Tell me I will love the Dolphin....

kaybee

I recently made a reservation at the Dolphin with the nurses discount for May. I have never stayed here and wondered what experiences others have had at this hotel? I reserved a standard room...Thanks for any info you can give me!!:wave:

GoofyMom2

We stayed there last Aug and will be staying at the Swan in April. You will love the location! Easy walk to the Boardwalk, Epcot, Fantasia mini golf etc. Also can walk to MGM but I prefer to take the boat....

You can see the fireworks for Epcot and MK from the Boardwalk and parts of the hotel. I also enjoy the street entertainment at Boardwalk in the evening.

The pool is also wonderful. The kids love the slide and waterfall. There are plenty of places to eat in the area. I think you will be very happy with your choice!
PS The beds are just the best!

Have fun :wave:

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The Swan and Dolphin are at the top of my list. They have the best location in the whole of WDW. I highly rate them both. Have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Thanks for the pictures! :sohappy: We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn last summer and got a good look at these hotels and they look pretty nice.

We qualify for the nurses' discount too, but have never used it. Now that there is a special for WDWMagic members we just may be able to get a trip in this year. Does anybody know how the two offers compare?

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
tigsmom said:
Thanks for the pictures! :sohappy: We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn last summer and got a good look at these hotels and they look pretty nice.

We qualify for the nurses' discount too, but have never used it. Now that there is a special for WDWMagic members we just may be able to get a trip in this year. Does anybody know how the two offers compare?

The nurses/teacher rate is about as low as it goes, in the region of $159, its a great deal. Although so is the WDWMAGIC rate of $189 for anyone who isnt a teacher/nurse. :)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

wdwmagic said:
The nurses/teacher rate is about as low as it goes, in the region of $159, its a great deal. Although so is the WDWMAGIC rate of $189 for anyone who isnt a teacher/nurse. :)

Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

thanks for all the good reviews. we will probably be staying there in december also cause we are getting tons of hotel points for having our wedding at a sheraton. we were also a little worried as it is not a disney hotel, but we are glad to hear we won't be disappointed.

tracy & alex

Upvote 0

dmmgp2000

Anyone who is planning a Swan/Dolphin trip, feel free to private message me after you have made your reservation with any special requests you may have. I am a rooms control supervisor at both hotels (mostly Dolphin though), and I would certainly be more than happy to try and get fellow wdwmagic folks a really nice room:wave:

Upvote 0

Jose Eber

If Swan is a starwood/westin -- is the dolphin a starwood/sheraton ? how does that all work?

WDWScottieboy works at the Swan. -- To me -- I'd almost rather stay at the swan, so I can LOOK at the dolpin from my room lol.

Its pretty.

J.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Another positive post from me for the Dolphin!! It was a great place to stay, especially for the cheap price when the Resorts in its immediate vicinity do not even come close to the teacher/nurse rate or the wdwmagic rate.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Jose Eber said:
If Swan is a starwood/westin -- is the dolphin a starwood/sheraton ? how does that all work?

WDWScottieboy works at the Swan. -- To me -- I'd almost rather stay at the swan, so I can LOOK at the dolpin from my room lol.

Its pretty.

J.

The Walt Disney World Swan is designated as part of the collection of Walt Disney World Resorts, but is not operated by the Walt Disney Company in the way that most Walt Disney World Resorts are. Tishman Realty & Construction Corporation and MetLife own the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide manages the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin.

Upvote 0

kaybee

Original Poster
Thanks for all your great replies!! I got the nurses rate for May for $165/night. I got a standard view, joined SPG...I was sort of hoping for a resort or Epcot view...I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Thanks!! Can't wait for May.:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom