Tell me abut the Pop Century

Pop Century is a great resort.

We had mostly stayed at moderates in the past, and were a little apprehensive when we stayed at Pop in June, 2009.

Suffice it to say, the rooms are a little small. But small is a relative term. We had four adults and a baby in the room, and we still could move around without any difficulty. Amenities were sparse, but reasonable. That is, WDW did not pull out all the stops, with Deluxe level bath products, but there was adequate soap and shampoo, and plenty of towels. Mousekeeping and front desk staff were VERY nice and very helpful.

For being a large resort, I can safely say that the food court MOVED people. The only lines were at the checkouts, and those were no more than a 3 -5 minute wait.

The variety of food was incredible. One of our family members has a sensitive stomach, and another is a diabetic. They both left the food court (whether morning, noon or night) completely satisfied. Most appreciated was the fresh fruit and muffins you could buy, in the event you did not want to go the full breakfast route or the high calorie snack route.

The gift shop was well stocked with a lot of merchandise, specific to Pop and also a smattering of things (autograph books, pins, charms, t-shirts, etc.) that you can get at any resort gift shop. Lines were never a problem.

DW is a very honest appraiser of accomodations, and she gave Pop rave reviews. She was a little skeptical at first, before we arrived, but after we checked in, got settled and went to the gift shop and food court, she was hooked. As a matter of fact, she wants to stay there again. Its a great way to get the benefits of staying on property, without the cost of the Deluxe Resorts (which are awesome too).

The only thing I would suggest is to get a preferred area room, so you are closer to the food court and gift shop.

Best of Luck!

Johnny

Upvote 0

Allioop

I am heading to WDW in 3 weeks and will be staying at POP for the 1st time. Everyone keeps talking about he preferred rooms - what is the difference between a regular room and a preferred room and how do I get a preferred room?

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I love love love Pop Century! I stayed at Wilderness Lodge this month and the Beach Club next month, and I am actually kind of sad that we won't be at Pop :lol: these two trips were special circumstances, I would always stay at Pop otherwise.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/siriusthinking/sets/72157622715163275/

I am heading to WDW in 3 weeks and will be staying at POP for the 1st time. Everyone keeps talking about he preferred rooms - what is the difference between a regular room and a preferred room and how do I get a preferred room?
Preferred rooms are really no different, they're just closer to the main building (food court/lobby) and bus stops. They're a different price, so you'd have to call to get the upgrade.

Upvote 0

Wisconsin

I want to add a quick tip: Get connecting (not just adjoining) rooms! We stayed at Pop 3 weeks ago (2 adults, 2 teenagers), and had 2 rooms. It was great to have 2 bathrooms and be able to go from room to room without going outside. It was like a multi-room "suite". We were top floor of one of the '80s buildings, not facing the pool. It was very quiet! It was only slightly more $$ than one regular room at one of the mods. Be sure to call in your adjoining room request as soon as you make your reservation and then use the on line check-in, they won't guarantee your request but you have about an 80% chance of getting adjoining rooms. Have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I want to second what Wisconsin just said...make sure you specify "connecting" and not just adjoining when asking for rooms that are side by side. On our second trip, we just asked for adjoining and were given two rooms without the door between them. When we explained to the front desk that we actually wanted rooms with a connecting door in them, they immediately accommodated us and told us to ask for connecting rooms next time when we reserve.

LOVE the POP and can't wait to be home in 200 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom