
Seems about time those scrims come down…it’s been a full six months.

TrainsOfDisney

I love the “science” of moving crowds so it’ll be interesting to see how this goes tomorrow. I
Same! One of the reasons I’ve always loved visiting for New Years. The logistics is so crazy impressive.
One year at Magic Kingdom for New Years they had “free refreshments in cosmic Rays” - it was of course all the leftover cookies from the Christmas Parties. You could literally take as many as you wanted to.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

So here is a question....

If a total mob shows up, OUTSIDE of the Ticket Entrance area. They have no tickets - just want to see the fireworks?
Could this be a really BAD scenario? I would not want to be working WDW Security at that point in time :(.

techgeek

So here is a question....

If a total mob shows up, OUTSIDE of the Ticket Entrance area. They have no tickets - just want to see the fireworks?
Could this be a really BAD scenario? I would not want to be working WDW Security at that point in time :(.

I can’t speak to having ever tried to view a show from the entrance plaza, but it has never been known as an ideal spot. I believe the train station and berm block much of the action.

The most popular ‘outside the park’ viewing has traditionally been the Poly beach, Contemporary observation platforms, and the TTC / ferry dock area a distant third. Construction and lack of easy access is lowering the potential for crowds at either of the hotels at the moment so I doubt there’s a lot of concern. The Contemporary platforms are easily controlled and have been for years. There’s been talk of limiting access to the Poly beach to resort guests for special holiday shows like July 4th and NYE, but I’m not aware of any instance of them actually doing that. I’ve been there many years for July 4th and it’s busy but never mobbed or remotely unsafe. Crowding in the hub and Main Street itself is a much bigger issue.

mysto

It's really important that everyone moo while being herded through the corrals.

It may not sound like much in writing, but when you're shuffling along with thousands of your fellow park fans sharing a special moment together you will see the light. The best magical pixie dust experience possible, and no upcharge.

But seriously, what if they're going to limit park hopping for the first time? Mr Mysto has spoken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom