Temperature in January

WeLuvDisney

What is the temperature like in January? I am going the second week of January and would like to know the average temperature so I know what and how to pack.
Thanks!

tink81

Be prepared, it can get as low as the 40s. You will definately see people in winter coats and gloves. Daytime highs can get to a comfy 70, but watch out, it gets nippy when the sun goes down! Dress in layers, jeans and closed toed shoes are a must.

Upvote 0

meryll83

I've been in late January and during the day I was happy in shorts, but I had to bring trousers and a jacket of some sort for the evening, it got very chilly!

Incidentally I am from the UK, and I had some cast members were looking at me like I was crazy for wearing shorts, so I guess it depends what you're used to as well - I'm used to the sub zero temperatures of England :lol:

Upvote 0

campdisney

Expect variation. January in Orlando can be hit or miss weather-wise.

Most days for us were in the high 60's, low 70's our last two trips -- T-shirt & shorts weather for a Northerner. Sometimes the nights were quite cool at about 50 degrees & other nights were quite balmy. Again, if you're from the North, jeans & sweatshirts at night or a light to med-weight jacket should be fine for those occassional cool nights. Bear in mind, the locals wear winter hats, coats & gloves when it drops to 60 degrees (which my kids found amusing). Also, all the gift shops will put out hats & gloves for sale at about that temp too. Meanwhile, we were still using the pools at 60 degrees and having locals looks at us like we were crazy. Family rule: if you don't see your breath cloud in front of you, its alright for swimming!

Upvote 0
Be Ready for Anything...

We'll be there with you 1/6/07 through 1/12/07...although we're packing for a wide variety of weather conditions, my wife and kids buy everything from tee shirts to sweat shirts everytime we go. I think we just use the weather as an excuse. I don't mind...you just need extra room in your luggage for the return home.:wave:

Upvote 0

ilvdisney

January in Orlando can be iffy..... It can be in the 70's... or the 30's and 40's. I ran the Disny Half Marathon last January and the starting temperature (granted it was 6am) was 35 degrees. It warmed up to 55 that day!

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

I'll be there the second week of January, too! That weather sounds just right, to me. I love WDW when there is a nip in the air. It makes everything that much more magical. :)

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I went last year in January. I can tell you from my own personal experience that the weather does indeed vary. I went the first weekend and the weather started out pleasant...in the low 70s. Then the bottom dropped out and the highs for the rest of the time were in the 50s in the day time and mid 30s/upper 40s for lows.

I never brought out my jacket...I wore layers though. I had on a few shirts and then wore a hoodie on top...plus I wore gloves and a scarf.

To sum up...prepare for everything.

Upvote 0

natalia1681

That is crazy about 35 degrees in January. I'm such a blockhead, I didn't think it would get that cold in Florida:lol::lol:

I'm glad that I looked at this, otherwise I might have been a bit chilly:D

3days for me!!

Upvote 0

TikiBeckie

I went in January last year, and since I come from NH I didn't think it was THAT cold, but there were several days in the 40's & 50'S...it was not warm at all. Loved it though, the parks were dead!

Upvote 0

rjwalter

80's

As others have said January is hit or miss. Last January when I was there it was actually between 78-82 the first 5 days we were there. It went down to the low 70's the rest of the time.

Upvote 0

browniebee

My mom and sister said it was in the 30s and 40s last year in early January, but my sister said that she heard the year before it was in the 80s. I guess wait until the 10 day forecast comes out so you know what to pack. :veryconfu

Upvote 0

hansel1

Our last visit was jan 8th-15th of this year. Every day the temp rose to mid to upper 70s. With the exception of one night (upper 40s) the temps were in the high 50s. It only rained (light) one time on the 13th for 30-45 minutes.

Upvote 0

disneyfamilyof4

Weather in January

We went the last week in January in 2006. I wore my one pair of jeans that I packed A LOT! I guess it all depends on if you are typically cold natured or hot natured. Many days I wore shorts, but started out with a t-shirt and a jacket. I would recommend a jacket that can easily be tied around your waist later in the day as it warms up, so you don't have to carry it. Same thing for the kids...the last thing you want to do is to have to carry several jackets. It is a GREAT time to go. We walked on to many rides with no wait.

Upvote 0

bryPOD

January....

When you go to WDW in the month of January, you're really rolling the dice. Over the past 5 years that I've been down there, I've run the gammit of it being 32 degrees and seeing frost for the first time in FL, to it being 80 degrees and me looken goofy (pun intended) with a long sleeve shirt on.

Good luck, I hope you get good weather.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom