Temping at Disney

goofyguy

Original Poster
Although I moved to Florida a year ago, I'm just getting around to looking for a job. Since landing a permanent position can sometimes take a while, I decided to sign up with a Temp Agency. So what's the first job they assign me to? Disney! :D

I worked in Epcot last week, the Magic Kingdom Monday and Tuesday, and I'll be working in Epcot again tonight. Next week I belive is the same as this week. They haven't said we can't talk about what we are doing, but the actual work is pretty boring stuff. It looks like we are just collecting numbers to study guest flow patterns. It pretty much involves standing around in one spot and either counting or timing guest doing mundane things. (How long they spend at the condiment bar, for instance.)

However, the interesting thing (at least for a Disney geek like me) is being able to wander around backstage and in the Utilidors. In fact, it's probably the only reason I took this particular assignment. It certainly saved me the cost of a backstage tour.

ct00000

That sounds like a cool temp gig. I am curious, however, if the pay is the same or about the same as one might make as a regular employee of Disney?
Also, how long have you been assigned to work for Disney?

goofyguy

Original Poster
ct00000 said:
That sounds like a cool temp gig. I am curious, however, if the pay is the same or about the same as one might make as a regular employee of Disney?
Also, how long have you been assigned to work for Disney?

I can't be sure, but considering what I've heard regular cast members make, I believe I was making more. They tried to fill most of the positions with cast members, but when they didn't have enough, they called in temps.

I was only there for 3 weeks, and just a few days each week. The assignment finished up last night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom