Telling about "Locking a Conversation" please

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Hello!
I composed a Private Message in the wdwmagic's "start a conversation" option.
I've done that numerous times and I have always ignored the option to "LOCK" the conversation.
Yet this time I did want only my message recipient to be able to see it.
So....I ticked the box to lock the conversation and then the wdwmagic software immediately put on the screen something like:
The Conversation is LOCKED. No One Else will be allowed to respond
(I didn't put that in quotes because I don't remember exactly what was displayed word for word)
Anyway, that wording gave me the impression that my desired message recipient would not be able to respond.
Therefore I UNCHECKED that box. WOULD my recipient have received it if I had checked that box?
If not, what is the method to allow two people to have a private conversation with no limit of how many responses might go back and forth between them....yet...we are locking out a third or forth person from joining?🤔
Thanks in advance to anyone who provides clarification on this matter!
Steve
BTW....I meant for my title to be "Tell ME about locking a conversation please".

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Hello!
I've done that numerous times and I have always ignored the option to "LOCK" the conversation.
So....I ticked the box to lock the conversation and then the wdwmagic software immediately put on the screen something like:
(I didn't put that in quotes because I don't remember exactly what was displayed word for word)
Anyway, that wording gave me the impression that my desired message recipient would not be able to respond.
Therefore I UNCHECKED that box. WOULD my recipient have received it if I had checked that box?
If not, what is the method to allow two people to have a private conversation with no limit of how many responses might go back and forth between them....yet...we are locking out a third or forth person from joining?🤔
Steve
BTW....I meant for my title to be "Tell ME about locking a conversation please".
Thank you for the response that appears below.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello!
Steve
Locking prevents any replies to your conversation, it has nothing to do with other people joining it.

If you do not invite anyone else, the conversation will remain private between you and the recipient. As the starter of the conversation, you can invite more participants at a later point if needed.

Does that help?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Locking prevents any replies to your conversation, it has nothing to do with other people joining it.

If you do not invite anyone else, the conversation will remain private between you and the recipient. As the starter of the conversation, you can invite more participants at a later point if needed.

Does that help?
The most helpful information is your sentence that reads: "If you do not invite anyone else, the conversation will remain private between you and the recipient."
Although that's really what I care about, I'm not sure why anyone would ever using "Locking" since it means as you say: "Locking prevents any replies to your conversation"
Why would I start a conversation with someone unless I wanted to receive a reply? Why would I ask them a question and then lock out their ability to reply? Not something I would do. Unless I've misunderstood you.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The most helpful information is your sentence that reads: "If you do not invite anyone else, the conversation will remain private between you and the recipient."
Although that's really what I care about, I'm not sure why anyone would ever using "Locking" since it means as you say: "Locking prevents any replies to your conversation"
Why would I start a conversation with someone unless I wanted to receive a reply? Why would I ask them a question and then lock out their ability to reply? Not something I would do. Unless I've misunderstood you.
Locking can be used in the scenario of myself sending out some info that I did not want to receive replies about. Eg. Notification of an upcoming downtime.

I’ve never actually used locking, as I have no problem receiving messages back. But the feature is there just in case.

Minnie1976

Well I got slapped on the hand by the Mom. It was locked so I couldn’t reply and that just isn’t right. Because if you are going to tell me I did wrong, I should have the right to respond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom