Tell me about the Pop!

SuprDav

We're booked there for 12/16 thru 12/22/12 for 6 nights. We booked 2 rooms at Pop rather than one room at a moderate to get the extra bathroom. That's a must when you have 2 teenage girls plus the wife & I. We have stayed once at ASM a few years ago & that's our only value experience. So, opinions please...

WDWLOYAL1971

We totally love the Pop! We always consider the other resorts, but the Pop just gives us so much of that magical feeling in every way. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

macsmom

I've stayed there 3-4 times. Booked again for October. Each time I book, I think of going to another resort, but I love the atmosphere of the place. I have never had a bad thing happen there, whether it be people or something happen.

Several people say it's a far walk from rooms to the Main Hall, but I don't find that at all. It's just a walk, either to get something to drink or walking back to my room after a great day at one of the parks.

I like it. (Can you tell?!) :)

danna

Upvote 0

SAV

We have only stayed on-site once(off site several times) and we were at POP! We loved it so much that we're going to stay there again this June. Wasn't much of a consideration or want to change to a different resort this time. It is a big place, so you may be walking a bit futher, I guess.

The rooms are value sized rooms, so they are small. But it looks like you will only have 2 to a room, so you're good.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
We're booked there for 12/16 thru 12/22/12 for 6 nights. We booked 2 rooms at Pop rather than one room at a moderate to get the extra bathroom. That's a must when you have 2 teenage girls plus the wife & I. We have stayed once at ASM a few years ago & that's our only value experience. So, opinions please...

For the most part, it's basically the same as ASM except where you park, skinned different, and the bus isn't shared between all three AS* resorts like ASM is.

If you upgrade to a preferred room, you will be closer to the main hall (food court and bus stop)

The pool, just like AS* is nothing to write home about.

Upvote 0

Deputyjc

My family and I just returned from our second stay ay Pop, and it was wonderful. We had a nice room in the 50's. The room was clean and the resort was very nice. The food court can get a little crowded in the morning but that is to be expected. My only complaint was the transportation. Pop doesn't share busses with another resort, but with it being one of the largest resorts the bus line were terribly long. I know Disney dispatches busses on an as needed basis, but they should really concider running more busses in the morning. Overall a great resort for the price point.

Upvote 0

Philhar-Fanatic

We really enjoyed the Pop last year when we stayed there. We were a little concerned going in because we had only stayed on a Moderate level prior to that. Opon arival all our worries were carried away. The place has a fun and whimsical atmosphere, great busses, and a great food court! Booked again for June!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Have stayed at Pop Century for all 4 of our trips and LOVE it! The theming, the pools, the cafeteria, the location...everything about this place we love! We never really even consider staying anywhere else. Have stayed in the 80's and 90's sections once and the 50's section twice. We all seem to really like it in the 50's section, so when we head back down there again in a few years, we are hoping we can snag a room by the bowling pin pool again! :wave:

Upvote 0

njBadLands

Our most recent trip (Feb 10th-15th this year) we had booked four nights at Boardwalk Villas. We decided we wanted to add an extra night (for 5 total vs 4) and did not want to pay a lot. We booked our first night at POP and we loved it. Our last 5 trips have been CSR, CSR, Wilderness Lodge, WL again, and Boardwalk.

I must say I was concerned that I would not like the resort after staying deluxe, but it was perfect for what we were doing. The layout is great, the food hall wonderful, and the theming was top notch. Dare I say that it was even better than the boardwalk for my 8 month old.

Of all the resorts we have been to we love WL the most, but POP definitely held its own with CSR and Boardwalk. This is not a knock on the other two, but more the high regard we held for POP.

Next year we are looking to go in April or May and are probably going to split our stay with 3 nights at POP and the last 3-4 nights at Poly in order to save a few bucks. The room could have been bigger (esp with a baby + pack n play), but amazing value for the money and definitely was more of a Disney feel then CSR and Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom